Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarfs will not make high boots - 31.12  (Read 566 times)

Kav

• Bay Watcher
  • b-C-w
    • View Profile
Dwarfs will not make high boots - 31.12
« on: July 26, 2010, 08:40:14 pm »

I noticed I couldn't find "steel high boot" on the job manager. Then I realized it was missing from the forge too. No leather high boots either. Were high boots taken out recently?

Quadricwan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfs will not make high boots - 31.12
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 09:28:43 pm »

Sometimes your civilization can't make high-boots, only low boots.  Go to the military equipment screen and see if you can include high boots as part of your uniform.  If it says 'foreign' next to them, you probably can't build them.

I don't think its a bug - but I could be wrong.
Why does life keep teaching me lessons I have no desire to learn?

Poot

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:haunting quacks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 09:59:04 pm »

Sometimes your civilization can't make high-boots, only low boots.  Go to the military equipment screen and see if you can include high boots as part of your uniform.  If it says 'foreign' next to them, you probably can't build them.

I don't think its a bug - but I could be wrong.

How odd.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 01:34:57 am »

It's obviously fashion. Dwarves, being of the firm belief that deeper is better, see "low" as superior to "high" - after all, everyone else has "high priest" and "high lord" and other silly "high" titles. As such, Dwarves sometimes choose to shove their stout build into everyone else's tall face (or midrift, as it would be) that they are low, and therefore superior.

As such, anything with the concept of "high" is simply forbidden in the culture. If you have no High Boots, well, your dwarves want to dig low, wearing their low boots.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 05:40:57 am »

It's obviously fashion. Dwarves, being of the firm belief that deeper is better, see "low" as superior to "high" - after all, everyone else has "high priest" and "high lord" and other silly "high" titles. As such, Dwarves sometimes choose to shove their stout build into everyone else's tall face (or midrift, as it would be) that they are low, and therefore superior.

As such, anything with the concept of "high" is simply forbidden in the culture. If you have no High Boots, well, your dwarves want to dig low, wearing their low boots.
So THAT is the reason why they hate the hippies Elves,they are always high!