Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Cosmic Supremacy - Free-to-play tick-based MMO4X  (Read 16476 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Cosmic Supremacy - Free-to-play tick-based MMO4X
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2010, 11:12:07 am »

Thing is though, their rules there state that, essentially, every team has one of their "Counsil" [sic] members on it.
So if they still need four people, we'd either get split evenly amongst the existing teams or there'd be one person "on their own".

Correct, but I recall Huntress saying that if there were four teams, she would drop out(it was leaning towards three teams). So there would be one coucil opening left.

"Edit" But, I only skimmed the thread really, so I probably missed something.

Also, @ Ductape: Fusion bombs do tons of damage. Combat works in 1/5ths(I think), so 1/5th of your firepower is fired 5 times for one tick, meaning some ships wont do all their damage. Two fusion bombs can fit onto a shuttle, which brings a total of 1k damage, the HP of a light turret. But they have like 100 health, so 5 shuttles with 2 fusion bombs on each should destroy a light turret, or just about, if my math is correct. But then again, my math is probably off anyway. So you probably need frigates/corvettes to actually destroy a light turret economically.

"Edit2" Heres the quote im basing it on.

3) Captain

I'll help organize this and pick teams, with two conditions:
a) If we decide on 3 teams, or we get another volunteer, I'll bow out.
b) I can't do all the orginzational and training work required, so I'd need help.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 11:22:02 am by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2010, 11:26:28 am »

Unfortunately, by the time you get those double-fusion bomber shuttles from one system to another(they'd only be able to fit a single Fusion engine), your opponent will probably have built a few cheaper interceptor craft, which bombers have no defense against. And a single shuttle won't cut it against a Light PD turret, although that may change if you train your crew.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2010, 11:32:05 am »

Unfortunately, by the time you get those double-fusion bomber shuttles from one system to another(they'd only be able to fit a single Fusion engine), your opponent will probably have built a few cheaper interceptor craft, which bombers have no defense against. And a single shuttle won't cut it against a Light PD turret, although that may change if you train your crew.

Yah, I was actually thinking of taking that part out of my post. I was just saying evidence against my point.

Since fusion bombs are so heavy, to have an effective bomber you would probably need to wait till atleast frigates.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2010, 11:35:19 am »

Does anyone know if retired militaries become regular citizens?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2010, 11:41:35 am »

Does anyone know if retired militaries become regular citizens?

I'm pretty sure they do(unless your at the pop. cap). I'll have to double check on my newbie galaxy version. They would lose their exp., however.

Also:

Originally posted by Nongolf
Originally posted by Orb370
Alright, well I made a post on the thread at Bay12 forums.

Would it be possible to have our own team?

I suppose it would, but you'll have your backsides handed to you.  ;)

If you can handle such defeat, though, I don't see any reason why not, really. Well, the ones I see are inconsequential anyways.

So we can have our own team. I wouldnt mind losing, since I tend to actually learn a lot more from it(forces me to change my tactics and examine what the enemy did).

"Edit" So, the captain. Not really an important position, but we can give him an important position if we want. Final decision making and ect. I wouldnt mind being the captain, but I'd rather have someone like alex who has more experience.

"Edit2" Nope, I was wrong. Retiring military personal doesnt contribute to population. Should have thought so, it would be a pretty big exploit.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 11:45:43 am by Orb »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2010, 12:57:49 pm »

Originally posted by Nongolf

If you can handle such defeat, though, I don't see any reason why not, really. Well, the ones I see are inconsequential anyways.
Obviously, he's never played Dwarf Fortress before. ;)

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2010, 01:09:47 pm »

"Edit" So, the captain. Not really an important position, but we can give him an important position if we want. Final decision making and ect. I wouldnt mind being the captain, but I'd rather have someone like alex who has more experience.

I laughed reading this. I started playing the day before the starting this topic, my experience in galaxy 105 is so-so at best. Did I say I lost my main fleet? Did I add that I lost it stupidly? Anyway, I am not even sure I'll continue playing in 105/106 because I am totally addicted to Shores of Hazeron, so I won't be part of that team galaxy. Oh, and I won't even touch the subject of my complete inability to deal with anything related to responsabilities, leadership or decision making! Oh wait, I just... nevermind that last part. I didn't say a thing  :-X

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2010, 03:18:32 pm »

Dropped down a few places (damn you orb), but that'll fix itself as soon as you feel my frigates pound down on you  8)  (actually I'll still need to research some weapons but that's a detail)

pazuzu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2010, 03:27:32 pm »

Am i the only one in the galaxy buying resources off the market? Or does the price only change for the player who uses it?

Like, is metal worth 840 for you guys? or still 800? (the overview screen)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2010, 03:49:01 pm »

848 for me. I guess the market is galaxy-wide. Either someone is buying crystals, or the market gradually returns to normal, since I've been selling crystals, and price keeps going back.

pazuzu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2010, 03:53:56 pm »

cool beans, cheers for the confirmation.

I guess the the prices wont go below the minimums then if you selling crystal without change.

And selling crystal? i cant even find the stuff.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2010, 03:57:23 pm »

I guess the market is galaxy-wide.
Guys it was in tutorial  :P. Though I don't blame you. It certainly was tl;dr material. I barely got through that stuff.

EDIT: Is Seikyu from Bay12?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 05:06:21 pm by janekk »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2010, 05:22:44 pm »

Dropped down a few places (damn you orb), but that'll fix itself as soon as you feel my frigates pound down on you  8)  (actually I'll still need to research some weapons but that's a detail)

:)

Colonizing two worlds bumped my score.

Though, 5 worlds is starting to get harder to manage. :P

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2010, 05:47:30 pm »

EDIT: Is Seikyu from Bay12?

Nope, it's an hippie treehugger that doesn't even deserves death. Let him sulk and suck in his sorry part of the galaxy and forget he even exist. Oh wait, Seikyu you said? That would be me, as said in the first post :P

(edit: Btw, name is Seikyu)

I would probably be higher in ranks if I had more than 4 planets in my solar system. Closest planets for my 3 new colony ships are 17 turn away  >:(

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2010, 05:53:40 pm »

Nope, it's an hippie treehugger that doesn't even deserves death. Let him sulk and suck in his sorry part of the galaxy and forget he even exist.
Oh then I'm sending my invincible fleet right now to conquer his puny planets  ;D.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12