Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: Where did you get your username/avatar?  (Read 16036 times)

Vaftrudner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Where did you get your username/avatar?
« Reply #240 on: September 23, 2010, 07:05:30 pm »

From when I was a kid and way into Norse mythology. Vafþrúðnir was an all-knowing giant that was challenged by Odin to a battle of knowledge, Odin cheated and got to cut his head off. The moral? It's Norse mythology, you get fucked and die, get over it. Vaftrudner is a more Swedish spelling.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 23, 2010, 07:18:25 pm »

My username is a (the) main character of my own "Multiworld Chronicles: The Greatest of the Wars" fictional setting, of which I'm someday hoping to write a novel or something. One earthling was chosen to be in charge of maintaining the balance of force on the side of the Earth, and chose a name for himself. Titled Controller, and receiving the callsign "Jaguar" from Mii'Ari allies, he became Controller Sean "Jaguar" Mirrsen - from which my other handle, "CSJM", comes.

My avatar is this: Astroid miniature 'shopped to look like Gurren-Lagann.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 23, 2010, 07:25:10 pm »

And your personal text is "Who the hell do you think I am?!" in Japanese.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 23, 2010, 07:34:47 pm »

Yeah, no other variant or spelling of any other relevant phrase could be fit into the tagline space.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 23, 2010, 07:36:33 pm »

Yeah, no other variant or spelling of any other relevant phrase could be fit into the tagline space.
You could make it fit even better if you removed all the spaces.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Yaaga

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mou... Yui-Senpai... Stop teasing me!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 24, 2010, 02:02:58 pm »

Yaaga is the online identity I've created for myself by complete chance. I was actually playing some game on my PS2 one day, performing like crap and I needed some sort of war-cry to get myself pumped up to try more - queue "YAAGA YAAGA YAAGA!" (Yeah, I have issues.)

This was the primary use of Yaaga for many months, until it dawned on me when I was registering on a forum that Yaaga sort of kind of sounds like a name, almost. Ever since then I've used Yaaga as an online identity, and the odds are good if you see a Yaaga somewhere it's me. At the least, I've never registered somewhere Yaaga was taken, so it's not that common.

Fun facts about Yaaga - It has practical real world uses, as found out when I tried to google myself one day. It's the name of some tech support company or something, as well as part of some Indian ritual.
It's very easy to mess up apparently. I can't count the number of people that referred to me as Yagga at first...

As for my avatar, it's just a .gif of the scene from early in K-ON where Yui's offering the last available slice of cake to Azu-Nyan, which causes her face to light up. Then she pulls it back and she gets sad. Queue repeating .gif of it. I didn't make it myself, it was found on a thread for pictures of Azu-Nyan in her Fan Club on MAL, someone asked for avatars and this was part of the given list.
Minister of Luck - I directly affect everything in an indirect way that may or may not amount to anything! Yay me!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 24, 2010, 04:50:50 pm »

Huh. Spitefire had that avatar for a while, I think he has changed it since then though.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 25, 2010, 04:24:22 am »

I have the same name as an archangel. My current avatar is the portrait for the Shock Trooper/Iron Mauler from Battle for Wesnoth. I'm using it because I like heavy armor.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 05:33:30 am by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 25, 2010, 05:33:39 am »

My username is the nick name of writerStig Dagerman's alter ego/author avatar in The Snake, from 1945. Awesome book, awesome character. In the ending chapters, he gets drunk, argues with a fellow "intellectual" for a while, then climbs out a upper storey windows and slips to his death. Oh, and there's a girl in a red hat watching.

If I remember correctly, "scriver" was given to the character by his army buddies because it was the brand of a kind of typewriter.
Love, scriver~

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 25, 2010, 05:41:09 am »

My username was some random brainfart related to one of Gary Larson's cartoons which I'm happy to carry around everywhere.

My avatar is this kickass piece of Warp Spider Training fanart I found on DeviantArt before I was scarred enhanced for life by all the furries and stuff.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

The Underchef

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 27, 2010, 06:09:14 pm »

I'm a chef.

My image is a picture from The Amory Wars, In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth III.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 28, 2010, 05:05:33 am »

My name is mostly from when I was a bit younger and into old thrash metallica. I really liked there song 'Metal Militia' and took it. Also being a 'seriouse' (for want of a more appropreate word) metal head I've kept it.

Also please note: I've got nothing to do with the idiots on Youtube that go on about spamming and harasing pop vids, in fact I'm glad now I wasn't able to get the same name on youtube because of that.

My Avatar is of Buckethead which is the stage persona of an amazing gutarist Brian Carroll who I've recently being really getting into. He's not a guitarist you can pin down to any genere, hes done thrash/death metal, atmospheric calming ballards and everything inbetween. It's because of his diversity (and the fact he pumps out music at an almost constant rate whilst sitll perfoming live, sadly only in some parts of america).
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 28, 2010, 08:21:08 am »

Do you still listen to Metallica and old thrash?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 28, 2010, 09:04:12 am »

A long long time ago my username generally was Nivek## where the number was my age.

Then I played Neopets where my name was Master of Neon (It was WAAAAAAY back when Bruce was a talkshow host instead of a penguin)

then later I combined Neon with my original name Nivek making Neonivek.

Kevineon

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 28, 2010, 10:20:48 am »

Do you still listen to Metallica and old thrash?

Not much to metallica but definatly thrash. Slayer ftw!
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23