Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 70127 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Night 1
« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2010, 02:05:00 pm »

The next morning dawns cold and soggy. A light drizzle fills the air with mist, and large drops of water splash down from the eaves of the buildings.

You gather at the central square. Pandarsenic, however, fails to join you. Curious at his absence, you head off to his house.

Inside you find no trace of him. However, what you do find is disturbing enough. Gnawed bones litter the filthy room.
Human bones, when you look at them closer. The smell of the grave is thick in this room, as well as an odd hint of rosemary.

The Court Priest pronounces this the work of a Ghoul. Foul creatures trapped between life and death that feed on the dead. You are not sure where the monster is now, but you can only hope that he is either dead or gone.

It seems that you are not free of your obligations, however. The removal of this threat has not removed all threats from the town. The Cult is still active, and lurks among you.

Day 2 has started. It will end ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Day 2 hates 3rd parties
« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2010, 02:14:06 pm »

IronyOwl, you seemed incredibly hesitant to lynched Org yesterday right before lynch date (I was asleep IRL at the time).  Is this because you knew he was scum and didn't want to bus your partner until you caved in?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2010, 02:54:08 pm »

Well, clearly my attempt to look like a townie succeeded. -.-
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2010, 03:33:33 pm »

A few leads here...

Eduren:  You seemed content to lurk your way through the end of the day.  You have a very minor excuse in joining late, but that's gone now.  You mentioned suspicions- please share them with us, especially now that they've been tempered by two role flips.

Solifuge:  You also lurked, but you have no excuse.  Are you going to play day 2?

Person:  How has the flip of Org tempered your suspicions of Janus and Lonewolf?

Lonewolf:  Between your bandwagon attempt on Owl and your chainsaw defense of Org, you're pretty damn scummy. 

Learning there's a cult helps us.  Problem is, we don't know what kind of cult.  It could be the type taken from old Paranormal games, or there could be recruits.  We don't know yet, but it's something to think about.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2010, 04:10:11 pm »

IronyOwl, you seemed incredibly hesitant to lynched Org yesterday right before lynch date (I was asleep IRL at the time).  Is this because you knew he was scum and didn't want to bus your partner until you caved in?

No, it was because I feel there is often a method to Org's madness, and I didn't want him lynched just for being annoying, at least when there were better targets. I knew he'd have to go if he didn't get better rather quickly, though, which was why I really didn't want a no lynch- it could have easily translated to a lost lynch later on. If I hadn't wanted him lynched at all, I could have simply held my vote where it was, and either lynched the target I wanted or gone with a no lynch.

Good call, in any case.

Imploring Org to give explanations for his actions and work more closely with the town is simply a loosely veiled request that he reveal his strategy.  Given his declaration that revealing his strategy would reveal his role, which you were explicitly responding to, this equates to your asking him to reveal his role.

You're rolefishing.

Only scum would be rolefishing D1, since the secrecy of their roles is one of the few advantages town has.

You are either scum or you don't quite grasp role strategy in mafia, in which case being lynched will teach you not to rolefish without a solid reason next time.
So, Lonewolf I, let's go over this once more.

Asking someone to explain their actions means asking them to reveal their strategy.
If you say revealing your strategy reveals your role, obviously it's true.
Therefore, asking someone to explain themselves is rolefishing.

That's all the evidence I need, but circumstantially, this was also in defense of Org, and to be blunt it makes more sense that you were defending your scumbuddy than that you actually think any of that's true. You've also got a quaint excuse for when I flip town- oh look! Cute lil noob IronyOwl got himself lynched. He's got nobody to blame but himself, certainly not poor honest Lonewolf.

Also circumstantially, Pandarsenic was the other one voting for you, and he's disappeared now. I honestly wasn't too keen on my chances of making it through the night, what with the grace and subtlety with which you defended Org, but in retrospect it might have made more sense to knock off the less verbose, visible one attacking you. Or convert him, if Cult works in some sort of recruit fashion.

Solifuge, if for some reason this isn't over by the end of today, you're next.

Eduren, you're also lurky. I realize it's a tad awkward to get integrated, but you should be all caught up by now. Any comments?

ToonyMan, what do you think of Pandarsenic's peculiar disappearance and flip?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2010, 04:14:33 pm »

ToonyMan, what do you think of Pandarsenic's peculiar disappearance and flip?
Not very interesting or helpful at all.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Day 1
« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2010, 05:01:05 pm »

OH NOES, NOT THREE PEOPLE! IT WOULD OVERLOAD MY TINY BRAIN! (ok, so this is me just insulting you, I admit that. But hey, it's fun.)

Here's the real juice:
So if it's not an attack, why did you say it? Why do you feel the need to run around saying shit about everyone but not follow up with an actual attack?

At least you admit that it's ad hominem attack.  I never meant to imply that it would overload me, my intention was that it would overload the scum hunting abilities of the town at large.  Focusing on every player that looks even slightly scummy goes poorly, I've tried it before.  So I focus on one or two.

That doesn't really answer the question. You answered why you aren't attacking more players, not why you feel the need to point out all the scummy stuff other players are doing but not the need to actually follow up with an attack on them.

Person:  How has the flip of Org tempered your suspicions of Janus and Lonewolf?

It's changed nothing and everything. All the evidence is exactly the same but now I need to relook at it from a different angle. I don't have anything new to ask Lonewolf or Janus (besides the one up there), so I dunno. I guess I'll just look elsewhere and examine the questions you guys have posed. Of course, things aren't looking good for Lonewolf, but we'll see what he says.

Eduren, lynch all lurkers says get in here and post or you die.

@ToonyMan: What about all the people who didn't vote for Org at all?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2010, 05:03:03 pm »

I'm guessing it's because they didn't think he was scum.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2010, 05:32:25 pm »

So uh, I can has dead chat?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2010, 05:35:10 pm »

No dead chat for Supernatural. People can come back from the dead, and that would just get broken.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 02, 2010, 05:35:37 pm »

Aren't ghouls dead in the first place?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2010, 05:38:25 pm »

Man, you all suck. All I wanted was to nom some dead bodies.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2010, 06:52:36 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Eduren: Mr.Person
IronyOwl: ToonyMan
Lonewolf I: IronyOwl, Toaster
Come play Mafia with us!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2010, 07:23:12 pm »

Ok... so why is IronyOwl more suspiscious than anybody else?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2010, 07:40:52 pm »

Ok... so why is IronyOwl more suspiscious than anybody else?
I thought I said this, he was the deciding vote for yesterday.

Why are you defending him?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29