Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Real Lives 2010  (Read 26424 times)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
Re: Real Lives 2010
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2010, 12:25:52 am »

This game is a great bit of perspective for some people, seeing how the other 90 percent live on some level anyway. Far from perfect but then what is?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2010, 12:27:38 am »

I am interested....might take a look.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2010, 01:40:19 am »

So, general discussion thread! In my current game I was born in the U.S, and at age 25 or so have a fuckhuge family, at least on my ingame Father and Mother's side. Seriously, like 7 kids. But on to the point, the weird thing is I got a degree in physics and theres no jobs to choose from. Any idaes?

Remember when I asked about your character's religion?  That is the answer to your question.  No birth control.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2010, 02:32:00 am »

The game is a bit too rough in certain aspects. To the point it's ridiculous. I remember I deleted 2004 because it did some extremely unrealistic things in brazil and I facepalmed over and over. Then I rerolled and it did the same thing. Not sure about 2010, but yeah. *shrugs*

It's waaaay closer to fatal than reality and that's coming from a guy who lived in Rio.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2010, 02:35:56 am »

I don't really like when the game keeps asking me if I want to invest in something or increase my spending, since I'm saving to get the hell out of Pakistan and to somewhere less horrible
Hello Hunam

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2010, 03:12:50 am »

Y'know, for all the people saying X2 was kinda dumb not putting a link or website or anything in the OP, I don't see anyone else posting a link.

So, anyone got a link?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2010, 03:33:11 am »

Y'know, for all the people saying X2 was kinda dumb not putting a link or website or anything in the OP, I don't see anyone else posting a link.

So, anyone got a link?
http://www.educationalsimulations.com/products.html

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2010, 07:28:43 am »

The economoics are kind of screwy in this game.  After graduating from college with a degree in pre-law, I started an accounting company which made me a net profit of 60 billion euros.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2010, 07:48:53 am »

60 billion? LOL

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2010, 08:11:55 am »

I just downloaded the trial, it gives me three lives. So I started it up.

Then I died from Aspyxia at childbirth.

1 down, 2 to go.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2010, 08:30:49 am »

Great you know how i started? A gifted musician in an untouhcable caste farmers family in india...
how i ended?
Owner of a piano tuning and repair buisness with about 4.000.000 pounds o cash, 5 cars, 3 televisions and syphillis...im still palying at the moment...

Edit: interesting how you can get a millionaire in Great Britain by illegaly immigrating...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 08:34:02 am by Ghazkull »

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2010, 09:56:13 am »

I think some things could be made more realistic pretty easily, like not being able to illegally immigrate to a country and immediately get a job as Customs Official and Police Chief. Also, I found myself very annoyed last game that I couldn't kick my children out of the house when I had 6 children, all with college degrees and above the age of 30 lounging around in my house smoking and getting addicted to drugs. Man, there should be at least some concept of control over your children so long as they're in your house, this makes me not want to have children.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2010, 09:58:16 am »

I wanted to be able to beat my wife.  Just to see what happens, you know?
Shoes...

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2010, 10:02:15 am »

I wanted to be able to beat my wife.  Just to see what happens, you know?
Yeah, me too. Social/Political activism also always seems to be pro-human rights, why can't I be a radical anti-western guy? I want to join Al Qaeda or something.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2010, 10:14:18 am »

Yeah, that too.  It seems like my only choices are being executed by the state for being a strong-willed crusader for human rights, or living a boring life to the age of 70.

That's also weird.  Despite living in makeshift cardboard shacks in Southeast Asia with no running water, healthcare, or proper food, I always seem to live to be at least 70.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6