Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31

Author Topic: Starcraft II  (Read 31628 times)

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starcraft II
« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2010, 01:20:48 pm »

It's not exactly DRM. Furthermore, paying additional 60$ for the game doesnt troubles me in any way. Im not that cheap.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2010, 01:43:13 pm »

It's not exactly DRM. Furthermore, paying additional 60$ for the game doesnt troubles me in any way. Im not that cheap.
And people here are complaining about an additional $10... :P

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2010, 02:15:58 pm »

Wait, you're restricted to one server? Fuck you Blizzard. Fuck you with a pineapple.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2010, 02:17:56 pm »

DRM isnt draconian in any way.
So you call having to be online to play a offline, singleplayer game (Assassin's Creed II) by a specific company NOT Draconian?
What are you on?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 29, 2010, 02:34:45 pm »

So you call having to be online to play a offline, singleplayer game (Assassin's Creed II) by a specific company NOT Draconian?
What are you on?

I don't think you actually do, at least for some of it. There's a "play as guest" button that lets you play offline single player stuff. I don't know exactly what you can and can't do while you're "playing as a guest" but you don't HAVE to be online. It's still dumb that you need to be online for some of the stuff though.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 29, 2010, 02:45:19 pm »

What are you on?
I pirated AC2. But I dont have any problems with THAT DRM either. Get a normal fucking connection? Dont want to? Go play your games from 2000.
This is a topic about starcraft 2. It got no draconian DRM. You need to be online to play, whoopiefuckingdedoo, mulktiplayer! Big surprise!
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 29, 2010, 02:45:55 pm »

I'm missing a map called "piercing the shroud", I'm stuck at 25/26 maps completed and I did every mission before going to the final area as well as clicking on everything during the starship scenes. It's not anywhere in my map list either, there's 28 of them there, 3 of which are duplicates from the plot decisions. Is it something like Dark Origins in SC1 where you have to do something that is never alluded to whatsoever and was only discovered when people started data mining the code?
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 29, 2010, 02:47:26 pm »

Basically, you need to have not done the char missions or have a save   file from before going to Char. Go to media blitz and in the lower right   hand corner of the map is a science facility. Destroy it, get   documents, then finish mission. After it's done, go to your star map and   there it will be.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 29, 2010, 04:19:13 pm »

Apparently having a completed campaign and doing that mission again(with the secret) from the mission list doesn't enable the extra one. Meh, I'll shelve it for a few years and see if the patches improve it as much as they did with WCIII and WoW over time.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 29, 2010, 10:58:25 pm »

I'm a little dissapointed they only seem to have firebats and the missle-y firebats in the armoury bay. I would've liked to have been able to see all my units there to click on and get some more fluff about them. Seems wierd they'd only do those two units. :(

I pirated AC2. But I dont have any problems with THAT DRM either. Get a normal fucking connection? Dont want to? Go play your games from 2000.
This is a topic about starcraft 2. It got no draconian DRM. You need to be online to play, whoopiefuckingdedoo, mulktiplayer! Big surprise!

Yeah fuck people in rural areas, or those who can't afford to pay for internet connections, or who have one or two shittys ISPs that drop their connection all the time. Who the hell do they think they are, expecting to be able to enjoy their games out of the box? Assholes.

Region locking is DRM, and you seemed pretty pissed off about it when you first posted. At least irate enough to write a snarky comment about it on a forum. And yeah $60 is meaningless to you cause you aint that cheap, awesome job. Good thing everyone in the world is as wealthy or wealthier than you, and it's just a matter of "being cheap" and not a case of being able to afford it or not. Fuck poor people, they're almost as bad as people with bad net connections, the filthy bastards.

Blacken

• Bay Watcher
  • Orange Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 29, 2010, 11:07:37 pm »

Wait, you're restricted to one server? Fuck you Blizzard. Fuck you with a pineapple.
Restrictions are in place for the first 60 days after release, after which you can select regions.

(This may not apply to certain regions, in particular Latin America and Korea.)
"There's vermin fish, which fisherdwarves catch, and animal fish, which catch fisherdwarves." - Flame11235

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #146 on: July 29, 2010, 11:09:19 pm »

Restrictions are in place for the first 60 days after release, after which you can select regions.

(This may not apply to certain regions, in particular Latin America and Korea.)
Yet another reason to not buy this for a while.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 29, 2010, 11:28:24 pm »

I'm a little dissapointed they only seem to have firebats and the missle-y firebats in the armoury bay. I would've liked to have been able to see all my units there to click on and get some more fluff about them. Seems wierd they'd only do those two units. :(

I think about half of the units show up in the armory over time. It would have been nice to see the little lore-bits for all of them, but you get a pretty good spread over the course of the campaign.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 29, 2010, 11:37:19 pm »

The spider mines are funny when you get them in the armoury.

Also, watch the guy operating the lift at the back.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #149 on: July 29, 2010, 11:43:47 pm »

The spider mines are funny when you get them in the armoury.

Also, watch the guy operating the lift at the back.
Spider mines are removed in regular games though, right?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31