Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31

Author Topic: Starcraft II  (Read 31623 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starcraft II
« Reply #300 on: August 05, 2010, 10:39:03 am »

No offense, but motherships are so useless, its strange that you lost. ^^. But anyway, void prison? Never heard of it, I think you mean the
Vortex.. And yeah, if yer forces get sucked inside it, just move ALL of your units there, that way, it wont do any damage. :p
Stasis field, Arbiter?  From Starcraft 1....  That is what it sounds like.  It can be useful to a Micro Manager...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Actually Hydralisks were, according to the fluff, peace loving vegetarians. Before the zerg twisted them, obviously. I think Ultralisks were as well.
How close u were...
Ah, starcraft lore.  Too bad I can't remember much of it.  Been too many years.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Whiskey mcgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 05, 2010, 11:02:28 am »

There are no arbiters in SC2. :P

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 05, 2010, 11:38:18 am »

No offense, but motherships are so useless, its strange that you lost. ^^. But anyway, void prison? Never heard of it, I think you mean the
Vortex.. And yeah, if yer forces get sucked inside it, just move ALL of your units there, that way, it wont do any damage. :p
T...That's actually why I figure I lost. I moved all of my forces into the vortex (I had read on the official forums something that made me think the vortex lasted an amount of time based on how many units are caught in it. less time for more units) but it was AT my base, so that works in the battlefield where only your troops are at stake but my walls, barracks etc were right there, unprotected.
:(

Stasis field, Arbiter?  From Starcraft 1....  That is what it sounds like.  It can be useful to a Micro Manager...
It basically is, only units can move into the stasis field and even more can get caught. Mothership is the new arbiter basically, with stasis field+area cloak.
no teleport though I think.

It automatically saves the last like 10 or 20 replays, regardless of whether you saved it or not, I think.
Oh... well I'll check if I still have it. Why would you want to watch a replay of me losing, though? haha

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 05, 2010, 11:51:44 am »

It automatically saves the last like 10 or 20 replays, regardless of whether you saved it or not, I think.
Oh... well I'll check if I still have it. Why would you want to watch a replay of me losing, though? haha
How did you lose with the 'perfect counter' army?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 05, 2010, 12:26:39 pm »

well I think I covered it in my post
stalkers,colossi,carriers vs. tanks, vikings, banshees.
vikings counter colossi and carriers, tanks and cloaked banshees counter stalkers. the mothership disabled my entire defensive force(my stupidity)
I was just raging cause I'm a noob earlier. noobrage. But still, I was all rocking to their scissors

Miggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 05, 2010, 01:32:41 pm »

So I can see what you did wrong and point it in your face. :P

As for motherships, they have area cloak, vortex and Mass recall. Mass recall works exactly like it did in SC1. Vortex is like stasis, except units walking into the stasis'd area after casting are also stasis'd. Basically it creates a hole in the map that anything sinks into, and after X amount of time the hole disappears, spewing everything out again.

The mothership is probably one of the most nerfed units in the game. :P It used to have a bunch of sweet spells and abilities, but no surprise they were all overpowered beyond belief. The most recent spell removal was the teleport spell it had, where it could instantly zap to any place with a power field on the entire map. Fun matches of mothership rushes ensued, where the mothership would fly into opponent's bases, tear stuff up then whenever its shields were depleted (those things have like 800 shields or something) it would simply teleport back into the protoss base, then begin its long trek towards the enemy base again, regenning its shields as it went.

They're very difficult to use very well, though. I think one of the best uses of arbiters in SC1 was to fly into a locked-up terran base and mass recall a good squad of goons to tear down all of his stuff while his tanks were elsewhere. But the mothership is simply so slow that it can't sneakily surprise like that. Another use was the stasis, but vortex is not hostile-only, if you lead your own units over there they'll get sucked in too. A lot of mothership + carrier battles have been lost because the mothership created a vortex which nearly every single interceptor got sucked into, rendering the entire protoss force defenceless. :P

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 05, 2010, 01:36:17 pm »

So the mothership is the arbiter, with a few tweaks.

Miggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 05, 2010, 01:41:04 pm »

Yeah it's like a bigger, tougher, slower and more expensive arbiter. And you can only have one at a time.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 05, 2010, 01:43:18 pm »

A lot of mothership + carrier battles have been lost because the mothership created a vortex which nearly every single interceptor got sucked into, rendering the entire protoss force defenceless. :P
That's hilarious XD
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Libelnon

• Bay Watcher
  • iz happeh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 05, 2010, 04:19:44 pm »

I always found arbiters to be a right arsepain myself.

Borrowed a copy off one of my mates for a bit. As a zerg player, I'm really loving them roaches. And banelings. Living minefields for the win.
I bet manly tea tastes like crushed nerd dreams.

Miggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 05, 2010, 05:49:12 pm »

I always found arbiters to be a right arsepain myself.

Borrowed a copy off one of my mates for a bit. As a zerg player, I'm really loving them roaches. And banelings. Living minefields for the win.

You should've seen roaches when they were only 1 supply. If roaches didn't work, you simply applied more roaches.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 05, 2010, 07:57:04 pm »

Bought this game today.
Played through the campaign a bit.

I had forgotten how much... fun... a RTS could be. Kind of a shocker, really - a game so old and it still manages to pull the right strings to get me interested.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

CrimsonKnight86

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 06, 2010, 01:07:15 am »

Can't wait for the Zerg and Protoss campaign.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 06, 2010, 01:13:02 am »

The campaign is fun

The multiplayer? Fucking FUCK Christ SHITBALLS I am terrible at this game.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 06, 2010, 03:17:31 am »

I've played Brood War for many a year now. I'm not getting SC2 until the Battle Chest comes out, so I dont waste money on one third of the story at a time.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31