Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32

Author Topic: Dwarf Foreman 0.7.2 - Tool to automatically dispatch jobs to your workers  (Read 112934 times)

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sometimes under Windows you need to "run as administrator" a program even if you are logged in as administrator.

I know it doesn't make any sense, but it is Windows!

The only time that may happen is if people think they are in the "administrators" group when they really aren't, and the only reason they'll have a "run as administrator" option is if they aren't in that group.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sometimes under Windows you need to "run as administrator" a program even if you are logged in as administrator.

The only time that may happen is if people think they are in the "administrators" group when they really aren't, and the only reason they'll have a "run as administrator" option is if they aren't in that group.
In my experience this is not true, at least for Vista and 7

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are times that people are actually called administrator and yet are not actually administrators. Especially in earlier versions of windows. I wonder if all the problems are people with xp? I guess we'll find out when Intrinsic tries it in win7.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Works fine on Win7, i tested Foreman on another XP machine and that didn't work either. Never tried Foreman before so tested it(both your versions) with 31.25 and still no joy.
As a test i downloaded the original Foreman and that works with 31.25, but not 34.xx. So it seems like your version doesn't like XP :/

And it's always user error, either through not understanding what's going on and why, or it's setup incorrectly(groups/permissions/policy settings etc) in the 1st place. Computers follow the rules given to them, not just randomly decide to be awkward/illogical, although it seems like that sometime ;p

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even if you're a member of the Administrators group, you'll still have 'Run as administrator' if you have User Account Control turned on (which it is by default).

In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Works fine on Win7, i tested Foreman on another XP machine and that didn't work either. Never tried Foreman before so tested it(both your versions) with 31.25 and still no joy.
As a test i downloaded the original Foreman and that works with 31.25, but not 34.xx. So it seems like your version doesn't like XP :/
Ok, I don't know what is going on, but I made some changes to the code. Please try this version on XP

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33938794/dwarf_foreman_0.7.5.zip

Even if this doesn't work, it should show some addictional info in the log screen.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, I don't know what is going on, but I made some changes to the code. Please try this version on XP

Even if this doesn't work, it should show some addictional info in the log screen.

Doesn't display the memory error this time. Clicking OK just bombs it out like the previous versions.

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The line "DF checksum: 0x0" means that dwarf foreman wasn't able to find the checksum

I've changed the code that finds the checksum and added some more info in the log:

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The line "DF checksum: 0x0" means that dwarf foreman wasn't able to find the checksum

I've changed the code that finds the checksum and added some more info in the log:

New message "Unable to read process memory."

Nothing else was displayed in the window like it was the other 7.5 you posted apart from the very 1st line.

iTreefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yup, same here.

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nothing else was displayed in the window like it was the other 7.5 you posted apart from the very 1st line.

I hope this version works, cause I'm nearly out of ideas:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33938794/dwarf_foreman_0.7.6.zip

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hope this version works, cause I'm nearly out of ideas:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33938794/dwarf_foreman_0.7.6.zip

I think it does!

Dwarf Fortress.exe found at 0x400000 with a size of 23429120 bytes.
PE header offset: 0x128
Timestamp offset: 0x4c
Timestamp: 1338807432
DF checksum: 0x4fcc9488
Testing DF version: 0.34.11 with checksum: 0x4fcc9488
Found DF version: 0.34.11
Inorganic Pointer Found: 0x186e5b0 (0x186e5b0)
Organic All Pointer Found: 0x186e5d0 (0x186e5d0)
Creature Type Pointer Found: 0x186e690 (0x186e690)
Reaction Pointer Found: 0x18741c4 (0x18741c4)
Queue Pointer Found: 0x18170c8 (0x18170c8)
Item Pointer Found: 0x182aa30 (0x182aa30)
All vectors successfully found!
Allocated memory at e500000
Hooking into the free operator at 78ab0174
VirtualProtectEX == true
writeDWord == true

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Really happy to hear that  :D
Thanks for the feedback.

Now I can go back to work for the next release

I've updated the DFFD post with the last version, finally working on XP: download here

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile

Ok, I've done a little messing around with the dfjobs file to make it more to my personal liking, but there are a few jobs I would like to add and am not entirly sure how to go about doing so. How would you add the following?....

Make rock mugs
Make bone crafts
Make shell crafts
Make ivory crafts
Make totems (from skulls)

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, I've done a little messing around with the dfjobs file to make it more to my personal liking, but there are a few jobs I would like to add and am not entirly sure how to go about doing so. How would you add the following?....

Make rock mugs
Make bone crafts
Make shell crafts
Make ivory crafts
Make totems (from skulls)
For the first four you can try these:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For the last, Dwarf Foreman can't work with skull yet. I will try to fix this in one of the next versions.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 04:40:33 pm by Shishimaru »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32