Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Cosmic Supremacy - Free-to-play tick-based MMO4X  (Read 16474 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cosmic Supremacy - Free-to-play tick-based MMO4X
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2010, 08:23:59 pm »

Workers are only useful when you are building stuff, otherwise they twiddle their thumbs. (I thnk)

I had set mine so after workers finish building stuff, they go to other jobs.  (That helped a bit with my #1 score I think.)

You can't really build stuff you havn't researched.  So send those workers to do other jobs...

1. You start with resources already, so can wait before doing mining. 
2. You don't need to amass gold and can set it so some of your guys change to bankers when you somehow run out.
3. Farmers make babies.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2010, 08:24:25 pm »

Better yet, uneeded Workers into Bankers. Normally, producing nothing(Piling-Up Wealth) is less efficient than Bankers. A good one is...
Code: [Select]
While currently no production
 - Convert a Worker to Banker.
If you want to convert some of them to miners so you're mining resources for your eventual fleet, add...
While number of Bankers is higher than 2
 - Convert a Banker to a Miner
This will limit you to two Bankers, but turns those extra Workers into Miners, if it's added to the first one.

If you wanted to automate turning them back to Workers...
While Current Production is [u]any facility
and while Current Production is any ship-design
and while Current Production is any scan
 - Convert a Banker to a Worker
While Current Production is any facility
and while Current Production is any ship-design
and while Current Production is [u]any scan
 - Convert a Miner to a Worker
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2010, 08:38:04 pm »

I'd rather have my workers produce anything other then gold at this point.  Maybe if I decide I want to use that money to rush buildings, but seems counter-productive.

Get gold to spend gold on faster build for X building?
Seems more useful, at this stage to work on other stuff... particularly making babies.

EDIT: I should let you all pass me.  I want to be the one attacking.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2010, 08:40:51 pm »

Hmm, decided to just have workers convert to farmers when they're not producing anything. Might have a tad population explosion, but thats fine. A few more farmers for a bit will help grow my military personal.

"Edit" Eh, decided to have them change to miners. You really dont start with much. Only for a few ships. Oh, and thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 08:50:28 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2010, 10:32:54 pm »

=/ I better not be #1 when I wake up...  Might have to gimp myself or something...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 10:38:14 pm by Zangi »

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2010, 11:59:18 pm »

oh i wouldn't let it go to your head so fast...

the difference in score between position 1 and position 25 is only 338 points out of the highest score of 4,348.

and you may be getting points now that re going to cost your essential growth that you need now to keep up with a rapidly expanding experienced player. All of the experienced players seem to agree that a very fast population growth and expansion lead to powerful positions early on.

more citizens = more colonies = more citizens = more food = more citizens = more military/miners/bankers/scientists/production or something like that. crank a planet up to max pop and then specialize it to its best use. rinse, repeat.
I got nothing

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2010, 06:20:13 am »

Yippee, I've discovered that I've started right next to the guy in first place!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2010, 08:34:22 am »

So, I found that my second closest system has crystals AND exotics.

Victory for  zim! Or whatever.

Nearest player has radioactives, hunting time.

Well, just radioactive 1. Might have to find another system. No need to waste resources on someone who only has metal.

Also, you can use credits to buy ship resources.

"Edit" Hmm, shuttles can barely carry a troop transport. Best I can churn it out is with 15 speed. I'd probably be better off expanding my economy and getting frigates. Plus, he probably has military personal already on his planets(to man ships), which would be pretty bad economic hit for me if I hit the wrong planet.

"Edit2" Welp, investing into a 50 speed scout, 20 is quite slow.

So, to kick up conversation, what are your guy's plans/ships?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 08:43:22 am by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2010, 08:51:43 am »

Just got cold fusion, and designed a fast fighter ship that runs on Deuterium rather than Radioactives, which is good since I have Deuterium and no Radioactives. Unfortunately it'll take 2-3 times the amount of time to build than other ships.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2010, 09:45:59 am »

I got 2 scouts with 36 speed scanning the galaxy and I am starting production of colony ships. I'll have universities soon (2 hours) and plan to aim for factories after. So I guess I'm following the peaceful way for now.

Since head posted about Shores of Hazeron, I've pretty much lost interest in CS however; the fact I just lost my main fleet in galaxy 105 also contributed  :-[

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2010, 09:48:17 am »

I just sent my first colony ship. Planet in different system but its big with good stats and whooping 23 metal. Also in same system there is planet with crystals so its good place to get a foothold. Next I will colonize 2 still empty planets in my system.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2010, 10:45:29 am »

I'm out, this doesn't look as interesting as I first thought.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2010, 10:56:03 am »

So, the people at the CS forum need some more players for that four team galaxy on the front page.

Its a premium galaxy, and they dont mind paying extra to fit us nonpremiums in. It would hardly be fair, but it doesnt seem like they're going to pull through with the current number of players.

http://cosmicsupremacy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=5686&threadview=0&hilight=&hilightuser=0&page=1

As of right now, they need exactly 4 players for the 4th team. Im not too fond of playing two galaxies, but it should start near the end of Galaxy 106, if its a typical galaxy.

Finely, due to game mechanics, they cant start us off in four teams in our own little corners, so there are some rules that you will have to follow, even though the game itself wont enforce it.

Rules as of now:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, anyone up to forming a Bay12 team and getting our butts kicked? At the very least, we would get to try out the premium features. Oh, and if you do sign up,  please make sure you will be active, they are paying for us to be in that galaxy, after all.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2010, 11:04:44 am »

Thing is though, their rules there state that, essentially, every team has one of their "Counsil" [sic] members on it.
So if they still need four people, we'd either get split evenly amongst the existing teams or there'd be one person "on their own".
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2010, 11:10:21 am »

fast conquest of neighbors is only going to work against newbs or in-actives. Basically a Light Cannon which is cheap and comes free on your HQ can do some decent damage. Forget trying to drop a puny fleet of 1 shuttle on a planet to take it. Not going to work under most conditions.

I got nothing
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12