Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32

Author Topic: Dwarf Foreman 0.7.2 - Tool to automatically dispatch jobs to your workers  (Read 113053 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile

:'(
thank you

seanb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Trying to get this workin. It seems to attach to the process (it doesn't give any errors anyway), but it wont do anything.

I currently have 0 charcoal, but lots of wood. I told Foreman i would like 2 charcoal. Enabled it, and waited for a tick. My wood furnace didn't get any orders. Should i see it show up on my Q screen when i hover over the wood furnace?

Also the next column says "all", should that be an inventory of how many are already made? That column is blank.

how can i be sure it's actually attached to a process?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Trying to get this workin. It seems to attach to the process (it doesn't give any errors anyway), but it wont do anything.

I currently have 0 charcoal, but lots of wood. I told Foreman i would like 2 charcoal. Enabled it, and waited for a tick. My wood furnace didn't get any orders. Should i see it show up on my Q screen when i hover over the wood furnace?

Also the next column says "all", should that be an inventory of how many are already made? That column is blank.

how can i be sure it's actually attached to a process?
Do you have a manager dwarf? As far as I've read in the thread it sounds like it adds stuff to the manager job thing, which add the jobs like it usually does.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

seanb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OOOH! i thought this was a replacement for the manager! That makes a lot more sense!

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile

So I'm trying this new version out, but the one feature I liked from old versions doesn't seem to work. The 'Cut ALL trees' check box is grayed out and I can't use it. Is that feature disabled for now, to return in future versions?

By the way don't embark on a high mountain if you want trees. It's a huge pain in the ass to designate them all for deforestation.

nucleus222

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you for updating this my DF just hasnt been the same without it

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile

By the way don't embark on a high mountain if you want trees. It's a huge pain in the ass to designate them all for deforestation.

Use macro?
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

So I'm trying this new version out, but the one feature I liked from old versions doesn't seem to work. The 'Cut ALL trees' check box is grayed out and I can't use it. Is that feature disabled for now, to return in future versions?

It is totally coming back, not in the next version but the version after that. :)

It is kind of crazy, there have already been 100 people that downloaded the pre-release and no one has complained about it not working. How often does that work? :P
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Oscard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Any chance of a revival of MacForeman? I know a lot of mac users are discouraged because they dont have access to better utilities to make their workers more efficient.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Nope.

I would just need a programmer who has a mac to work with me. Since I use QT, the changes he/she would have to make would be trivial once he/she figured out what needed to be done. The hard part would be figuring out how to parse rtti/items properly, which AFAIK hasn't been done on any of the gcc compiled versions of DF (linux and mac). Maybe someone has already figured out how to do that though, as I have been absent from the scene for awhile. Also, they would need to know the mac equivalent of VirtualAllocEx.

"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, they would need to know the mac equivalent of VirtualAllocEx.

Considering OSX is *NIX, I think it's safe to assume that it's like Linux and doesn't have a VirtualAllocEx. If that's the case, the best method that I'm aware of for replicating VirtualAllocEx functionality is halting the DF process, hooking SDLNumJoysticks, backing up some small section of the DF address space, then copying over a small function that calls malloc to run in SDLNumJoystick's place. Getting stuff to run inside DF (and likely OSX) is a lot more difficult than it is in Windows.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

A long time ago, I wrote a debugger for freebsd that operated like the old school dos DEBUG command.

My memory is hazy, but I seem to think if you start or attach to a process as the debugger you can allocate memory in its space no problem.

The sdl joystick stuff would work too, I still have your source from when you figured that out :P

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

http://code.google.com/p/dwarf-foreman/

Added the code to google code. I don't need help or anything(though I could use a cool logo!), but its there in case something happens to me :P

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My memory is hazy, but I seem to think if you start or attach to a process as the debugger you can allocate memory in its space no problem.

Well, nobody knew of something like that in #dfhack when I asked a while back, so if you find a way to do it, let me know. It's definitely relevant to my interests.  ;D

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Well, I checked the ptrace system call on my freebsd box and there doesn't seem to be any requests that modify virtual memory layouts... though I find it hard to believe no one has written something like that. I would find some linux development channels and ask there.

Another option is to modify the elf header. You can add your own segment or modify an existing one to be a little bit bigger then mark it somehow(there are tons of fields in the elf header that don't get used). The user would only have to do this once each time they downloaded a new copy of DF, and it would indeed give you memory to work with :P There has to be utilities or libraries out there for it, and if not it is pretty well documented. I wrote a hello world elf executable in a hex editor once :/
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32