Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69]

Author Topic: what tv shows are you currently watching?  (Read 125904 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: what tv shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #1020 on: July 19, 2024, 03:58:29 pm »

A show about restaurant shenanigans set in the sengoku jidai would be a pretty unique thing tho.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 20, 2024, 12:16:31 pm »

... deeply, deeply disappointed when checking to see what that was, that it was not actually a single show/movie/whatever titled "The Bear and the Shogun".

That sounds way more interesting than... whatever they actually are separate, and I'm not even sure whether playing it straight or using the slang term for bear would be better. Maybe both, sometimes bears can shapeshift into bears :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: July 20, 2024, 01:53:34 pm »

I tried watching the new Shogun. It ain't got a Toshiro Mifune in it, though.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: July 21, 2024, 04:46:16 pm »

Ok you know what? Seasons 1 and 2 were kind of...all right.  But Picard season 3?  I'm diggin' it.  Even though it is pandering to nostalgia... it's in the right way, you know?

I'm only on Episode 6 but

Spoiler: REAL SPOILER (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2024, 06:10:30 pm by McTraveller »
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 04, 2024, 12:11:40 am »

I watched The Acolyte on Disney+.

Something of a predictable show, both in terms of what happened in the series and where they wanted it to go in the future had it not been cancelled, but I at least liked that it dared to show that the Jedi weren’t infallible.

Bit sad in reading up about it there was heavy anti-woke criticism because the lead was not white and dared to use they/them pronouns, and the lead writer is LGBTQ+, but none of that actually showed up in the show itself so… it’s stupid.

It’s worth a watch I suppose.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: September 04, 2024, 02:08:00 pm »

Heh. The Acolyte is so... fan fiction. Star Wars fan fiction authors love this kind of stories with borderline villainous Jedi and sympathetic charismatic Dark Side users.

Awful writing, awful acting, adds nothing beneficial to the canon but lightsaber combats are flashy I guess. A pity. I was interested in this era but after this monumental failure Disney will likely won't revisit it any time soon and we are stuck in the Mandalorian era.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 08, 2024, 08:40:06 pm »

I just finished watching all four seasons of The Umbrella Academy.

In the moment-to-moment, there are a lot of interesting characters and world concepts. But when taken as a whole, it's just full of loose threads, plot holes, and inconsistent character traits. Also there are a lot of genuinely frustrating moments when the characters make decisions which just run completely contrary to all logical reasoning.

Quite the rough ride.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: September 08, 2024, 11:42:47 pm »

Finally started watching What We Do In The Shadows. I think I'm near the end of S2. I've really enjoyed it so far, it's sensible chuckles all day and Matt Berry is just fun to listen to, period.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: September 23, 2024, 01:47:20 am »

I finished catching up on the second season of The Rings of Power.

This is easily the most engaged I've ever been in Tolkien's universe. The lore around the Hobbits, Gandalf and the Orcs are all being expanded in ways that are actually interesting. But most importantly, we're finally learning about the titular 'Rings'; it's ridiculous that it took this long for a story about magic rings to actually introduce magic rings, but now it's finally happening!

I'm sure there are purists out there whining about how the show doesn't perfectly match the books or whatever, but as a super casual LOTR fan I am very much enjoying this latest entry into the series.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: September 23, 2024, 08:09:38 am »

Same here. its not obsessively lore aligned... but then again neither were the movies and it was no biggie.

And TBH: obsessive lore-match is not always good.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69]