Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32

Author Topic: Dwarf Foreman 0.7.2 - Tool to automatically dispatch jobs to your workers  (Read 112993 times)

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Totally different program, I am trying to copy the success of stone sense.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile

only stone sense was older than stonesense

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Foreman 0.4 - Tool to automatically dispatch jobs to your workers
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2010, 12:43:18 am »

New release, and some cool new features. :D I haven't bug tested them and just dumped the build I just compiled, got a big day tomorrow and I need sleep. In theory it should work well.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Heavenfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2010, 06:02:47 am »

Been running the drinks, seem to work. It isn't exactly accurate, but with such a high turnover I guess it's hard to be.

I left foreman running when I saved, and it didn't break the save. But I couldn't load a game without closing foreman first.

Oh yeah, your new pack is missing 2 files, and you can't start foreman without them
libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
mingwm10.dll

I picked them from the 0.35 release

Edit: A big problem is that stuff you remove from the manager list automatically (edit2: doesn't get removed from workshops), but I guess that's a game bug more than anything else
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 06:37:57 am by Heavenfall »
Upon him I will visit famine and a fire, until all around him desolation rings
and all the demons in the outer dark look on amazed and recognize
that vengeance is the business of a dwarf

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2010, 08:29:54 am »

Thanks for the feedback

Been running the drinks, seem to work. It isn't exactly accurate, but with such a high turnover I guess it's hard to be.
Edit: A big problem is that stuff you remove from the manager list automatically (edit2: doesn't get removed from workshops), but I guess that's a game bug more than anything else

Well, not only do you have to remove the job from the workshop you have to remove it from the global job list. Hit j sometime and you'll see each job a workshop has is also an unassigned job in the global list. Furthermore, I would have to check to see if that workshop job was active and remove it from the dwarf that picked up the job. It gets better! Next I would have to remove the *TSK* status from any item that was involved in the job.

I could so totally do all that, but it wouldn't add much functionally while slowing the utility down and potentially adding bugs.

When I reprogrammed that part of the utility I did add code to where it could guess the number of items made by a specific job, like making drinks, and account for it. I just haven't populated that code with any values besides 1.

I left foreman running when I saved, and it didn't break the save. But I couldn't load a game without closing foreman first.
Oh yeah, your new pack is missing 2 files, and you can't start foreman without them
libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
mingwm10.dll

Ya, I need to work on the error handling to figure out what the state of the game is. I'll make a mention when I (attempt to) fix all that.

AND, forgetting those two files was a stupid thing to do.. bah. I uploaded them as part of the 4.0b release. I was tired last night  :-[

Have you tried the mill-able items yet? That was the cool-as-hell feature from this release, but I was concerned if I got the logic for automatically forbidding items right and still haven't had a chance to test. Though I do think if you were running that feature you would want to reduce the time between "ticks", so it would forbid any mill-able plants that just grew. The saving grace is that a plant that grows needs to be harvested, so there is a window between when the plant exist and it is usable for me to sneak in and forbid it. My current fort doesn't even have a millstone, but when it does the plant stockpile will be closer to my mills than the farm itself.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 08:33:44 am by devek »

Heavenfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2010, 10:48:42 am »

Sorry, I don't mill  8)

Heavenfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2010, 01:00:38 pm »

Oh yeah, one more thing (as you make your way towards perfection  :P)

The counts for drinks included the ones brought in by the caravan. So if I set it to 300, it would hover around 280-350, but when the caravan came in, my actual drinks would drop below 100 because the caravan had 200 in it. I think it's up to you if you want to assume that affects other wares as well.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2010, 01:04:15 pm »

Hrm, that is a big problem I didn't even think about.

Will have to fix that :P

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Sorry I have been slow on releases, been too busy(drunk) during my free time to code.

Reverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Appreciate the update nevertheless! Love the settings saving. I'm testing it now, will let you know if I run into problems.

Are you planning on adding bins/sacks/barrels/buckets b/c I can never tell when I have ran out of them? I was trying to make a counter for myself but I'm terrible at disassembly and hadn't been able to recognize how these containers store things in memory. I dunno if I should even be worrying about this that much, but I hate running out of barrels and my dwarves not getting their alcohol.

Speaking of which, have you thought of populating the items it knows about from XML so that it is extensible and we could use the ids from dfitemdump to add our own? I don't know how feasible this is but it might be best to do this sort of thing early.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

The problem with barrels is more general than that.

There are wood, iron, gold, silver, cooper, nickle, zinc, bronze, brass, steel, platinum, electrum, tin, fine/trifle/lay pewter, lead, aluminum, nickel silver, billion, sterling silver, black bronze, rose gold, bismuth bronze, and adamantine barrels... They come with different decorations and quality levels too.

Finishes goods are more complicated than raw goods. I'm also messing with auto dumping/melting items that don't meet certain quality.

Once I figure out a general way to accommodate all sorts of goods, making an xml file or whatever will be easy. You are right though, a specific hack to add items now is probably a good idea and I'll do it for the next release.

HammerHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Watching this thread, because I have wanted something like this for a long, long time.
Sooooooaaaaaap!
Tha's grreat!
Soooocks!

Socializator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress CZ

This tool is amazing and has mind-blowing potential to take some of the tediousness out of DF! It may become as indispensable for large fortresses as Dwarf Therapist!

you have earned one large THANK YOU!

------
Btw. - since you are reading warrious stock information - would it be possible to see the contents of all stock in some more reasonable (especially filtrable/sortable) way than it is in the DF? I guess it would be probably completely different tool though... but just asking if this is possible. Because searching for how many leather armors I actually have is difficult - stuff cluttered with all different leathers kinds etc...
Navštivte českou Dwarf Fortress komunitu a fanpage!

Urist McPenguin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Been following this thread, finally giving the utility a go. I've got a good sized for going on, and having to set manager tasks 20 times because I want to do something 600 times is tedious.

If its as good as it sounds, I'll be happily using it as much/more as therapist.

Reverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit2: Ha, he was right. I still don't quite get it(20 years of experience with C, maybe 2 weeks of experience with c++), but now my program is using dw2 for both and exceptions work fine.

What did you have to change to get it to use dw2 for both dfhack and the qt gui app say if I used the steps you listed to get them both to compile in qt creator that you posted in the dfhack thread? I'll try to google it but I'd though I'd ask here as well.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32