Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Damage Limit  (Read 2191 times)

vipre01

• Bay Watcher
  • asdf
    • View Profile
Damage Limit
« on: July 27, 2010, 05:39:58 am »

If my guy has an infection (artery damage), will he eventually die from it?

Is there no way to repair a spine? (lol)

Also, is there going to be future implementation of paying/trading for heals from doctors since some things DO NOT heal on their own?

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Damage Limit
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 05:42:13 am »

If my guy has an infection (artery damage), will he eventually die from it?

Is there no way to repair a spine? (lol)

Also, is there going to be future implementation of paying/trading for heals from doctors since some things DO NOT heal on their own?

1. Probably, although there's a chance he may not.
2. There is no way (to my knowledge).
3. I have no idea, although it seems like something that would have been suggested before, so it's probably going to happen.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 05:44:16 am by OmnipotentGrue »

vipre01

• Bay Watcher
  • asdf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 05:44:01 am »

Thanks for the reply and the (sad) info. I'll make sure he goes out gloriously.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 05:45:48 am »

Thanks for the reply and the (sad) info. I'll make sure he goes out gloriously.

I edited my post, by the way. I wouldn't kill him off -  just keep doing what you're doing and see what happens.

vipre01

• Bay Watcher
  • asdf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 06:04:20 am »

Will do, thanks.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 08:27:26 am »

Extra info: Upper spine injuries are often quite a downer, like so:

Apparently, He lost control of most of his motor functions and more...it also took a while before he suffocated, insuring a slow and agonizing death from one well placed hit/damage (And yet he still slowly crawled after me all throughout my onslaught, I admire his spunk).
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 08:32:43 am »

That'll learn him - maybe next time he should consider not suffocating, eh?

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 12:26:34 pm »

Apparently, He lost control of most of his motor functions and more...it also took a while before he suffocated, insuring a slow and agonizing death from one well placed hit/damage (And yet he still slowly crawled after me all throughout my onslaught, I admire his spunk).
I think him crawling is a bug. An hit that trashes his main motor nerve would paralyze him, no less. Alot of the stuff in your upper body is quite... important. So is the stuff in the skull (make sure no bits smash into it). It's still awesome though.

frostilicus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnerpin' the Glorpenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 02:26:05 pm »

I think him crawling is a bug. An hit that trashes his main motor nerve would paralyze him, no less. Alot of the stuff in your upper body is quite... important. So is the stuff in the skull (make sure no bits smash into it). It's still awesome though.
IMO he bit into the ground and pulled himself with his teef. Or he used his chin to pull himself along.

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 03:28:07 pm »

IMO he bit into the ground and pulled himself with his teef. Or he used his chin to pull himself along.

He was just pulling himself along by his forehead, ranting and raving and cursing you out. And then he gurgled out his last breath with a long and colorful slight against the gender and race of your mother before finally falling dead.

It was probably very awesome.
I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.

frostilicus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnerpin' the Glorpenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 05:36:41 pm »

He was just pulling himself along by his forehead, ranting and raving and cursing you out. And then he gurgled out his last breath with a long and colorful slight against the gender and race of your mother before finally falling dead.

It was probably very awesome.
Indeed. I wish I were there to have seen it :(