Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Let's Play Fire Emblem 4: Genealogy of the Holy War! [COMPLETED!]  (Read 68601 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Fire Emblem 4: Genealogy of the Holy War! [COMPLETED!]
« Reply #225 on: September 06, 2010, 06:01:20 pm »

I played all three.

There's no complete translation for FE6 I believe. It has a lot of characters, though. It's difficult game.

FE7 is a prequel to FE6 and has complete translation. It's actually first officialy translated Fire Emblem, just to show it to Western gamers. It's difficult game, like FE6.

FE8 is easy. It has a map which you can travel, baddies to grind on so it's actually just matter of EXPing before harder missions.

Also, the maps are pretty small. I believe you could fit 4 maps of GBA Fire Emblems into one map of FE4.

They have fairly changed rules, what with arenas available only on certain maps, for example, or shopping only when you enter a shop during a mission.

I recommend starting with FE8, just to learn the basics of all three games.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 06, 2010, 07:23:36 pm »

Six has a decent translation patch, seven was my second fire emblem and incredibly fun, and eight, while fun, was very easy. Very easy indeed, still fun however, if you don't levelgrind.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 07, 2010, 08:23:03 am »

Is 8 really the only one released in America? I just wanted something to play on the long bus rides I'm about to endure in a couple days.

It's a real shame that so many good games are withheld from American audiences for whatever reasons.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 07, 2010, 08:31:28 am »

7 and 8 has been officialy released in US I believe.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 07, 2010, 08:45:34 am »

That's good to hear. I'll see if I can drop by a Gamestop or another used game store I know and see if it's in stock. I don't think a GBA game would be that expensive.

I just wish I had a specialized case for keeping all my GBA games though, I already lost FFTA (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance), but I hated that game so I don't really mind.

In other news, This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 07, 2010, 01:26:11 pm »

Someday I'll have to try playing these. They look like fun!

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 07, 2010, 01:40:19 pm »

That's good to hear. I'll see if I can drop by a Gamestop or another used game store I know and see if it's in stock. I don't think a GBA game would be that expensive.

I just wish I had a specialized case for keeping all my GBA games though, I already lost FFTA (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance), but I hated that game so I don't really mind.

In other news, This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
Thats... Horrible. Yuck. Plus why do people like it? Its got some really overrated characters in it. :L
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 07, 2010, 02:15:16 pm »

Someday I'll have to try playing these. They look like fun!

They are fun, this is my seventh playthrough afterall!

I've been looking up Youtube videos of the GBA games, and I have to say I'm really unimpressed with the battles. The sprites are cleaner, yes, but the actual animations leave alot to be desired. In FE4, the battles occur on a large battlefield, with the fighters being very animated and lively. They'll run and jump and make huge dashes across the battlefield, and both the fighters need to keep moving and adjusting their position in order to keep up with eachother. It's why I love Swordfighters and Thief Fighters so much, because they're basically doing acrobatics all over the battlefield! It's a large part of what originally endeared me to the game. In the GBA FE's though, the characters look really static, as they take turns waiting to use their animations before returning to their designated spot. Radiant Dawn, the one for the Gamecube, just plain looks overly flashy and exaggerated.

I'd have to try it out for myself though.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 02:19:58 pm by JoshuaFH »

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 07, 2010, 03:33:17 pm »

Path of Radiance was for the Gamecube, radiant dawn for the wii.

Sorry, had to say that.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 07, 2010, 03:40:11 pm »

Darnitall, here I am mixing up those two games.

But I was looking through some of the earlier pages of Play With Your Buddies, and I have to say, am I the first person to actually finish an LP here?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 07, 2010, 03:41:20 pm »

I fully expect some kind of 'Achievement Unlocked' popping up on your monitor now :P
SigFlags!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 07, 2010, 05:05:21 pm »

Darnitall, here I am mixing up those two games.

But I was looking through some of the earlier pages of Play With Your Buddies, and I have to say, am I the first person to actually finish an LP here?

Aqizzar's Sid Meier's Colonization and your Fire Emblem game are the only two completed LPs. We're on a roll!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 07, 2010, 05:22:35 pm »

Wow, that's really something.

I wish I knew how to hack and translate, because I'd do it myself in place of those lazybone people that can't seem to finish it.

Hell, if I got really into it, I'd create my own hack, and it would be my own take on the world of Jugdral and the game would be about exploring more deeply into the Ancient Dragon Tribe nonsense.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 07, 2010, 05:25:31 pm »

Wow, that's really something.

I wish I knew how to hack and translate, because I'd do it myself in place of those lazybone people that can't seem to finish it.

Hell, if I got really into it, I'd create my own hack, and it would be my own take on the world of Jugdral and the game would be about exploring more deeply into the Ancient Dragon Tribe nonsense.
Now now Josh, one miracle at a time.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 07, 2010, 05:28:20 pm »

Josh pumped out like 3 huge updates each day without fault, I don't see how he wouldn't finish.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17