Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32

Author Topic: Dwarf Foreman 0.7.2 - Tool to automatically dispatch jobs to your workers  (Read 112981 times)

splinteredmind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is this still being worked on or has it gone to the great mod graveyard in the sky HFS?

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

It is still being worked on.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

splinteredmind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Glad to hear it  :D

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile

I see the source is available-- can this be run on Linux? If so, what commands do I need to run? The usual ./configure, make, make install?
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Nirek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm working on a more complete dfjobs.xml, for genesis, and I've hit a brick wall with getting it to read certain source/products. Is there no way to get it to see things made out of stone? ie rock pots, rock crafts?

Code: [Select]
<dfjob name="Rock Pot" category="Barrels" type="221" subtype="pot" materialType="other" other="INORGANIC">
<item type="tool" subtype="pot" material="inorganic""/>
<source type="boulder" material="all" />
</dfjob>
"Works" but I would assume would also catch things made out of metal, as well. For wooden barrels, is the only way to catch itemtype 'organic' ? I would think 'wood' would work, but apparently not.

Edit: Looking at the source, it doesn't appear to even look at subtype in the item= string meaning it's just showing all inorganic tools, hrm. 
Also getting what I figure is the bug mentioned a couple of pages back where some jobs appear to have phantom checkmarks on the All box until cycled, but then I don't think another build was pushed since then so I guess that's expected.

Edit2: Dunno if this is a specific oddity to running genesis, but this is what Lavish meals look like:
Code: [Select]
<dfjob name="lavish foods" category="kitchen" type="115" subtype="4" stack="5" materialType="other" other = "GLASS_CLEAR">
<!-- No idea why it thinks it needs clear glass, but it does, anything else gives a 'empty' job in kitchen that produces easy meals -->
<item type="food" material="all" />   
    </dfjob>

« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 06:10:15 am by Nirek »

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile

Keep in mind that you can take 2 minutes and add your own jobs to the dfjobs.xml file.
I did that once, then all of the sudden, the make rock blocks turned into make unknown material blocks. I went back in and examined the entry, it was the same.

Marc420

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

LOL ... thanks for this.  The very first job I wanted to add to the dfjobs was of course a wooden barrel.  I was scratching my head about how my barrels were ending up 2 dimensional and transparent.  Your link to the updated job list provided me my answer.  Thanks!

For any others who want to make three dimensional barrels with an opaque wood grain look to them, try this  ....

<dfjob name="wood barrel" category="carpenter" type="127" materialType="wood">
        <item type="barrel" material="all" />
        <source type="wood" material="all" />
    </dfjob>

It's a shame you can't specify specific materials for stone/wood jobs (e.g. in order to do "Make nether-cap Barrel" or "Construct bauxite Floodgate") - I know that it's possible to hack active jobs like that (i.e. once they're in the workshop), but adding it that way to the job manager just makes the job take no materials and create no products. Certain odd combinations are possible, though - I added a job with type="129" and materialType="wood" and successfully created a wooden window.

Questions:
How exactly are the "item" and "source" tags (including the misspelled "soure" for clear glass portals) within <dfjob> used?
Is it possible to specify item subtypes by their ID rather than by their [NAME] (e.g. ITEM_TRAPCOMP_MENACINGSPIKE instead of "spike")?

Comments:
Items of type "tool" (85) also need subtypes.
The job list in readme.txt has a bunch of errors in it, since the list in DFHack's memory.xml is similarly incorrect - the list from Dwarf Therapist (located here) is much more correct.

Nirek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, after significant tinkering since my last post, and much trial and error testing, I can explain, at least that last bit.

ITEM_TRAPCOMP_MENACINGSPIKE does not work, spike does, for menacing spikes, material organic for wood, inorganic for everything else (any more refined than that, and you have to source EVERY possible item material, ie material="IRON", material="GOLD")

One thing I have noticed, and becomes a problem with working with any sort of bone, Foreman does not know how to find skull/bones etc item type, Test.exe does not pick it up at all either, on slaughter an item dump only shows the globs of meat, nothing at all for the skull, and bones etc. So far it's the only item I've been completely unable to work around, with the exception of Rock pots needing additional code to see if they're full like the other barrel types have.

My current raws are here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33793962/Genesis_dfjobs_xml_v0_5.zip
I have both the mason and carpenter shop fully implemented, as well as several other misc 'needed' jobs, like brewing and meals.

rosesand

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hi Nirek,
I have a problem when using your Jobs.xml.

Setting a low value on something like Rock Door, or Rock Table (eg. 5) results in it wanting ~2500 units. A job is then created in the Manager queue for several thousand tables.

Other jobs like Brew/Lavish meals work fine.

I am using DF 0.31.25 with the lazy noob pack and no other addons, as well as version 0.7.3 of Dwarf Foreman.

Any tips or guidance would be appreciated.

Thsanks

Nirek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's an issue with foreman itself, for some reason it sometimes wants to autocheck the 'all' checkbox, toggling it on and off will fix it, the best way to tell if it did that, is if you see on the status screen the target will be (5) instead of 10% etc

It was reported a page or two back but I don't think a new release was pushed since, nothing I can do about it, I'm not even sure why it doesn't seem to effect all jobs, only some.

Edit: I guess I can actually do something, after wrestling with qt creator a bit, I got it to dump a new binary from the current source. The only file I changed at all is the main window title to be .7.3.1 just to avoid confusion, included is the new binary(no dlls, the ones from .7.3 work just fine), and the source as per the licence, hopefully this doesn't step on any toes, will take it down if wanted.
(also hopefully it didn't decide to make a solely x64 binary, hehe)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33793962/Dwarf%20Foreman_0_7_3_1.zip

« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 08:51:43 am by Nirek »

rosesand

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Excellent!!!

Thanks for the work Nirek. Looks like thats helped out.

Using your exe now appears to queue the jobs correctly, i didnt need to check and uncheck the All Except field at all.

telarin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has anyone worked out the XML to get foreman to detect number of skulls available and create totems with them? I can get it to make totems, but no luck getting it to detect if there are skulls available as I can't seem to work out the item and material data. Yes, I did an item dump, but I can't figure out which ones are the skulls.

telarin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Foreman 0.7.2 - Tool to automatically dispatch jobs to your workers
« Reply #357 on: August 04, 2011, 08:54:45 am »

Nobody? really?

Is there still any ongoing development work on this project, or has it pretty much stalled?

Does anyone have a more complete .xml file than what downloads with the installation? I took a crack at it, and was able to add most of the items that I need continuous production of, or need to keep all used up, but there are a few (like keeping all my skulls, hair, horns, etc) used up that have eluded me.

Also, I noticed you can add in a command to weave cloth from adamantine thread, but it shows up blank in the manager screen and never gets assigned to a workshop. I assume this is simply because the job does not exist in the list of things that can normally be added to the manager and will most likely work when/if Toady ever gets around to fixing that particular bug?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #358 on: August 04, 2011, 08:56:31 am »

I haven't been playing DF, waiting on the new version really. Otherwise I'd still be fooling with foreman

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 09, 2011, 08:03:44 pm »

I've used this before, but its been a long, long time. I just re-downloaded it to use with the latest DF version, put it in my DF folder, and ran it...and the status screen is empty. I actually read the readme (gasp!) ....but there are no instructions for how to make it detect dwarf fortress. I suspect it might have, because I can see, under log:

Dwarf Fortress.exe found at 0x400000 with a size of 21893120 bytes.
Queue Pointer Found: 16b0bd8
Item Pointer Found: 16c4540
Inorganic Pointer Found: 1707f50
Organic All Pointer Found: 1707f70
Organic Plant Pointer Found: 1707f70
Organic Tree Pointer Found: 1707f70
Creature Type Pointer Found: 1708030
Reaction Pointer Found: 170d9b4
All vectors successfully found!

But I don't see anywhere any list of my dwarves and their jobs.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32