Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23

Author Topic: Where did you get your username/avatar?  (Read 16040 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Re: Where did you get your username/avatar?
« Reply #210 on: August 01, 2010, 03:11:03 pm »

I did a google search for 'Angry Bear'
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 01, 2010, 03:16:40 pm »

I kind of tought it out of nowhere, just like bombermonkey

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 01, 2010, 05:43:45 pm »

My name's pretty much a completely random combination of vowels that are collectively easily pronounceable. No deeper meaning to it, I didn't even realize the connection to viruses until several months after I chose it as my general screen name.

My avatar is just one of the fractals I've made over the years. I used to have another one, which was one of the first fractals I made, but I switched eventually (on this forum) because I got bored with it.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 01, 2010, 09:11:36 pm »

Avatar(s): http://www.youtube.com/user/ukinojoe

Username: I used to watch Survivor a lot, and my favourite character was a guy named Jervous. I decided to name all my usernames that. Then I realized, a while later, that my favourite character's name wasn't even Jervous and it was a totally different guy. OOPS

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 02, 2010, 10:33:58 am »

New avatar, from an old French advertisement for sausage. Anybody in North Carolina who eats barbecue is used to seeing all sorts of depictions of pigs which are seemingly delighted that you're going to consume their flesh--to the point of dousing themselves with sauce and/or sticking a fork in themselves. It's just one of those weird cultural things.

But Sausage Pig is so hardcore happy to be eaten, that he's committing seppuku with a butcher knife and his insides are MADE OF SAUSAGE.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 02, 2010, 10:53:28 am »

Ouch ... But surely, when he severs his sausage flavoured spine, he would be highly likely to lose the ability to chop further slices out of himself? Thus immediately negating the benefits of a self-butchering pig? Sounds like more trouble than it's worth (how many generations of selective breeding is that going to take?)

Or do you think I'm maybe over-thinking it slightly?

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 02, 2010, 10:59:51 am »

'Woose' is old english for an angry troll, coming from the word 'Wose' as in 'Forest Wose'. It also kind of looks like a derogatory name for a coward, but isn't pronounced that way. I think it sort of fits for a forum name. : D

Usually my avatar is a hung of cheese with a tophat, but I decided to be slightly less.... anthromorphic, and got my new avatar through a google search for "High Class Gentleman".

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 02, 2010, 06:35:21 pm »

Mine is just my last name, because I'm not very creative. And I don't have an avatar because I'm too lazy to find one.
 Though now that I consider it, man, that doesn't shine too well on me.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 02, 2010, 06:38:58 pm »

Use this.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 03, 2010, 03:30:29 am »

New avatar, from an old French advertisement for sausage. Anybody in North Carolina who eats barbecue is used to seeing all sorts of depictions of pigs which are seemingly delighted that you're going to consume their flesh--to the point of dousing themselves with sauce and/or sticking a fork in themselves. It's just one of those weird cultural things.

But Sausage Pig is so hardcore happy to be eaten, that he's committing seppuku with a butcher knife and his insides are MADE OF SAUSAGE.
I'd be suprised if you didn't get it from here: http://suicidefood.blogspot.com/
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 03, 2010, 03:38:39 am »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 03, 2010, 06:46:24 am »

I'd be suprised if you didn't get it from here: http://suicidefood.blogspot.com/

Actually, I didn't. It was a FOX news slideshow, of all things. It was a collection of vintage advertisements that just wouldn't fly these days. Most of it was because of sexism or things like "4 out of 5 doctors smoke Chesterfields!". But some of it was pure WTF, like the sausage ad.

It tickles me that Suicide Food has the logo from the BBQ joint that catered my wedding. But overall, I think whoever runs that site needs to lighten up a bit. Militant vegetarians make Baby Jesus cry.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 03, 2010, 07:01:24 am »

I told you dog

I told you about the stairs bro

Cody1750

• Bay Watcher
  • The Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 04, 2010, 12:04:56 am »

My avatar is from VG Cats.  My username is just my name with 1750 on the end that I use for everything.
Dieing is easy, living is the hard part.
Cacame Awemedinade, Elven Dwarf King, the universes awesomest elf ever.  Follower of The Way of Axe, Blood and Coal
If your armor was 50% as good as two other civs and 30% as good as a third, do you really think you'd do well in war? That'd be like trying to engage a rocket-launcher mounted Humvee with a pistol riding a tricycle.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 04, 2010, 12:33:46 am »

Hmm... seems I'm a bit late to the party.

Solifugids are desert arthropods, kinda like scorpions or spiders. I actually first learned about them while playing Revenant, and old Eidos game, though I never thought much of them.

Some years later, they came up in horror stories from a soldier friend in Iraq, and I did some research on them. From that, I learned that their name comes from the Latin "Sol" and "Fugos", meaning "Those who flee the Sun". I've lived a pretty nocturnal lifestyle since childhood, first with late night reading, then videogames, then the internet, and more recently with a few night jobs... so I thought the name fit, and that it was just pretentious enough. They're rather obscure, resilient, and a bit quirky (they clip fur from animals to make nests, and as the name suggests they chase people's shadows to stay out of sunlight), so they kinda work as a metaphore for my personality too.

As for the avatar, I've been keeping my eyes open for something that combined silliness, pixel art, and a general air of irreverence, and found that in the digital art of Daisuke Amaya (you might know him as the creator of Cave Story). The fact that it's a doofy-faced green cat doing a headstand just makes it better.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23