Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Cosmic Supremacy - Free-to-play tick-based MMO4X  (Read 16444 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cosmic Supremacy - Free-to-play tick-based MMO4X
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2010, 06:18:43 pm »

And now that I've gotten past the starting phase...  I've got little clue what I'm doing now.

Hit the ground running full tilt only to lose steam a hundredth of the way.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2010, 06:35:35 pm »

And now that I've gotten past the starting phase...  I've got little clue what I'm doing now.

Hit the ground running full tilt only to lose steam a hundredth of the way.

Well, this is what im doing so far. Im researching new types of buildings, and at the same time building colony ships. Got my 50 speed scout out, and another colony ship is on its way to fully colonize my system. I got one colony in another system and plan to nab a 9 radioactive in another further system.

I have three techs, and the one im researching is defences. After that I'll start researching corvettes(which comes with the bonus of a factory).
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2010, 08:01:36 pm »

I knew I wasn't cut out for this.
I'm already falling behind.

...If you folks feel like not murdering me violently immediately, that'd be appreciated  ???

E: It doesn't help that the client is now crashing whenever I try to do anything.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2010, 08:29:28 pm »

I knew I wasn't cut out for this.
I'm already falling behind.

...If you folks feel like not murdering me violently immediately, that'd be appreciated  ???

E: It doesn't help that the client is now crashing whenever I try to do anything.

Don't worry, I'm more prone to murdering people that give bigger reps.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2010, 09:13:21 pm »

Goh, my increase in score is going to give me negetive reputation already to attack some people.

I should not be punished for exterminating the weak!  >:(

Even though I dont have a ship to do so.  :-\

Also, it seems i have all the ship resources within my grasp. Exotics is right next door(I hope to get that one quick), and there are two systems nearby with radioactives. If you guys need shipresources, I'd be willing to trade some for metal.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2010, 10:19:37 am »

You guys arent very talkative.

Also, I found Virex, hugehead, forsaken(who I plan to conquer  :-\), and Akura.

Oh, and alex. I have colored your empires accordingly. Though it seems I only saw a ship of Akura, not a system.

"Edit" Sent most of you treaties, with compensation. Also, I forgot to change the treaty length on your's Akura.

"Edit2" Oh yah, Pazuzu is going to completely own us. He has almost twice my score.

"Edit...again" So, what about our team on the multi? Anyone going to do that? Or am I the only one interested in horribly losing?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 11:11:33 am by Orb »

pazuzu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2010, 11:41:26 am »

I'm keen for the team galaxy, sounds good.

I wouldn't worry about me completely owning anyone,  I'm probably target number #1 atm.  I'm also next to the 2nd dude, and the 3rd dude on the list, so some shit will have to go down at some point, which should drain our economies and our rank on the boards.

All the players you mentioned i haven't met, so i'd say you guys are on the other side of the galaxy.

Also, not many people accept my treaty offers, so surely that means they plan an attack within the 50 turn peace offer.

My demands for tribute also seem to get ignored, which i guess translates to "We laugh at your empty threats!".

Edit - for me, only Seikyu would give any positive reputation for warring, and i'm quite enjoying the peace i have with him.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 11:46:44 am by pazuzu »

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2010, 11:50:36 am »

Also, I found Virex, hugehead, forsaken(who I plan to conquer  :-\ ), and Akura.

Oh, and alex. I have colored your empires accordingly. Though it seems I only saw a ship of Akura, not a system.

"Edit" Sent most of you treaties, with compensation. Also, I forgot to change the treaty length on your's Akura.

"Edit2" Oh yah, Pazuzu is going to completely own us. He has almost twice my score.

"Edit...again" So, what about our team on the multi? Anyone going to do that? Or am I the only one interested in horribly losing?

Accepted the treaty. The extra cash was not really necessary, bu I'll instruct my governors to spend it well. In the mean time I've been lagging behind a bit in expansion, but I do have a bunch of factories ready, meaning building a colony vessel only takes a few turns. Real combat-ready ships are still expensive though, but most of my frigates fall under the 10 turn mark.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 12:10:26 pm by Virex »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2010, 12:31:09 pm »

Also, I found Virex, hugehead, forsaken(who I plan to conquer  :-\ ), and Akura.

Accepted the treaty. The extra cash was not really necessary, bu I'll instruct my governors to spend it well. In the mean time I've been lagging behind a bit in expansion, but I do have a bunch of factories ready, meaning building a colony vessel only takes a few turns. Real combat-ready ships are still expensive though, but most of my frigates fall under the 10 turn mark.

Frigates? Wow, I only have corvettes. Planning on getting three differant techs before upgrading to frigates. I hear banking centers are real important.  :-\

"Edit" Due to sharing intel, I see where you are pazu. Also, fyi, I didnt know you were part of Bay12. ><

If we look at system 3/0/0 and call that "East", then most of us are in the Eastern half of the galaxy.

If you take system 5/1/3 as "north", then alex/seiku is NW from you, as you already know.

Basically, if we get a bunch of intel sharing treaties going, we can get most of the galaxy discovered. Actually, since I have like half the galaxy explored due to treaties, I'll just send you my intel. If you want an alliance, just propose it.

"Edit2" Headswe, are you still active?

"Edit3" Oh, I forgot to mention, Zangi is directly above Alex. So you should be able to find him quick.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 01:34:31 pm by Orb »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2010, 02:23:26 pm »

please oh please let my gov's do well while i sleep. I've double checked and triple checked those dudes, but i cant help but think i've programmed them poorly.

Considering your score so far, I'd have to say you did well on that. :-\
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2010, 03:46:22 pm »

Frigates? Wow, I only have corvettes. Planning on getting three differant techs before upgrading to frigates. I hear banking centers are real important.  :-\

"Edit" Due to sharing intel, I see where you are pazu. Also, fyi, I didnt know you were part of Bay12. ><

If we look at system 3/0/0 and call that "East", then most of us are in the Eastern half of the galaxy.

If you take system 5/1/3 as "north", then alex/seiku is NW from you, as you already know.

Basically, if we get a bunch of intel sharing treaties going, we can get most of the galaxy discovered. Actually, since I have like half the galaxy explored due to treaties, I'll just send you my intel. If you want an alliance, just propose it.

"Edit2" Headswe, are you still active?

"Edit3" Oh, I forgot to mention, Zangi is directly above Alex. So you should be able to find him quick.

Damnit I got things messed up, they're corvettes already, though they do have quantum drives :P
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 03:51:33 pm by Virex »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2010, 05:35:15 pm »

Someone already took the planets I wanted to take. QQ  They were damned good too.

My war machine has been delayed at least 30 turns because of that.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 05:38:26 pm by Zangi »

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2010, 10:55:40 pm »

OH BTW guys, I bought the premium membership for the game, I rather like it and I can afford it. I want to support the developer, he has done a nice job so far.

So when i cam eback into game 106, it allowed my to give my empire an alias, I changed it to Magus. So ya know.

I am interested in treaties with any of you, I am enjoying expanding and building up my planets and tech and just learning the game.
I got nothing

pazuzu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2010, 12:57:15 am »

please oh please let my gov's do well while i sleep. I've double checked and triple checked those dudes, but i cant help but think i've programmed them poorly.

Considering your score so far, I'd have to say you did well on that. :-\
Looks like i did OK on that front, but was still pretty daunting at the time, was about to go to bed and was just hoping for the next 8 hours my planets would take care of themselves.

I just read through the guides and wiki and winged it from there, and it turned out well.

I don't know if score has that much relevance though, for instance Virex has quantum engines at half my score, yet I'm still trudging the galactic wasteland with fusions, which costs me all my dueterium. My tech levels suffered a bit for my early expansionism, which may cost me any early battles.

Also i passed one guy's system, who is one third my score, and he's got a fleet with over ten shuttles in it. My main fleet is less than half that size by comparison. Though seeing that made me step up fleet production a bit.

But yeah, i'm gonna have to start paying for the game, it rules.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2010, 04:10:36 am »

I'm bailing out too. I can't log in regularly and generally I don't like tick based system since it takes away one of biggest features of TBS - absolute control. Its more like gimped real time. Governors sure are nice but they are limited to doing menial tasks, you still have to log in pretty often to stay competitive.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12