Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32

Author Topic: Dwarf Foreman 0.7.2 - Tool to automatically dispatch jobs to your workers  (Read 113003 times)

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Nice catch.

Will fix it in the next release.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

onart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hello i am currently working on the xml and i have and question can i change the category of jobs without breaking the the thing ? because it is getting a bit messy in both the xml and the manager XD

wedrifid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hello i am currently working on the xml and i have and question can i change the category of jobs without breaking the the thing ? because it is getting a bit messy in both the xml and the manager XD
Hi Onart. The 'category' thing is pure eye candy. You can make the categories 'bikinis' and 'boobies' if you really want.

onart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

haha thanks wil make it a bit less cluttery

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions

It's a shame you can't specify specific materials for stone/wood jobs (e.g. in order to do "Make nether-cap Barrel" or "Construct bauxite Floodgate") - I know that it's possible to hack active jobs like that (i.e. once they're in the workshop), but adding it that way to the job manager just makes the job take no materials and create no products. Certain odd combinations are possible, though - I added a job with type="129" and materialType="wood" and successfully created a wooden window.

Questions:
How exactly are the "item" and "source" tags (including the misspelled "soure" for clear glass portals) within <dfjob> used?
Is it possible to specify item subtypes by their ID rather than by their [NAME] (e.g. ITEM_TRAPCOMP_MENACINGSPIKE instead of "spike")?

Comments:
Items of type "tool" (85) also need subtypes.
The job list in readme.txt has a bunch of errors in it, since the list in DFHack's memory.xml is similarly incorrect - the list from Dwarf Therapist (located here) is much more correct.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

onart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

are you sure you can't specify material type ? i mean stone / wood is set on allow all on default but then again it get's treathen all the same and yes i've discovered that the list is incorrect and as far as i know all the combinations are possible although i haven't tried yet but thanks for the list will be working on the next part.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

It's a shame you can't specify specific materials for stone/wood jobs (e.g. in order to do "Make nether-cap Barrel" or "Construct bauxite Floodgate") - I know that it's possible to hack active jobs like that (i.e. once they're in the workshop)

Maybe someday in the future we can change it to add jobs to the workshop. It can be done, it is just a lot more complicated.

How exactly are the "item" and "source" tags (including the misspelled "soure" for clear glass portals) within <dfjob> used?

I'm not sure I understand the question. There is a map called itemMap, when I iterate through the items to populate it like so:

Once the items are counted, the jobs source and item count are calculated by going through each <item> and <source> tag and adding them to a total. FYI the creature type materials are broken, as they are for dfhack. I never bothered to fix them because so far there hasn't been a case where knowing the specific creature material type mattered (but it at least identifies the material as the right category.)

Is it possible to specify item subtypes by their ID rather than by their [NAME] (e.g. ITEM_TRAPCOMP_MENACINGSPIKE instead of "spike")?

It is, but why? Is there a conflict between subtypes and types? I can resolve it in a simpler manner if so.

Items of type "tool" (85) also need subtypes.

Thanks.

The job list in readme.txt has a bunch of errors in it, since the list in DFHack's memory.xml is similarly incorrect - the list from Dwarf Therapist (located here) is much more correct.

I don't even use dfhack's list lol. I have been basing my job types off the decompiled DF code, but I obviously can't release that with my program. I will put Therapist's list in the readme instead if it is more accurate.

Also, if you guys are adding jobs to your own.. mind sending me your google account names? You can modify the offical dfjobs.xml online at the project site without having to download or use any source revision software, it is really easy.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile

I wonder how many decompile DF code and just dont mention it...

Because even I *might* have done it once or twice....
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

wedrifid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will put Therapist's list in the readme instead if it is more accurate.

On a related note - if you have a dwarf doing the job you want to automate the hover text in therapist gives the code for you. Can save a little guessing.

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile

I'd like a little help. My experiance with this stuff is limited. I tried to automate leather shoes, robes, hoods, and gloves but it crashed DF when I went to the manager screen. I don't think I am doing it right can anyone help me out?

This is what I have in the jobs list for foreman;

<dfjob name="leather hood" category="leatherworks" type="102" materialType="leather">
        <item type="hood" material="all" />
    </dfjob>
    <dfjob name="leather gloves" category="leatherworks" type="117" materialType="leather">
        <item type="glove" material="all" />
    </dfjob>
    <dfjob name="leather shoes" category="leatherworks" type="118" materialType="leather">
        <item type="shoe" material="all" />
    </dfjob>
    <dfjob name="leather robes" category="leatherworks" type="101" materialType="leather">
        <item type="robe" material="all" />
    </dfjob>
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

all clothing has to have a subtype.

<dfjob name="leather hood" category="leatherworks" type="102" subtype="hood" materialType="leather">

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile

Will you be so good as to tell me the other subtypes. While I awaited your response I tried that but I think I got the wrong subtypes. For instance I had helm instead of hood.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

wedrifid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have a look at the other exe, the test one. You can look at the items that you have and figure out the part that refers to the item type.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions

Will you be so good as to tell me the other subtypes. While I awaited your response I tried that but I think I got the wrong subtypes. For instance I had helm instead of hood.
This is one of the reasons why I was suggesting using item IDs rather than the singular form, considering the game's own raws use those IDs everywhere else. It would also make Foreman tool more compatible with mods that rename items without changing their IDs (e.g. translating them into another language).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 04:25:51 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32