Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: A creature that drops something on death?...  (Read 4564 times)

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A creature that drops something on death?...
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2010, 08:37:10 am »

Probably best to stick to a masterwork item, unless you want a magic item purely for aesthetic value.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 08:42:48 am by OmnipotentGrue »

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2010, 08:41:02 am »

I know. It turns out that there are no magical weapons implemented.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2010, 02:34:24 pm »

[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:WOOD] is a bit odd. You might want to USE_PLANT_MAT:OAK:WOOD or something, that way there also wont be any 'treasure chest wood' in the stockpile menus.

As for making it immobile, you could just make it die. Give it an evaporating thougt organ or something. The name is going to be a bit odd (treasure chest corpse...)  but you would have to kill it anyway eventualy.

That or you could make it a hanted chest that bites your dwarves with its lid. Id see plenty dwarves falling for that one hehehe.

I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Lord Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2010, 02:48:33 pm »

You've set the SWIM_SPEED at 0. And since lower is faster, it moves incredibly quickly once dunked! And also, you won't need to worry about a 'treasure chest corpse', because when using the ITEMCORPSE tag, it replaces the corpse. So the best way to do this is probably to have it die as soon as it appears (good idea Grimlocke!), and then have its ITEMCORPSE as a 'chest', which can then be part of a reaction to get items. Also, just a little idea: one of the possible items you could get is:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hehe.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2010, 11:44:20 pm »

Wait...What!? Explode!? I'm no good with reactions. How would I make them get a weapon/armour/shield/anything and a bin out of a 'chest'?

Lord Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2010, 09:06:57 am »

Well, I think the reaction should look something like this (you'll need to add it to reaction_smelter.txt):

and then your creature would need this tag:

and then you would need to add this to item_toy.txt:

and finally to inorganic_stone_mineral.txt:

I think that should all work, but I'm not quite sure on the itemcorpse tag, that might not be quite right. And if you don't want my exploding rock to appear, then don't bother adding it to inorganic_stone_mineral.txt, and remove the [PRODUCT:5:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:EXPLODE] line from the reaction.  :P

What should happen is that when you kill the creature, it drops a 'magic chest', which at the smelter you can then turn into items. You have a 50% chance of getting a random weapon, a 50% chance of getting a random piece of armour, and a 50% chance of getting a random shield. And if you include the exploding rock, a 5% chance of getting that!

Lastly, I think I see another problem in your creature. For your wood tissue, you've got the material as: [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:WOOD], when it should look like this: [TISSUE_MATERIAL:PLANT:OAK:WOOD]. Having said that, I'm not quite sure on what the correct syntax should be exactly, but it should look something like that.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2010, 09:43:19 am »

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:A_FB_CHEST_ITEM]
[NAME:retrieve item from magic chest]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:A:1:TOY:ITEM_TOY_FB_CHEST:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:50:1:WEAPON:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:STEEL]
[PRODUCT:50:1:ARMOR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:STEEL]
[PRODUCT:50:1:SHIELD:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:STEEL]
[PRODUCT:20:1:SHIELD:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:SLADE]
[PRODUCT:5:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:EXPLODE]
[SKILL:COORDINATION]
slap this in the reactions other for lock breaking fun.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2010, 12:14:15 pm »

I should pitch in that you can have corpses produce items upon being butchered, including weapons and other fancy stuff. This would not only make the hassle of workshop/reaction/enity tag/toy item unneeded, but would also let adventurers get loot from the chests. You could even let the loot depend on some castes, like make an oak chest with weapons, a tower cap chest with jewels and a blood thorn chest that just explodes or produces noxious fumes.

Now I kind of want this thing.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2010, 02:02:08 pm »

That's what I said in the post #29. Probably my idea was phrased in a short sentence, thus it was not noticed.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]