Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dystopian Rhetoric (or other) graphics sets in 2010?  (Read 1070 times)

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dystopian Rhetoric (or other) graphics sets in 2010?
« on: July 26, 2010, 01:19:24 am »

When I first started playing DF I used the Dystopian Rhetoric ezpack with D.R. graphics and Guybrush tileset. In 2010 I tried using those same display settings but it didn't work - I think because the DR graphics haven't been updated for the new version. Is there any way I could get these graphics working in DF2010? I'm using the Mike Mayday graphics now and while nothing's wrong with them, I don't think I'll ever be able to truly get used to graphics other than the ones I started playing with.

Although I do really like the diagonal walls thing...I'll have to see about keeping a tileset that has those.
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

DDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Frogatto
Re: Dystopian Rhetoric (or other) graphics sets in 2010?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 11:56:41 am »

One could always go with a http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Tileset_repository tileset for the walls, if the graphics set isn't working. Those seem pretty much ageless. :)
Il Palazzo: "Urist, quick, grab your ax! There's a troll rampaging through the decimal conversion chambers!"
melomel: DF is like OCD candy, isn't it? existent: No, DF is like the stranger in the trench coat offering the candy.

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 08:47:46 am »

Hm. While I'd like to go back to that tileset, I'd still like to keep the diagonal walls that are in the Mayday set. Given that I have no clue how this stuff works, is there any way I could set this up myself without being even a Dabbling Programmer?
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 09:28:30 pm »

use an image editing program like paint.NET or GIMP or whatever else like photoshop to place the tiles you want ontop of the correct locations

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 10:50:41 pm »

My graphics set(see sig) was based off of DR's since his wasn't updating much, and is made for df2010.