Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Cosmic Supremacy - Free-to-play tick-based MMO4X  (Read 16433 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cosmic Supremacy - Free-to-play tick-based MMO4X
« Reply #150 on: August 13, 2010, 06:11:49 am »

Yay, 5th place. Still over 100k points behind Orb, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 13, 2010, 07:29:52 am »

Yay, 5th place. Still over 100k points behind Orb, though.

Dont know why, its not like I'm doing anything special. I thought I was a "high" tech person, till I slammed into The Don Bot.

Maybe its because most of my planets are geared towards production and im just pumping out ships, even if they are destroyed by a fleet orbiting above the next turn.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2010, 05:01:09 am »

Bump.

I'm pretty new to the game but it's amazing so far; comes the closest to satisfying my tastes. I mean, what other games have a 3D Galaxy Viewer in which you can see your dozens of ships and hundreds of militia units descend on neighboring planets? I just wished that it's population was bigger... Bigger population = Bigger/Varied galaxies.

Are there any games that come even remotely close to this? If you know one....please, please let me know...I'd love to play them between ticks!

In any case, I go by "XDarkz" there, currently playing on Galaxy 110 ;].

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2010, 05:02:20 am »

I mean, what other games have a 3D Galaxy Viewer in which you can see your dozens of ships and hundreds of militia units descend on neighboring planets?

Sword of the Stars

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2010, 05:03:31 am »

Free, that is :[. :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2010, 05:06:29 am »

Well its not free, but you can get the game and all three expansions here for 30 dollars.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2010, 06:57:50 am »

Wow, what I deal. Thank you man, I will look into it! :]

However, in the time being, some of you Bayers should consider checking out Cosmic Supremacy and forming a coalition. It's pretty awesome, with the sheer number of complex strategies and scenarios that can be employed in the midst of playing.

Check out some screenshots ;] with more Here!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2010, 07:26:44 am »

I tried it, I don't like the tick-based system.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2010, 07:30:43 am »

I got inactive.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2010, 07:34:21 am »

Mhmm..Those can get frustrating at times, but sure does save you the trouble of having to be online 24/7. There's always speed galaxies in which ticks/turns takes 2 minutes each :P.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2010, 07:44:01 am »

Mhmm..Those can get frustrating at times, but sure does save you the trouble of having to be online 24/7. There's always speed galaxies in which ticks/turns takes 2 minutes each :P.
You misunderstand. I prefer a game which I will not lose if I cannot get to the computer for two days.

I play a lot of asynchronous games, such as Civ 4 PBEM and Dominions 3.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2010, 07:59:54 am »

There's always governors and admirals for that. The scripting ability for them is pretty good, actually.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2010, 11:17:22 am »

The reason I'm getting kind of bored is that it doesnt require too little of my time, but at the same time doesnt require too much.

Basically, I'm at the noncomfort zone where I cant play it nonstop, or just let it go for a few days.

Its a great game and I love everything about it, but I'm just-not-having-much-fun. And thats what counts imo.

Never really liked TBS anyway.

/pointless opinion sharing.

[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 25, 2010, 02:21:02 pm »

The reason I'm getting kind of bored is that it doesnt require too little of my time, but at the same time doesnt require too much.

Basically, I'm at the noncomfort zone where I cant play it nonstop, or just let it go for a few days.

Its a great game and I love everything about it, but I'm just-not-having-much-fun. And thats what counts imo.

Never really liked TBS anyway.

I was feeling exactly the same way. It requires too little/too much attention for my taste: too little during summer vacations, too much during the semester.

However, I do like TBS games, single player games at least, where I have some control on turns duration. Tick-based has never been to my liking (and yet I keep trying each and everyone of them).

/pointless opinion sharing.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2010, 02:40:23 pm »

Yeah, I love asynchronous TBS games like those I mentioned before because I can log in any time I have time and take a turn.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12