Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: Where did you get your username/avatar?  (Read 16052 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: Where did you get your username?
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2010, 01:19:38 pm »

Nilocy is my real name backwards with a Y attached.

First used Niloc on Runescape, it sounded really stupid. Added a Y, and it became awesome.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2010, 01:38:48 pm »

I thought of all the words I knew and the sounds they broke down into, and then picked out the sounds that suggested around the right thing of the time. It doesn't suggest the right thing anymore though.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2010, 01:47:43 pm »

Anyone on these forums should know where my name comes from.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2010, 02:20:30 pm »

"i" from a visuall similarity to my first initial "j"
"ceball" from the first 6 letters of my last name "Ceballos"
"3" for flavor

Randall Octagonapus

• Bay Watcher
  • We gota get some medicine for the computer machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2010, 02:25:20 pm »

Mine came from a utube Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3ZYF-Zmo2E
would you like a slice of one humped camel cheese or two humped camel cheese on that elf burger?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2010, 03:00:25 pm »

I used to make jokes about being "vector-like" in that my position was indistinguishable, but it was always easy to determine my magnitude and direction.

I also picked it for its similarity to "Victor," which I hoped would help me pretend to be a guy in the context of this forum.  As for why I did that... well, I was just screwing around, in the end.  I like mind games.  It actually had nothing to do with "girl on the internet syndrome."

Finally, I really, really suck at/hate linear algebra.  I also have a habit of superstition.  The hope was that naming myself after a linear algebra-related concept in some domain would bring the field to higher prevalence/importance in my self-image, and that as a result I might identify more with the field in general.  Didn't work.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2010, 03:08:08 pm »

DF's random Fortress namer.

I won't say what it means, as it's fairly rude, but a few of the older forumites already know.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2010, 03:17:13 pm »

Back when I used to play toribash, people would emote random crap. I was even more unimaginative back then than I am now, so when I finally joined the random emoters, all could think of was emoting "I Like Pie." I used that as a username for something like a month or two (That was I when I joined bay12), before going back to signing up with my older name (Which is "Roon<some_number>"). Lately though, I've been using Galumph everywhere, which I find more unique. It comes from Mr. Carroll's famous poem, Jabberwocky.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2010, 03:23:26 pm »

Mine is derived from my real name. No, my initials are not COF. It's actually more to do with the "meaning" of my name.

Berserker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2010, 03:43:07 pm »

Mine is from ADOM and berserkers look like K, so that's where I got my avatar.

Vicomt

• Bay Watcher
  • Just call me Vic.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2010, 04:19:36 pm »

Mine's a shortened form of the Vicomte de Valmont from the book Les Liasons dangereuses.
Shortened it a little as it felt a little pretentious to use in its entirety. Why?... it's complicated ;)

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2010, 04:34:52 pm »

I was trying to think of something absolutely absurdly random when I was attempting to make a yahoo account.

It was taken ):
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2010, 04:41:15 pm »

My name is taken from a character I created fifteen years ago as  the lead in a number of loosely related stories I wrote as assignments. My talent for writing being quite limited (although improving), I have not finished the storyline, although I know all that is to happen.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2010, 04:43:26 pm »

Perhaps we should expand this to avatars as well? This is rather narrow subject after all, and some people change their avatars a lot.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Where did you get your username/avatar?
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2010, 05:08:58 pm »

Old RTD Toonyboy ran. I brought it back to haunt him.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23