Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23

Author Topic: Where did you get your username/avatar?  (Read 16057 times)

Vicomt

• Bay Watcher
  • Just call me Vic.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Where did you get your username/avatar?
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2010, 11:37:10 am »

damnit , ninja'd

anyway, to show I'm, not just poasting.... here's the Lumberjack Song

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2010, 03:21:31 pm »

I do not hide behind pseudonyms.
Well you know what, I've been struck by sudden jolt of inspiration. The name's Ron. Like Ronald, but only Ron.

I forgot to add where I got my avatar. I drew it myself after using some silly pie images I found on google. The orange stuff is supposed to be Kamina shades, from when everyone was sticking those on their avatars.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2010, 03:59:34 pm »

Lame as it sounds, I wanted to blend in with the community quickly, so I just brought up the DF dictionary, and got something that sounded similar to a prior name/alias I had. In hindsight, I think I missed my target of similarity, but I think it's all for the better anyhow. Plus, I like how punny my dwarven name can be.

At least in some Steam games, I've thrown some people into some confusion when they try to call me out quickly, and others are too much into the game (or too young) to figure out that "Lol" or "Lolor" is a common way of calling me in a round. Sometimes works for the better I guess. It can also work for "Who's on First?" kind of moments when I'm part of a squad, and others are joking around, or I'm playing within the meme-fest Random level in Zombie Master.

The avatar? I found this pretty funny the first time I saw it on Futurama, and wanted an avatar of it for a good amount of time. Second to it being a shell-less Zoidberg enjoying the breeze (first we see of a shell-less Zoidberg).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 04:02:25 pm by Itnetlolor »

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2010, 09:46:48 pm »

Tk is made from my second and last initial. And Mr? Dunno, guess I grew up out of my old nick ZhannTk.

And the avatar is the avatar.
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2010, 10:59:52 pm »

I got my name when I was eight. I was trying to think of a name and my thought was like. "Hummm what sounds cool man. Something about death, I like death. Like a crypt, man ya. A fiend from a crypt. Cryptfiend. Cool... how do I spell that? I will ask my brother! 'Criptfeind' Ya that looks right."

Needless to say my entire family has dysgraphia.

I stick to it because the misspelling is like a calling card now and it is never ever taken. Sometimes I use plkmasdf though for a name. That was made just like qwerty. I pronounce it pickle-Ma-sofft, make sure to slur the f.

My avatar is because I needed a new one after the 'event' and I was starting a DnD game as a gambling wizard. Magic gambler + Google = My avatar.

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2010, 11:21:07 pm »

Once, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away,  my best friend at the time showed me the coolest online game ever.  It was called Tanx.  I needed a user name because my friend couldn't find me as a guest.  So being the super-creative genius I am, I came up with Xtank or xtank.  Either way, it was taken, so I added a number from 1 and tried it until I got xtank5.  Since then I've always used it.  It's grown on me and it's easy to remember.  :P 

As for my avatar, it used to be a stylized red "X" with a black out line.  Much later, one of my friends at school posted a picture of me on Facebook.  I rather liked it and decided to use it as my avatar.  However I don't really feel comfortable with having publicly available pictures of myself, so I modified it to be the basic colours with some details showing through.  I also added a beard, for alas, I have been truly beardless up to this point in my life.
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2010, 11:21:39 pm »

I got my name when I was eight. I was trying to think of a name and my thought was like. "Hummm what sounds cool man. Something about death, I like death. Like a crypt, man ya. A fiend from a crypt. Cryptfiend. Cool... how do I spell that? I will ask my brother! 'Criptfeind' Ya that looks right."

Needless to say my entire family has dysgraphia.

I stick to it because the misspelling is like a calling card now and it is never ever taken. Sometimes I use plkmasdf though for a name. That was made just like qwerty. I pronounce it pickle-Ma-sofft, make sure to slur the f.

My avatar is because I needed a new one after the 'event' and I was starting a DnD game as a gambling wizard. Magic gambler + Google = My avatar.
You thought of that when you were eight? What a nice child you were :P

And what is this "event" you speak of?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2010, 11:25:15 pm »

And what is this "event" you speak of?
"The event" is when CF was avatar cop-*THWUMP!*
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2010, 11:26:55 pm »

Well you know
That is how kids are
If there young

The event was very fun
But pact of silence I have
I say nothing to you

:P :P :P
 :P :P :P :P :P
 :P :P :P

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2010, 11:55:17 pm »

A smiley haiku. Impressive... sorta.

My username is... well, I have mo idea where I got it from, but I go by it more often than my real name.

And as for the avatar, who doesn't love Calvin and Hobbes?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2010, 11:56:51 pm »

I don't really keep track of forum shenanigans much, so I probably missed it. I almost missed the Kamina shades one, though that one only lasted for something like a couple of days. Shades on a dragon would look really bad anyway :P

(No, that is not a challenge, don't do it.)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2010, 12:17:44 am »

Nobody that is who
Everybody likes Calvin and Hobbes
I need shades very badly

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2010, 12:20:10 am »

The event was very fun
But pact of silence I have
I say nothing to you
Wait, isn't a haiku
Not
?
You're doing it wrong...
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2010, 12:21:19 am »

I believe any configuration of "n, n+2, n" is valid, it's just that 5,7,5 is the most common.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2010, 12:22:42 am »

Five seven five
Or even Three five three
He is right
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23