Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Cosmic Supremacy - Free-to-play tick-based MMO4X  (Read 16469 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Cosmic Supremacy - Free-to-play tick-based MMO4X
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 09:17:43 am »

A 4.5MB download for something that requires 200MB of space. Either it downloads the rest or that is some damn good compression.
The only thing it puts in the game folder is the EXE, which is 7.7 MB...
I'm thinking the 200 MB is just to make sure you have enough space for the temporary galaxy data files (not the pass files) though if it's not permanently "allocated" to said files, I don't see how it helps.
How... visible is the client?
The client is just an EXE and a MIME association.
Thus it'll just be a few registry keys (for the uninstaller's sake, mostly), the executable wherever you chose to put it, and the association.
If you're paranoid about installing safe programs (?!) you can always use the standalone copy and just drag the .csgalaxy files onto it...

E: What is it with me and new pages?
I'm in on G106 once it starts.
You can guess my username, I'm sure.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 10:04:26 am by jaybud4 »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 09:41:54 am »

seems interesting, i did the tutorial and joined the galaxy 106 that is starting in a few days, will try it out.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 10:37:58 am »

In as Akura. My first system has two planets with 9 Radioactives, and one with 6 Deuterium. Good start or is that what everyone gets at first.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 10:55:27 am »

In as Akura. My first system has two planets with 9 Radioactives, and one with 6 Deuterium. Good start or is that what everyone gets at first.

Systems and planets are randomly generated except for the homeworlds. In galaxy 106, my starting system has 4 planets with metal (9/9/9/8) and only 1 with radiactives (7). Do you have only 4 planets or do you have others with metal? Because metal is by far the most important resource at the start and the homeworld is usually best used for research or ship construction.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 11:52:31 am »

One with 2, and one with 6 metal. Total of 6 planets, 3 with metal(including HW), 2 with radioactives, one with Deuterium.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 11:54:03 am »

If my memory serves me right, crystals are pretty rare. Probably one in every 30 planets. Or less. Metal is most commen, than deutrinum, radioactive, crystals, exotic.

My system only has metal and deutrinum(I really dont know how to spell that). So my ships are mostly going to be fusion powered, since I'll need radioactive for a nuclear drive. Atleast at the begining. Ill still need a scout ship.

Oh, and if we are going to make a dwarven alliance(hopefully not breaking the rules), we are going to need to list our coordinates so we can send scouts to eachother.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 12:00:19 pm »

I dont think its breaking the rules, there is a diplomacy screen. But I didnt read the TOS so I wouldnt know
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 12:06:59 pm »

I dont think its breaking the rules, there is a diplomacy screen. But I didnt read the TOS so I wouldnt know

TOS doesnt mention it at all.

What I mean is forming an alliance out of game so that you can beat everyone else. I dont know, thought they might have something against this, to prevent huge alliances before the game even starts. I mean, the max players is 22, and we already have atleast 6 Bay12ers in galaxy 106.

"Edit" Hmm, well, there can only be one winner. So the alliance would dissolve anyway. Maybe im just overthinking this, I dont even have 1 game under my belt.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 12:08:37 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 12:12:07 pm »

Just joined 106 and I have 4 of the ship materials, just dont have radioactives. :o
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2010, 12:17:52 pm »

My nation has been established in 106.

Question: The spare 'cargo' space...  on a Tutorial Scout ship... is 90.

Can I transport stuff with the Tutorial Scout ship cause of that or do I need to research something?

EDIT: I guess the other question is to colonize a 3rd planet already or explore...  Not a clue which is more beneficial... possibly colonization...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 10:25:09 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 01:22:16 pm »

This looks complicated. I think if I played this, I would lose and everyone would laugh at me and then I'd cry.

Is it hard? ;_;
Its not that hard, if you setup goveners it can take alot of the micro away.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 01:41:04 pm »

This looks complicated. I think if I played this, I would lose and everyone would laugh at me and then I'd cry.

Is it hard? ;_;
Any advice on that?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2010, 01:44:31 pm »

The Principality of Zeon has been established in 106.

Question: The spare 'cargo' space...  on a Tutorial Scout ship... is 90.

Can I transport stuff with the Tutorial Scout ship cause of that or do I need to research something?

EDIT: I guess the other question is to colonize a 3rd planet already or explore...  Not a clue which is more beneficial... possibly colonization...
Cargo space? There's no cargo to transport. That's simply the amount of space to put engines and stuff. The design is pretty much the same as MoO. The only thing you'd ever need(or could) to transport anywhere is military personnel. Doing that(at least for planet landings) requires researching Advanced Magnetism(available right off the bat) to get Troop Landers.

Is it hard? ;_;
Any advice on that?
If you know some of the basics of programming, it helps a lot.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2010, 02:34:13 pm »

Governers are rather easy(atleast at first glance). Only reasons why I havent made one is because I dont need one...yet.

If you know how to use Excel, than you can program governers. I mean, I barely know how to program, but the governers seem easy.

I could write a quick tutorial on how to use them. Of course, I should make my own governer first before touting that I know how....

"Edit" Oh, and a couple tid bits the tutorial doesnt explain. Units is your basic HP. Shields modify your "units". So 50% Shield increases your HP 50%. Cargo is just the space you have available. Production and food are planet based. Ship resources, money, and research are empire wide. You cant transport food. Trading with another empire is instant(atleast I think).

You guys should read the manual, the tutorial doesnt cover enough.  Manual can be found on the main website.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 02:37:42 pm by Orb »

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2010, 02:39:43 pm »

I started in a system with radioactive and crystals am i lucky?
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12