Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32

Author Topic: Dwarf Foreman 0.7.2 - Tool to automatically dispatch jobs to your workers  (Read 112938 times)

iTreefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think it does!

Here too! Thanks a lot!

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How can we add additional items to this? was just trying it out on my current fort and wanted to see if my military actually had backpacks and waterskins as it's a nightmare to check each one.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How can we add additional items to this? was just trying it out on my current fort and wanted to see if my military actually had backpacks and waterskins as it's a nightmare to check each one.
You have to edit the dfjobs.xml file.

I'm working on a little tutorial and I'm trying to automatically generate the list of the built-in jobs.

For now I can give you these:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Let me know if they work.

The dfjob types are taken from the df-structures of df-hack:

the item types are (also from df-structures)

also, read the readme.txt file in the dwarf foreman folder
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 06:12:32 am by Shishimaru »

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cheerrs, and I had to remove the comment line <!-- for it to work btw. And i think the way the game reports backpack/waterskin usage(ie it doesn't ;p ) means this won't work as expected, except to have a certain total number of items in the whole fort. If only the stocks screen actually had a different colour or some way to indicate what was "in use" it'd be so much easier.

And just to note there was no readme.txt in the archives you posted?

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cheerrs, and I had to remove the comment line <!-- for it to work btw. And i think the way the game reports backpack/waterskin usage(ie it doesn't ;p ) means this won't work as expected, except to have a certain total number of items in the whole fort. If only the stocks screen actually had a different colour or some way to indicate what was "in use" it'd be so much easier.

And just to note there was no readme.txt in the archives you posted?
I must stop to post when I am already sleeping...

I forgot to close the comment lines on the jobs I posted  (now I have edited my previous post) and to include the readme.txt in the last archive.

Here is the readme.txt (it is not updated yet):

The whole point of dwarf foreman is to give you the possibility to set how many available items you want to have at any given time, so dwarf foreman displays only available items (not owned or tasked or dumped).
If you think it coud be useful I can add in the next version a total number of items and the subtotals (owned, available, other)

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's my point, DF doesn't report that for BPs, it just shows a number, whether they are in use or not it doesn't show for whatever reason so foreman shows there as being xx free when in fact they are all used up.

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's my point, DF doesn't report that for BPs, it just shows a number, whether they are in use or not it doesn't show for whatever reason so foreman shows there as being xx free when in fact they are all used up.
Sorry, I misunderstood your previous post.

I think that the problem is that the backpacks are equipped but not owned.
Nope, I tested it and the equipped backpacks didn't show themselves in dwarf foreman.
Can you please upload a save so I can check why the backpacks count didn't work for you?

Forget that, I found the bug. I will fix this in the next version.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 08:15:14 am by Shishimaru »

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New version uploaded: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6462

Version 0.7.7
  • fixed some errors in the offsets
  • added the item_category attribute to the dfjob tag (needed for the "EncrustWith" jobs)
  • added some new jobs
  • now you can specify a multilevel category for the jobs (see the jeweler jobs for an example of how this works)
  • fixed the item count for equipped items

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cool beans! i will check this out later after the footy...or maybe tomorrow.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seems to pickup backpacks spare as i'd expect it atm, although i have 4 in my sp but it says 5, but that other 1 could be anywhere with the new hauling system mixing things up.
Bins seem to miss calc though? in stocks screen: 1147 bins, in foreman: 18 current, 244 source?

And DF has a nasty habbit of crashing on save and load when foreman is running sometimes, i'm guessing a "tick" can hit at the wrong time and boom it crashes.

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seems to pickup backpacks spare as i'd expect it atm, although i have 4 in my sp but it says 5, but that other 1 could be anywhere with the new hauling system mixing things up.
Bins seem to miss calc though? in stocks screen: 1147 bins, in foreman: 18 current, 244 source?
Dwarf foreman counts only empty bins.

And DF has a nasty habbit of crashing on save and load when foreman is running sometimes, i'm guessing a "tick" can hit at the wrong time and boom it crashes.
Yes, this was a problem in the original version too. From the original author:
You must load this program after you load your world and close it before you save.
Anyway I'll see if I can find a way to check the status of Dwarf Fortress and pause dwarf foreman during save/load

SecondBreakfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, I've just picked this up and have been mucking around in an attempt to automate my farming industries. Can anyone tell me why:

Isn't sending any jobs to the workshop? Foreman is recognizing it's a job and knows it has to use pig tails but isn't sending any orders.

edit: After sending some manual process orders and stocking up some thread it's also recognising how much thread is there, so it knows what it has to use and what needs to be made, but the order isn't going through.

edit2: Working now! Just had to change material="all" in item type. So if you want that to automate pig tail processing just copy

into dfjobs!

I am now a video game developer. Go me.

edit3: Whaddaya know, processing quarry bush leaves also works!

I'm going to stop editing this post now, it's getting silly. Is it at all useful me posting these when they work or is this stuff all handled?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 11:52:57 am by SecondBreakfast »

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it at all useful me posting these when they work or is this stuff all handled?

It's very useful. I will add these jobs to the dfjobs.xml in the next release. Thank you.

Just one small correction, in the pig tail processing job use material="organic" instead of material="all". If you use "all" as material dwarf foreman will count the animal based thread, too.

EDIT: another correction: the quarry bush processing needs also bags, so we can use the sourceand tag to specify this:

« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 01:19:10 pm by Shishimaru »

SecondBreakfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah ace, thanks. As you can tell I'm pretty much just mashing buttons till something works! I'll post any more I add.

SecondBreakfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello again! The entry for soapmaking wasn't working so I played around with it a bit. This:

Seems to be working fine now.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32