Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31

Author Topic: Starcraft II  (Read 31578 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Starcraft II
« Reply #315 on: August 06, 2010, 05:48:18 am »

Bought this game today.
Played through the campaign a bit.

I had forgotten how much... fun... a RTS could be. Kind of a shocker, really - a game so old and it still manages to pull the right strings to get me interested.
wat
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 06, 2010, 06:08:08 am »

Bought this game today.

I had forgotten how much... fun... a RTS could be. Kind of a shocker, really - a game so old and it still manages to pull the right strings to get me interested.
wat

To be fair, the gameplay is almost exactly like the first one with a lot of polish slapped on it. Most rts games now have squads and control points and whatnot.

Whiskey mcgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 06, 2010, 07:10:20 am »

Old? SC2 came out a few weeks ago. ^^
And yeah, Im just saying, even if he did get your base, didnt you have superior forces? You couldve killed their army and then moved in to finish the deal at their base. :S.
I seriously need that replay. ^^

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 06, 2010, 08:49:17 am »

Bought this game today.

wat

Starcraft is an old game. I started playing Starcraft in 1999. Starcraft 2 is so much like Starcraft - in terms of gameplay, missions, etc - that I forget that to everyone else it's considered a 'new' game. It just feels like the same game I started playing more than ten years.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 06, 2010, 10:25:30 am »

First online game got me two trolls. A 3v3 co-op game vs AI, Easy difficulty. I chose Terran, two other humans as Zerg, 3 random AI.

Right from the start the two dickheads sent overlords and pour creep all over my base. Asked them to stop fooling about, no response. So I upgraded my base into orbital command, and scanned for the AIs. I lift off my bases and barracks, and proceeded to lure AIs to them. In the mean time I send out lots of drones and stole all minerals I could.

AIs wiped both of them out.

Miggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 06, 2010, 11:03:26 am »

First online game got me two trolls. A 3v3 co-op game vs AI, Easy difficulty. I chose Terran, two other humans as Zerg, 3 random AI.

Right from the start the two dickheads sent overlords and pour creep all over my base. Asked them to stop fooling about, no response. So I upgraded my base into orbital command, and scanned for the AIs. I lift off my bases and barracks, and proceeded to lure AIs to them. In the mean time I send out lots of drones and stole all minerals I could.

AIs wiped both of them out.

Easy, stop playing 3v3, lol.

In 3v3s and 4v4s your chance to encounter trolls and other non-serious guys is pretty much 100%. People who play the game "seriously" and want to get better play 1v1, sometimes 2v2. People play 3v3, 4v4 and FFA just for shits and giggles.

Also, how did they manage to get killed by the easy AI? Does that thing actually attack?

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 06, 2010, 11:19:33 am »

Out of curiosity, have any improvements been made to battlenet since launch? Whats the custom mapping situation looking like?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 06, 2010, 11:39:18 am »

Out of curiosity, have any improvements been made to battlenet since launch? Whats the custom mapping situation looking like?
Blizzard has been deleting maps because they can.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 11:41:19 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 06, 2010, 11:58:06 am »

Hahaha, oh wow. I was hoping for good news too. :(

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 06, 2010, 12:12:15 pm »

Hahaha, oh wow. I was hoping for good news too. :(

Its hilarious how carebear Blizzard is now...
Just cause one(or more) of the waves on the minimap for a short moment resembles something 'non-family friendly'....

"Gonna be a bright shiny dayfuture."
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 06, 2010, 12:13:19 pm »

dropping nukes on civilian miners and mass murdering humans with an alien swarm: family friendly

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 06, 2010, 12:14:54 pm »

dropping nukes on civilian miners and mass murdering humans with an alien swarm: family friendly

Hey, we got no problems with murder and genocide!  But, we do have problems with sexual material!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 06, 2010, 12:24:15 pm »

I recall that in Starcraft my high school buddies and me used to organize "vs sucker" games (3v1sucker, 2v2suckers...). Basically we organized a team game with random people from the battlenet chat, and then coordinated our attacks so that we destroyed each other's teammates. Then we teamed up over whoever had survived.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 06, 2010, 12:43:26 pm »

Easy, stop playing 3v3, lol.

In 3v3s and 4v4s your chance to encounter trolls and other non-serious guys is pretty much 100%. People who play the game "seriously" and want to get better play 1v1, sometimes 2v2. People play 3v3, 4v4 and FFA just for shits and giggles.

Well, I play 3v3 because it seems to be what Blizzard want new players to try first. Campaign, challenge, co-op, 1v1. I think the wikia page said so too, saying it's the way they want to introduce new players to the game.

I'll probably stick to the campaigns and challenges for now... until they finally allow SEA users to get NA client as well. Then I will play my friends over there.

Also, how did they manage to get killed by the easy AI? Does that thing actually attack?

They wasted time trolling... and a monkey at the keyboard will probably play better than they did. They didn't scout at all - it was my orbital command revealing the AIs to them. Only one of them tried to harass with a small ground of zerglings... from the looks I think they weren't speedlings. And AIs (at least one Terran) responded quickly with a bunch of hellions, wiping one of them out. I led Terran AI back to the remaining troll, and the Zerg AI joined in. The troll still had nothing, AI Zerg had roaches and hydralisks.

When both trolls were gone, I moved my base to another area. Zerg AI quickly followed with a bunch of brood lords.

Whiskey mcgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 06, 2010, 02:45:47 pm »

Naah, trust me, dont get used to dem 3v3-4v4, it does not require true skill at all, it's just a rush race.
Just try 1v1 for a few times, thats where the adrenaline starts pumping and the hand starts shaking.  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31