Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Legendary Platinum Axe  (Read 3632 times)

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary Platinum Axe
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 07:41:51 am »

I believe it's very good on anything unamoured, taking into account accuracy bonus. It should easily slice clowns into 5-7 pieces with a single slice
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Vamyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 06:51:39 pm »

Its for one of those times you fort is invaded by a bunch of stealing mountain gnomes.

Victuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 07:12:00 pm »

If only it was a platinum warhammer whip..
fixed

Whips are awesome, but still I have no idea how are whips made out of metal supposed to work...

I mean I get the idea of a whip made out of cotton candy since it's a material so powerful you can create anything in any shape or form out of it. But still. Whip made out of platinum sounds just like a big metal stick with a pointy end... Not really much in a way of "whipping" :P
I once flung a migrant off a bridge. He collided with the brook cliff and died.
A year later, my legendary engraver engraved him colliding with an obstacle and dying.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 07:23:46 pm »

There are combat whips made out of metal irl; you can order them online. And they really are pretty frighting; you could tear up an engine block with one.

As for the platinum axe and steel mace, the artifact bonuses to hit and damage may more than offset the weapon/material match. I have a warrior using an artifact bronze warhammer quite effectively, but he's also an elite wrestler with their superior physical stats to make pretty much any weapon effective.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 08:26:24 pm »

I would imagine that a metal whip is a series of metal joints attached to each other by small, flexible joints. A chain whip, basically.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Victuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 10:31:46 am »

I would imagine that a metal whip is a series of metal joints attached to each other by small, flexible joints. A chain whip, basically.

Yeah I guess...

Still my messed up imagination can only come up with pictures of glowing red "bendy" steel for pure metal whips.
I once flung a migrant off a bridge. He collided with the brook cliff and died.
A year later, my legendary engraver engraved him colliding with an obstacle and dying.

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 12:44:57 pm »

A real combat whip can be seen in a video here, though it's not a particularly jawdropping display, and certainly doesn't hold the effectiveness against plate armor that DF's whips do...

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 01:17:22 pm »

Hm, "disarming" she said. If this ever gets an accurate re-balance, it should still be good for that.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 01:48:00 pm »

Hm, "disarming" she said. If this ever gets an accurate re-balance, it should still be good for that.

Especially since aimed attacks are going to be implemented, and it should be good at reaching hands.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 02:06:50 pm »

A real combat whip can be seen in a video here, though it's not a particularly jawdropping display, and certainly doesn't hold the effectiveness against plate armor that DF's whips do...

If that whip were made out The Special Metal, she'd probably end up cutting herself in half when attempting to wrap it around her torso~
Pages: 1 [2]