Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Real Lives 2010  (Read 26412 times)

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
Re: Real Lives 2010
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2010, 03:47:52 pm »

Seriously, having your own business in 2010 version needs to be nerfed like crazy. I went from 11 year old primary school drop-out to Auto-repair Mogul. All in 20 years.

EDIT: Also, it seems if you adopt an older child in Ireland, they are ALWAYS named Francisco.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 03:55:43 pm by Calhoun »
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2010, 03:57:23 pm »

Seriously, having your own business in 2010 version needs to be nerfed like crazy. I went from 11 year old primary school drop-out to Auto-repair Mogul. All in 20 years.
Nah after all its very accurate simulation. I'm thinking we all should drop any school/job we have now and start our own businesses. We'll be all multi billionaires in no time! Then we will donate all our moneys to Toady!

More seriously its sounds fun but for 5 minutes and flash game. Maybe I'm biased since I haven't even tried it but it doesn't sound too exciting.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2010, 04:11:25 pm »

It's not too exciting at all. I certainly wouldn't pay for this.

I'm now making 100,000,000 euros a year. Also, apparently EVERYONE in Ireland is named Francisco!
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2010, 04:15:33 pm »

It's an edumacational "game".
You're not meant to pay for it, a school is.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2010, 04:21:05 pm »

I don't think it's very useful as an educational tool either. Also, Edutainment doesn't HAVE to be bad.

Do I go for it?

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2010, 04:26:21 pm »

Do I go for it?
Do it, its only 1.7 billion, what could go wrong? :D
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2010, 04:30:34 pm »

Well, You win some, you lose some.

Fortunately that was only half of my entire net wealth.

UNFORTUNATELY i was just injured and am now unable to run my business. I guess I was the sole employee at my mutli-million dollar business.

So I now have 1.7 billion to live off of, with a monthly expenses of 5 million.

EDIT: Or not, I guess it was just for that year. Cool Beans.

EDIT2:

I keep getting told I am unable to work, but making money anyways. Also, the best burgles ever burgled me:

EDIT3:
I have terrible friends now they want:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 04:36:16 pm by Calhoun »

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2010, 07:33:50 pm »

I'm imagining a man with a money robe, house,  and tissues. I remember investing in high risk stocks and having a bajillion kids in previous versions.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2010, 07:54:52 pm »

I was a woman, but I figured the only way to properly attempt to squander my wealth was to have a bunch of kids. I still made far to much money for it to have a problem.

I died not too long ago.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Like I said, everyone in Ireland is named Francisco. I only had one biological kid.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 07:57:24 pm by Calhoun »

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2010, 07:56:31 pm »

7 Francisco's :o
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2010, 08:15:06 pm »

Okay, that made me laugh way more then it should have.
Ahahahahah.
"her daughter Francisco, her daughter Francisco, her daughter Francisco"
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2010, 08:49:11 pm »

Okay, that made me laugh way more then it should have.
Ahahahahah.
"her daughter Francisco, her daughter Francisco, her daughter Francisco"

HEY! You forgot Francisco! Apologize! She's right next to Francisco.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2010, 06:58:02 pm »

For some reason, my windows thing is not compatible with RL2010.

I attempted to play, while switching desktop themes back and forth for 20-30 minutes.   I've stopped now.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]