Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Cosmic Supremacy - Free-to-play tick-based MMO4X  (Read 16468 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Cosmic Supremacy - Free-to-play tick-based MMO4X
« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2010, 08:35:25 am »

Sorry to hear that janekk, though you can queue your buildings, and research is never wasted.

You can have admirals auto assigned to new ships(I think).

I'm pretty sure if I spend an hour setting everything up with governers, I wouldn't have to log on again for 24 hours.

Oh, and ductape, thanks for saying that, I was concidering attacking you. Because I colored you red. :P

"Edit" Two things. One, the quantom engine isnt that much more powerful than equal space of fusions. You probably couldnt easally fit one into a shuttle(besides scout ones).

Second, I'm starting to get my fleet together. I might research bio-bombs, but I dont really want to take that rep hit for every bomb. However, I am constructing interceptors and bombers(unarmed ships dont participate in battle till all armed ships are destroyed, so why put anti ship weapons on them?). 25 speed with 270 light firepower. I'd say thats pretty good. Also, whenever I put things through the calculator, it seems that "vs" planet defences, that bombs dont do the 1/5 thing. So you only need enough firepower to take the planet defence out, all the rest can be put towards shielding.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 08:41:32 am by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2010, 08:40:42 am »

Yeah I know you can setup some crazy governors/admirals but to make them to play game by themselves you would have to spend hours and it still requires good knowledge of game mechanics. Its not bad game, its just isn't my cup of tea.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 01, 2010, 09:38:05 am »

I'm bailing out too. I can't log in regularly and generally I don't like tick based system since it takes away one of biggest features of TBS - absolute control. Its more like gimped real time. Governors sure are nice but they are limited to doing menial tasks, you still have to log in pretty often to stay competitive.

I am starting to feel the same way. I haven't decided to quit yet, but I doubt I will play until the galaxy's end.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 01, 2010, 10:31:31 am »

Oh what the hell? It's giving me a pop-up ingame.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2010, 01:16:12 pm »

Well, pazu and I are for the team galaxy.

We need two more or we wont make a full team.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2010, 01:56:08 pm »

"Edit" Two things. One, the quantom engine isnt that much more powerful than equal space of fusions.
If you have the deuterium for doing that en masse, more power to you.
Quantum engines use crystal and are considerably less expensive in that for the power.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 01, 2010, 02:51:27 pm »

"Edit" Two things. One, the quantom engine isnt that much more powerful than equal space of fusions.

Are you sure? If I give a shuttle 2 mass drivers, I can get it up to 50 with a quantum drive, while fusion drives get stuck at 36. That seems like some difference. Rerunning it wit corvettes yields a speed of 17 for 3 mass drivers and 2 quantum shields against 12.6 for fusion drives.

Also you can get a shuttle up to 70 with a quantum drive and 2 fusions, against 57 for only fusions.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 02:52:59 pm by Virex »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 01, 2010, 03:01:04 pm »

Hmm, well I was just basing it on thrust. Its still better by some.

Maybe the weight system works differantly than I thought.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2010, 03:13:16 pm »

Weight seems to only be partialy related to space. For example, if you take a certain amount of shields, it puts a heavier dent in the speed then the same volume of mass drivers.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2010, 07:10:26 am »

The speed formula is just the total thrust divided by the total units(the ship's HP). Though, I think you get diminishing effects from putting more engines.

EDIT: There is no diminishing amount of thrust from more engines. It's just the engines' HP add-on I was seeing.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 07:20:52 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 03, 2010, 10:25:49 am »

The speed formula is just the total thrust divided by the total units(the ship's HP). Though, I think you get diminishing effects from putting more engines.

EDIT: There is no diminishing amount of thrust from more engines. It's just the engines' HP add-on I was seeing.
Well, there must be something.  When I added a nuclear engine to one of my ships, it actually made it slower.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2010, 10:54:18 am »

I'm thinking that's because the thrust provided by the nuke engine isn't enough to compensate for the HP added from the larger engine.

A shuttle with one Quantum Engine(no other gear) has an HP of 65, thrust of 4450, and a speed of 68.5, which is equal to 4450/65 rounded up from the hundreths. Add a Nuke engine to that, you've added 5 units, for 70 HP total, and 270 thrust for 4720. 4720/70 is 67.4.

So yeah, trying to use up that last bit of space with a nuke engine can be detrimental.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2010, 03:58:58 pm »

Fun times, my new Gov went horribly wrong.  Planet starved.  I didn't log for +20 hours.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2010, 06:30:32 pm »

Fun times, my new Gov went horribly wrong.  Planet starved.  I didn't log for +20 hours.

The "have enough farmers to sustain planet population" is a really nice rule. :)

Also, who did the Don Bot declare war on?

"Edit" Oh, and Akura, jaybud, Virex, and I are planning a war. May start it tomorrow or in a few more days.

If you want in, msg me. Though, I think we are good enough. If your on the opposite side the galaxy, I recommend not bothering to msg me. Thanks. :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 06:32:56 pm by Orb »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2010, 07:43:51 am »

The "have enough farmers to sustain planet population" is a really nice rule. :)

Here is the kicker, its the first rule I put in, so it is at the top. 

Which means, the rules work in order from top to bottom.  At new turn, it first checks the "have enough farmers to sustain planet population"... then after it changes the farmers to X job.

I fixed that, I think, but havn't logged back in yet.  Maybe when I get back home and remember to.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12