Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23

Author Topic: Where did you get your username/avatar?  (Read 16021 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Where did you get your username/avatar?
« on: July 27, 2010, 03:26:40 am »

So, where did you get your username?

A friend and I prank called Taco Bell and I disguised my voice by breathing in while I talked, saying that I was Taco Dan, and stating that I liked tacos. Half an hour later, we called them again multiple times and complained that mold was growing out of my ass after their tacos had given me extreme diarrhea. We also made some prank calls to his girlfriend's sister, whom he didn't like. Unfortunately, her father took them as threats of violence and called the police, explaining it wasn't fun.

How about you?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 04:50:21 pm by Taco Dan »
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: Where did you get your username?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 03:30:04 am »

I don't know. Frustration at not being able to think of a username, I think- though now I get paranoid when people say 'Blargh'
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 03:31:53 am »

Made it up myself.

No, really.

I just made it up myself. I don't really remember where I got the inspiration, if I even had any, but subconsciously I could have gotten some from the word "Terran".
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 03:40:00 am »

My sister made it up for me years ago.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 03:41:56 am »

It came from my inherent awesomeness.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 03:42:53 am »

Is it not obvious?
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 03:48:17 am »

Grue are omnipotent. There you have it.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 03:54:22 am »

<---- pretty obvious,right?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 04:05:21 am »

Dragon Quest VII, and the hours of my life lost trying to even find Metal Slimes so they could run away before I could kill them for their precious, precious EXP. 
For the uninformed:
In Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior games, you level up like every other RPG on the face of the Earth. But, about level 20 or so, the requirements for continued leveling scale up drasticly, to the point where bosses are the only foe giving decent amounts of EXP. With one exception. The Metal Slime. A varient of the Slime, the weakist enemy in most DQ/DW games, the Metal Slime and its varients give huge piles of EXP per kill. You might have to kill a hundred of the area's strongest regular enemy to match the EXP reward. But Metal Slimes are evil things. They have no more than a few hitpoints. And 999 Defence. And they have a single digit spawn chance. And they run from battle more often than they fight.

You can see how only a few hours of this kind of grinding can drive a man insane. Even more so when your only real way to beat the next boss is to go on a MetalSlimeHunt.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 04:18:44 am »

Drew a scrabble hand and found what I liked. It also apparantly can break down into 5 different sets of words in Japanese with no re-arranging.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Astramancer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 04:26:52 am »

I was making a lightning-themed mage and couldn't find the prefix for lightning- (i.e. geomancer for earth, hydramancer for water, ???mancer for lightning).

Well, I kept looking and kept looking, and found astraphobia was the fear of lightning, and so there ya go.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 04:32:41 am »

Tun-eh-mah

Tuna eh?  Mahhhh

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 04:34:01 am »

My first name.
and my middle inital.

Woo.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 04:36:18 am »

I'm in the same boat with Dr. Quin here. Joshua's my first name, and FH are my middle and last initial respectively.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 04:37:18 am »

High-five for uncreativeness.

My OTHER username used rarely is 'lolhead'...don't know where I came up with that...
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23