Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 70050 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Day 2 hates 3rd parties
« Reply #135 on: August 03, 2010, 02:07:16 pm »

Answer the godamn question! Why is voting to lynch scum scummy?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 03, 2010, 02:10:00 pm »

I answered your question Mr.Person, want me to do it again?

IronyOwl spent the ending of the last day hesitant to lynch Org even though that would be the only way someone would be lynched, that's a rise for suspicion.

Stop being thick-headed Mr.Person I can't phrase this anymore for you, who seem to be the only one having trouble.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2010, 02:12:09 pm »

Ok... what makes you think that IronyOwl is faking?
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 03, 2010, 02:14:31 pm »

Actually, lemme rephrase that. What makes you think IronyOwl is bussing?

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Day 1
« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2010, 07:33:03 pm »

You are either scum or you don't quite grasp role strategy in mafia, in which case being lynched will teach you not to rolefish without a solid reason next time.
If this no longer applies, then please, tell me what has changed.

Ok, Lonewolf. What happened to your suspicion of IronyOwl yesterday? What's changed?
He hammered Org, and Mr.Person seems more scummy now than he ever did.  He's off the hook.

Org said that, so I said that, so you said that, so I dared you to explain it, so you said that. At best, you're trying to use circular logic - IronyOwl is scum because he was rolefishing Org, which you know because he asked Org to explain himself, which scum would only do if he thought he could get his role out of it, which is how you know IronyOwl is scum. At worst, this is taking the hold your ground plan to sad new depths, by fairly literally trying to claim I said what you said instead of you.
Admitting the incongruity of this bit of your attack on Org would have been enough to satisfy my queries yesterday.  Little late now, but ok.

That's all the evidence I need, but circumstantially, this was also in defense of Org, and to be blunt it makes more sense that you were defending your scumbuddy than that you actually think any of that's true. You've also got a quaint excuse for when I flip town- oh look! Cute lil noob IronyOwl got himself lynched. He's got nobody to blame but himself, certainly not poor honest Lonewolf.
Nowhere was I defending Org.  I did use his statements against you, but only because they were clearly nonsense yet you were latching onto them as proof of his scumminess, which looked like an effort by scum to fabricate more proof.  I also chose to move forward with it on the off-chance that you really were rolefishing, and just trying to hide it behind semantics.  I didn't see anyone acting particularly scummy, so I had no reason to stop pushing you when you wouldn't cut the nonsense.
You were responding to my "attack" of him, which is what I believe is called a chainsaw defense. I also dare you to find another person who feels my elaborate explanation of why he had to act more townish was a desperate effort to call him scummy. In fact, I'd wager more people are suspicious of my helpful manner towards him than any relentless assault of him.

Trying to say you were pushing on the chance that I was rolefishing is a good answer, but it's a bit late for that. Especially since I don't know what "nonsense" you're talking about.
And, following up that last bit with this one would've completely destroyed the credibility you built up.  Anyway, for future reference, any kind of attack on you would be enough for a chainsaw accusation.  It wouldn't have to be based on your own attack of the party being chainsaw defended.  Nevertheless, I was not chainsawing.  I suspected you of being scum, and acted on that suspicion. 

Mr. Person - You seemed mighty eager to defend me yesterday.  I commented on it with a semi-humorous accusation of buddying, but didn't press the issue.  However, seeing your passive opening today has made me reconsider.  Did you kill Pandarsenic to try and frame me?
So when you do it, it's "nowhere did I defend Org" and when Mr.Person does it it's "mighty eager to defend me"? They both seemed like attacks on the attacker, wherein lies the difference?
I was picking at holes in your attacks, not answering them for Org.

Lonewolf I, you've already got a decent amount to answer for, but I have one more question to add.

Just before the lynch yesterday, starting at 6:43 pm (all times will be my time zone) IronyOwl and myself were talking about the lynch with basically no-one else talking.  It's annoying on all counts, but particularly so for you.  You posted in Beginner's Mafia at 6:40 pm and Vote Mafia 7 at 7:30 pm (the day ended at 7:15 pm).

So you were almost guaranteed online and could possibly have had a deciding impact on the vote.  Why didn't you post?
Because after I posted in Beginner's Mafia, I reviewed this thread to see if anything interesting had occurred.  I didn't realize the day was about to end, so I went downstairs to get some dinner while I was processing what I'd just read, thinking about how I should respond, and considering joining in your conversation.  I came back upstairs ready to begin writing, and found the thread locked.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2010, 07:41:31 pm »

You are now calling Mr.Person the scummiest person in the game, yet aren't exactly pressing him. You are just calling him out for defending you yesterday and a passivity that I don't really see. Either find something worthwhile or admit that your attack on Mr.Person was a deflection.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2010, 07:45:24 pm »

You are now calling Mr.Person the scummiest person in the game, yet aren't exactly pressing him. You are just calling him out for defending you yesterday and a passivity that I don't really see. Either find something worthwhile or admit that your attack on Mr.Person was a deflection.
Scummiest person in a game where no one is particularly scummy yet isn't all that hard to get.  You have the full extent of my attack on him summarized rather well.  Toony is also throwing up some flags, but they've already been hit by others.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2010, 07:46:32 pm »

Solifuge, where in the world are you?  You've posted *58* times on the forums since you're last post in this game on *JULY 27th*.  Not cool.

You are online now.  Or at least you posted less than 10 minutes ago.  You should post here.

Because after I posted in Beginner's Mafia, I reviewed this thread to see if anything interesting had occurred.  I didn't realize the day was about to end, so I went downstairs to get some dinner while I was processing what I'd just read, thinking about how I should respond, and considering joining in your conversation.  I came back upstairs ready to begin writing, and found the thread locked.

A reasonable enough answer, although I'm not sure if I believe you.  The days always end at the same time, and there was a mod post two hours before the end of the day that specifically stated that there were two hours left in the day.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2010, 08:57:45 pm »

Scummiest person in a game where no one is particularly scummy yet isn't all that hard to get.  You have the full extent of my attack on him summarized rather well.  Toony is also throwing up some flags, but they've already been hit by others.

So what's your opinion on Archangel? What's your opinion on Eduren? What's your opinion on Solifuge?

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2010, 08:59:56 pm »

So what's your opinion on Archangel? What's your opinion on Eduren? What's your opinion on Solifuge?
Lurky, lurky, aaaaand... lurky.  All of them have been called out on it, and I'm not fond of jumping on lurkers for lurking alone.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2010, 11:44:09 pm »

Wow, I forgot Archangel was even playing.  Let's hope he does something like tell us his views of the game so far.

Eduren:  What about Janus set you off?  Do you see yourself coming back to it?

Jokerman:  All you've done is a "me too" post against Eduren.  Can't you do something original?

Janus:  Do you think your vote's doing a lot of good on Soli?  It looks like a pretty obvious pressure vote, and it's pretty obvious he's not bowing to it.

Anyway, your day 2 attacks consist of anti-lurkers and meta.  Neither avenue of attack is particularly solid.  Coupled with your D1, you're starting to strike me as a sideliner.  Get in the thick of the game and find some scum with us.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2010, 11:55:36 pm »

Lurky, lurky, aaaaand... lurky.  All of them have been called out on it, and I'm not fond of jumping on lurkers for lurking alone.

Dodging my question, dodging my question, and dodging my question. What's their alignment?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2010, 11:58:25 pm »

Eduren:  What about Janus set you off?  Do you see yourself coming back to it?
I'm never able to read Janus very well. I thought it seemed weird for him to go after Org.

I don't think I'll be coming back to him unless something big happens.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 04, 2010, 12:40:19 am »

Unvote.

Toaster: I didn't see that someone else posted that; it seems I was ninja'd. Like I said, posting from my phone. Makes it hard sometimes.

That said, I've been watching this thing with Lonewolf and I don't get a scummy vibe from him. I've been scum with him and I know how that looks.

I'm still watching for signs at this point (also waiting for a new laptop charger so I can get back into posting regularly), but I'm all for lynching the lurkers if they can't be bothered to play.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #149 on: August 04, 2010, 12:42:22 am »

Wow, I forgot Archangel was even playing.  Let's hope he does something like tell us his views of the game so far.

Archangel at least posted 3 RL days after Solifuge.  Neither has posted during Day 2 and both have posted else where.  Lurking hard in both respects, no question about it.

Janus:  Do you think your vote's doing a lot of good on Soli?  It looks like a pretty obvious pressure vote, and it's pretty obvious he's not bowing to it.

Anyway, your day 2 attacks consist of anti-lurkers and meta.  Neither avenue of attack is particularly solid.  Coupled with your D1, you're starting to strike me as a sideliner.  Get in the thick of the game and find some scum with us.

If Solifuge gets in here and says anything useful, than it did some good.  If he doesn't, he should get a replacement or be lynched.  He's had plenty of time to post on other parts of the forum, just apparantly not here.

The most suspicious non-lurker right now I'd say is probably Lonewolf I.  There are plenty of votes and attacks on him right now, I don't feel like I have anything more to add.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29