Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32

Author Topic: Dwarf Foreman 0.7.2 - Tool to automatically dispatch jobs to your workers  (Read 112984 times)

pheadrus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Foreman 0.7.2 - Tool to automatically dispatch jobs to your workers
« Reply #390 on: February 22, 2012, 04:16:07 pm »

When will this be updated?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 04:57:24 pm by pheadrus »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Dwarf Foreman 0.7.2 - Tool to automatically dispatch jobs to your workers
« Reply #391 on: February 22, 2012, 04:33:57 pm »

The new DFHack can also designate all trees and plants.

(I couldn't find an option to do all, but you can choose 'all but ...')
In the next DFHack release (for 0.34.02), the getplants command will have a "-a" option to select all plants.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Tubal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I am also curious. :)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I am also curious. :)

I think that DFHack's "workflow" has been updated now, and I'm pretty sure it has similar functionality. Until this may be updated, use that.

pheadrus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

the dfhack workflow plugin doesn't support anything very well. Can't set amounts of brew or chests... Miss this utility very much. not even sure how to modify it to work.

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile

the dfhack workflow plugin doesn't support anything very well. Can't set amounts of brew or chests... Miss this utility very much. not even sure how to modify it to work.

I second this.
Just been making do without so far.

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github

You can definitely control chests.  They're BOX/WOOD generally, or BOX//<specific-wood>; for the latter you will have to use "job item-material 1 <specific-wood>" on the "make wooden chest" job to force the carpenter's shop to use a specific input material. 

DRINK should also take subtypes; DRINK//BERRY_SUN:DRINK ought to match sunshine.  (DRINK/PLANT would match all plant beverages, which is fairly uninteresting.)  Again, the use of the "job" plugin to force a specific input material on the brew job would be required to cause workflow to match the job.

Workflow is very powerful and can automate most of the operation of a fortress, but it requires some thought to get it to work.

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

push, need so bad :D

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

Why this is not being updated?!!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Why this is not being updated?!!
Why don't you do it if you're so impatient?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

1) Not familiar with the work.

2) Was more a remark than exigency.

3) Seeing how this has not been updated since April 26, 2011, (more than a year) it was actually more of a joke.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This clone should work with DF 34.08-34.11

DFFD link http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6462
dropbox link http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33938794/dwarf_foreman.zip

source code http://code.google.com/r/shishimar-dwarf-foreman/

I have tested only a few jobs, so let me know if there is any problem and I will try to fix it.

I wasn't able to fix the automatic finder for the items vector, so I hardcoded its address.
I plan to release a version soon that gets all the needed addresses and offsets from a ini file (like Dwarf Therapist does) so that it becomes compatible with all modded version of DF (but it will still need a different dfjobs.xml for each mod).
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 11:13:48 am by Shishimaru »

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks shishimaru! I will give this a shot later today.

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile

Theres a lot of duplicate jobs, will both versions of each work or are some of them in need of testing?

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Theres a lot of duplicate jobs, will both versions of each work or are some of them in need of testing?
I used the dfjobs.xml that was with the original source code (just added minecart and wheelbarrow)
Each job should work, let me know if you find some that doesn't
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32