Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Let's Play Suggestions Thread  (Read 3563 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: The Let's Play Suggestions Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 12:56:03 am »

On that note, all we need now is a challenges thread, and we'll be set. Like, for example a Doom berserker run. At least for E1.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 05:26:52 pm »

We should also get this sticky-ed As well as a challenges thread like you say Itnetlolor that way, we know what Lp's are currently available and what are wanted.

WE ALSO NEED GODHAND TO BE DONE. STAT.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 07:12:55 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 01:01:02 am »

I'm going to do Alpha Centauri soon, just need to reinstall it.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 05:18:10 am »

Actually, Roller Coaster Tycoon wouldn't be a very good game to LP. Most scenarios are too short for any user participation whatsoever, except the three-four year ones. I guess you could name guests after forumites?

Also voting for sticky!

United Forenia Forever!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 05:26:06 pm »

I second sticky.
Also, I'm thinking a Gran Turismo LP might be neat, if a bit heavy on the Role-Playing side of things.
And videos.
But it would require you to know how to and be able to patch your TV into your computer.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 08:27:59 pm »

Have fun with the Gran Turismo LP. I've had some good memories playing that game. One shining memory is having made the crazy-huge rally car you get in GT3 go wheelie for a good portion of the Test Track at over 300+ mph. Crazy-hard to maneuver, but still awesome to watch in a replay.

That aside, I had fun modding my dream car (Jaguar XKR). I had at least 3 or 4 different versions (color coded). Black+Spoiler was for drifting stunts (Trial Mountain is fun to do this in), Light blue was a standard car for casual driving, Silver+spoiler was a racer mod (balanced, and a decent Class-A threat in the right hands), and red+spoiler was made for top speeds (at the cost of maneuvering). Such a fun car to drive, and replays look classy too. Also helps that it's in the Ice category of Top Gear's "Wall of Cool Cars".

I've even seen that car IRL a few times up close. So pretty, and such a shame people don't use them for what they're built for. First learned of those awesome cars (and had the most fun with them) in the Need For Speed games. NFS: High Stakes if I'm not mistaken. On that note, let's add the Need For Speed Series to the list. Classic police outmaneuver technique: In the snowy forest level (I think it had town in it's name, I don't recall), especially if you're driving the track in reverse, there's a shortcut through some trees, or my favorite method of losing the cops, the hairpin turn, but not going along it, but off the top of the hill it goes around. Cue some Blues Brothers music.

Fortunately, I have myself a controller that should be compatible with the game, and the original CD. Though, considering it's age, I might as well seek an ISO to replace it, seeing as if it has a CD-Key, I still have it. Hell, I might just install it and see if it still plays. I don't know if I'll be able to LP it, but it's nice to know I still have the game.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 08:33:26 pm by Itnetlolor »

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2010, 08:46:47 am »

Hey, could you add Sim City and sequels to the request list? There's an open-source release of Sim City 1 called Micropolis, in case anyone's interested.

United Forenia Forever!

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2010, 12:46:26 pm »

I'm away from the computer at the moment, but I'll try to get some of those games that have been listed up later today.

I'm personally going to add Nethack, Crawl Stone Soup, and ADOM to the list.

A challenges thread would be awesome, bu I think I've got enough going on with this thread. Someone else could certainly start one. :)

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2010, 09:08:42 pm »

I should start another Let's Play.

HE HE HE

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2010, 02:07:22 pm »

Yeah.

I totally am not ignoring this thread.

Updated the status of the Aquaria Let's Play, since Myroc just dumped a huge update into it. Way to go!

I should start another Let's Play.

HE HE HE

Don't even joke about that.

Just don't.

;D

*Sneaks out before anyone realises he was even there...*

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2010, 02:18:03 pm »

Right.

Now is probably the time to place bets for the date of the next update. :P
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

runiq

• Bay Watcher
  • Jabber: runiq at draugr dot de
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art account.
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2010, 02:53:44 pm »

I’d like to see an LP of Metroid Fusion. It has its moments.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2010, 03:31:02 pm »

I’d like to see an LP of Metroid Fusion. It has its moments.

speaking of metroid, i played halfway through super metroid, wouldn't mind reading a LP of that.

Also I've been referred to from someone else's post! I'm internet famous now! Thanks for the plug Rickvoid.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2010, 06:37:51 am »

Shores of Hazeron, the LP author playing an empire leader, readers participating by telling how to build up the first city and how to manage the empire and what not while actual players joining in-game can have first hand participation.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter
Pages: 1 [2]