Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 70098 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Day 1 - Replacement needed!
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2010, 05:52:44 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Archangel: Solifuge
IronyOwl: Diablous
JanusTwoFace: Toaster
Jokerman-EXE: IronyOwl, Lonewolf I
Org: JanusTwoFace
Pandarsenic: Jokerman-EXE
Solifuge: Mr.Person, Pandarsenic
Toaster: ToonyMan

Still need a replacement for Diablous
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2010, 05:57:44 pm »

If my strategy is based on my role, how can you not figure out my role from my strategy?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2010, 06:02:53 pm »

If my strategy is based on my role, how can you not figure out my role from my strategy?

So you're saying that if anybody role fishes you, you'd just roll over and admit your role? You're saying that you'd always act in a certain way because of your role? That doesn't make any sense.

And why are you freaking out over getting rolefished about a scum role, anyways?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2010, 08:33:51 pm »

No.(This is to me saying my role, no I am not. How did you get that? I meant that if I told him my strategy, it is based on my role.)

If I have a role, is it good to say it and then have the scum know?
No.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2010, 08:34:25 pm »

I don't understand you Org.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2010, 09:23:21 pm »

If your strategy is based on your role and your strategy is to ask if someone is a werevampitch, than the only role I can think of is some sort of Jester.  If so, congradulations, you're doing a great job.

I think I am the only person who hasn't posted, and Nothing so far has caught my eye, so... Pandarsenic, why did you vote for Solifuge when there already was a vote on him?

Archangel, you haven't posted much.  You had a fair reason (although if nothing much has happened, the best thing is to make something happen rather than just sitting and waiting IMO).  Now things have been happening.  What's your opinion?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2010, 10:13:14 pm »

Eduren has replaced Diablous
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Day 1
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2010, 10:15:04 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2010, 10:23:55 pm »

Thankfully there's not much game material to go over yet, so I should have something meaningful in a few hours.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2010, 11:58:29 pm »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2010, 12:05:44 am »

No.(This is to me saying my role, no I am not. How did you get that? I meant that if I told him my strategy, it is based on my role.)

No.

This isn't a valid excuse because it's a blanket excuse to not ever explain what you're doing. Why are you bandwagoning town? Shhhh, can't reveal my role. Why are you flagrantly lying? STOP ROLEFISHING SCUM. Why do you keep nightkilling confirmed townies? It's a secret, if I told you scum would gain an advantage.

Even if you have a powerful role, trying to hide from everyone else and do everything yourself doesn't work, Org. If you won't explain why you're doing anything, we'll have no choice but to assume you're up to no good and lynch you. Scum are working together by default, Org. If town can't do the same, they're going to lose.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2010, 12:31:41 am »

No.

This isn't a valid excuse because it's a blanket excuse to not ever explain what you're doing. Why are you bandwagoning town? Shhhh, can't reveal my role. Why are you flagrantly lying? STOP ROLEFISHING SCUM. Why do you keep nightkilling confirmed townies? It's a secret, if I told you scum would gain an advantage.

Even if you have a powerful role, trying to hide from everyone else and do everything yourself doesn't work, Org. If you won't explain why you're doing anything, we'll have no choice but to assume you're up to no good and lynch you. Scum are working together by default, Org. If town can't do the same, they're going to lose.

That's a different matter entirely. I was under the impression we were talking about Org flipping out over Janus asking why Org asked the RVS question he asked. Now you're talking about bringing role evidence against another player and how the accused player should respond. This transitioned weirdly.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2010, 06:07:04 am »

Unvote
Jokerman-EXE, that's an awfully waffling response, isn't it? Why are you trying so hard to avoid knowing anything about demons?
You mean this?
Jokerman-EXE - What are the odds we have both a Demon and a Devil in addition to the usual scum, as we did last time?
I have no idea. I'm not sure how this is balanced or anything like that.
Wait, weren't the two connected in some way? Or was that just the discussion that went on?
He answered your question, then elaborated on that answer. I don't think that's waffling. So, IronyOwl, what makes you think it is?

I think I am the only person who hasn't posted, and Nothing so far has caught my eye, so... Pandarsenic, why did you vote for Solifuge when there already was a vote on him?

Archangel, you haven't posted much.  You had a fair reason (although if nothing much has happened, the best thing is to make something happen rather than just sitting and waiting IMO).  Now things have been happening.  What's your opinion?
I think Org is being a confused idiot, or in other words, Org. He still hasn't actually answered any of the questions he's been asked. To me, he and Irony are currently the scummiest feeling players right now. I can't see anything else to comment on, but feel free to ask me about stuff.

Just a warning, I'm fairly sure I'm coming down with a cold, so I might not have access to an internet connection due to staying home. If I don't post this is probably why. However, I don't think it necessary for me to ask for a replacement yet.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2010, 06:16:56 am »

Unvote

If you have a powerful role, tell us now "for the good of the town".
/paraphrase

Behind all your talk of strategy and working together, IronyOwl, is the most blatant case of rolefishing I've seen thus far.  Explain yourself.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2010, 09:50:12 am »

Janus:  Fair enough WRT lurking.  However...

And I don't think it's necessarily the case in this game because it's a closed setup, but IMO most of the time if someone asks a question about a scum role (especially if not directed at the mod), than they're usually trying to hide something.

You tried to cover it, but there's still a weak attack there.  Not enough to get a response out of him, but enough so you can cast doubt on Jokerman.  Either attack hard or not at all- don't just try to sow doubt on others.

Org:  You're acting strange, even for Org.  We don't care about your role right now, so just help us find scum.

Solifuge:  You hate RVS.  That's great.  Quit sidelining and play the game.

Eduren:  Do you have something meaningful for us yet?

IronyOwl:  There's scumhunting, and then there's looking around to see who's an easy lynch.  You sure look like you're doing the latter, especially since you mentioned Org policy lynches earlier.  Why are you pressing that when you could be doing original scumhunting?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29