Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.12 Released  (Read 75104 times)

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.12 Released
« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2010, 10:13:02 am »

Long time playing DF and decided to update. Just wanted to say good work. New interface is much more laptop frienndly and game runs much more smoother thna previous one.

My only complain is that I can no longer make omelet with my computer after playing DF.
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2010, 07:12:32 am »

When will the bugfixes continue? Been a long time since the release of .12 ???
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2010, 08:21:58 am »

When will the bugfixes continue? Been a long time since the release of .12 ???

Well if his monthly announcement had any meaning...

Quote from: Toady One
This month we'll be starting up on one of the more nebulous development items, which is entity populations.  The basic idea is to have more numerous intelligent civilized critters with a bit less history for most individuals.  The increased population should immediately lead to a much greater sprawl of civilized critters on the world map around their previously isolated towns, and the new site framework there should also give us adventurer-made sites in short order, so that you'd be able to, say, make a wall and have it waiting for you upon your return.  There are a number of other dev page items which will rely on entity pops later on, in both modes.  I'll also be fixing up more bugs, though I haven't decided on where I'll be focusing yet.

It sounds like his main focus will be on working on the getting the entity population features along with the sprawls up and running. This will probably take a bit of time. Especially if the most recent report meant anything since we now have smaller villages made up of farms outside the main city. He'll likely be visiting the areas to see if they look like how they should in adventure mode or DF mode of whatever. Who knows what else he's planning to add in these sprawls. We will have to wait and see. But once that's done, then he'll turn to fixing more bugs.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2010, 02:28:10 pm »

Had an interesting experience, which is probably a symptom of one or more bugs, but I don't really think I have enough detail to write a good bug report for it.

One of my dwarfs made an artifact bow (not crossbow).  One of my hunters decided to equip it.  Call this Hunter 1.  Hunter 1 then proceeded to fill her quiver with bolts.  Result: no hunting.  OK, fine -- assign her some other labors and let her carry the stuff around unused.

Hunter 2 grabbed a bronze crossbow, a quiver and some bolts, and hunted normally for a while.

At some point I got curious -- I wanted to see what would happen if I assigned arrows to the hunter pseudo-squad.  When the elves came, I bought 2 stacks of 25 wooden arrows.  I assigned 50 arrows to the hunters (not specifying material).  Hunter 1 did not grab arrows -- she kept her quiver full of bolts.

Hunter 2, on the other hand, eventually ran out of bolts and then stocked his quiver full of arrows.  While still wearing the crossbow.  Result: no hunting.

I tried dumping the arrows in a garbage zone, but that didn't help (he just kept an empty quiver).  I tried removing the arrows from the hunters via the military screen.  That also didn't help.  He was dead set on using those arrows, or nothing.

Finally I decided to destroy them utterly.  I set up a bridge, a lever, a door.  I smashed the arrows into nothingness.  Result: Hunter 2 grabbed bolts and started hunting again.  Hurrah!
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2010, 02:43:48 pm »

It is this bug:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=1374

For now don't make squads with both crossbowdwarves and bowdwarves, also don't mix hunters.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Bartleby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2010, 01:24:06 am »

Another crossbow related Bug should be an easy fix:
The Flags T and C for Bolts in the Military screen do not work atm. Dwarves use precious metal bolts for training and shoot the enemies with wooden ones. Also why is the process of check marking assigned bolts so slow ?

izraqthedark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2010, 10:25:00 pm »

So I finally fixed that caps bug problem I was having.  I figured out it was my firewall blocking a DLL... watch out what DLLs you block lol.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2010, 11:52:35 pm »

Wasn't Trainaxe Woodcutters fixed in this set or the last???
And what about the fact that Soldiers don't keep what they equipped on when they go off duty but it says to have Over Clothing...
Or some Military Dumping all their Civie Clothing to put on their Armour and stuff.

Could have sworn I read that that had been fixed...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2010, 08:28:29 am »

So I finally fixed that caps bug problem I was having.  I figured out it was my firewall blocking a DLL... watch out what DLLs you block lol.

??? how does that work.

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2010, 08:43:05 am »

Interesting updates lately! Why are the garden tiles around the cottages grey though? This puzzles me greatly :P
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2010, 03:53:44 pm »

Fortress mode embark is always 1 Granite, so I'm guessing they haven't been planted due to being winter.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 14, 2010, 12:50:23 pm »

And they may be build on black sand or something.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2010, 04:38:52 pm »

Ah, that's probably it. Thanks you two! :D (Offtopic: Heph, I'm glad you put that in your sig. I might've never seen that vid if you didn't)
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2010, 09:59:05 am »

OT: All credit goes to Wikileaks  ;) . Knowledge and the Truth should be open to everyone in my opinion and wikileaks provides some of the later.

((Disclaimer: I hope i didnt break any forum rules by linking to wikileaks and if i did it was unintentionally.))
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

izraqthedark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2010, 02:51:07 pm »

??? how does that work.

Very carefully... Comodo was blocking something I found out a bit too late
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12