Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32

Author Topic: Dwarf Foreman 0.7.2 - Tool to automatically dispatch jobs to your workers  (Read 113020 times)

wedrifid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

. My current codebase is printing this out hehe. RTTI + vectorscan = win.
Brilliant, just what I needed. The main thing I wanted was to figure out how to code in support for 'spike' and 'disc'. Because having 100 each of those on hand at all times is just what you need when spamming traps! I had figured out greaves and a few others just by fiddling but much more than that was making dwarf fortress crash. Messing with other program's internals is a little out of my area of expertise.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

0.7.2 - Added full subtype support for jobs and fixed OTHER material bug introduced in 0.7.1.

"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

wedrifid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thankyou!

Cave Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you for this is very useful utility. I hope you will add other tasks (jobs) in it.
Especially for clothing workshops. I really need for regularly tasks such as shearing, spinning. And, of course, also i have headache with milking, milling,  cooking, construct mechanisms.
Maybe inverce principle such melt all ores quantity above 100 will be usefull. Or weaving all thread above 50 (reserve for hospital) and etc.

I think this will be very most useful utility such as TheRapist soon.
Why don`t you tell about your utility in this topic?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=28829.0
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 12:07:29 am by Cave Man »

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Maybe inverce principle such melt all ores quantity above 100 will be usefull. Or weaving all thread above 50 (reserve for hospital) and etc.

Ya, this has been talked about for awhile. If you notice there was already an unused "all" field in the config frame... which brings me to my question for everyone.

How do I word that to make it obvious what it does?

If all isn't checked, it works like you expect. If all is checked, it does everything if target is 0 or all but 50 if target is 50.

My gut tells me to label all as, "all except target" which sounds clear(to me).. but I suck at UI design/communication/interaction with humans
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile

How do I word that to make it obvious what it does?

If all isn't checked, it works like you expect. If all is checked, it does everything if target is 0 or all but 50 if target is 50.

My gut tells me to label all as, "all except target" which sounds clear(to me).. but I suck at UI design/communication/interaction with humans

Maybe single option: "stop production with materials below"
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

This is going to become as necessary as Therapist.

Is it just me, or is DF becomming a sort of "Cyborg-program" recently?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Cave Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm. "all except target" are nice name i think.

I hope so. Such programs deals with routine, when we have FUN ;)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 01:54:48 pm by Cave Man »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions

Code: [Select]
if (job->materialType == "wood") data[52] = 0x02;
if (job->materialType == "cloth") data[52] = 0x04;
if (job->materialType == "silk") data[52] = 0x08;
if (job->materialType == "leather") data[52] = 0x10;
if (job->materialType == "bone") data[52] = 0x20;
+ if (job->materialType == "shell") data[52] = 0x40;
+ if (job->materialType == "tooth") data[53] = 0x02;
+ if (job->materialType == "horn") data[53] = 0x04;
+ if (job->materialType == "pearl") data[53] = 0x08;
if (job->materialType == "yarn") data[53] = 0x10;
A bit of memory tweaking also indicates that "data[52]= 0x01;" will make "plant" objects (probably won't work for anything), "data[52]= 0x80;" will claim to make "wooden" objects (but doesn't actually work), and "data[53] = 0x01;" will make soap objects (and might actually work - when I tested it with making crafts, my Craftsdwarf's workshop added the task and then gave "Kol Ukerstukos, Jeweler cancels Make soap Crafts: Needs soap bars." because I didn't have any soap).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile

I hope so. Such programs deals with routine, when we have FUN ;)

I think it's official.  I have a 128 Meg Dwarf Fortress folder, fully modded... and a 500 MB DF Utilities folder.

It's more machine than Dwarf!
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

Does this work with the Corrosion mod (a total conversion)?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

A bit of memory tweaking also indicates that "data[52]= 0x01;" will make "plant" objects (probably won't work for anything), "data[52]= 0x80;" will claim to make "wooden" objects (but doesn't actually work), and "data[53] = 0x01;" will make soap objects (and might actually work - when I tested it with making crafts, my Craftsdwarf's workshop added the task and then gave "Kol Ukerstukos, Jeweler cancels Make soap Crafts: Needs soap bars." because I didn't have any soap).

Thanks, added it. Going to try and make soap arrows when I get a chance.

No idea, hehe.

wedrifid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You just need to configure dfjobs.xml. Have a look at the exe I posted to this thread about a page back. It should generate all the non standard stuff for you!

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

That depends on how TOTAL of a conversion the mod is... Foreman expects certain materials(like iron) to exist, and won't work if they don't.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

0.7.3 - Added "all" job support, allowing you to melt all metal. Also added plant, shell, soap, tooth, horn, pearl support to the job tag(thank Quietust).

Unless someone can think of something more important than tree cutting, I will be working on that next.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32