Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making other creatures milkable  (Read 474 times)

Genkora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Making other creatures milkable
« on: July 24, 2010, 11:09:38 pm »

This has probably been covered before, but I have been experimenting with making different animals milkable.  It seems that as long as a creature has the INTELLIGENT token, it cannot be milked.  So if you wanted to make goblins or elves milkable, you would either need to make a new version of them stictly for milking purposes, or remove the token.  Oddly enough, even without the Intelligent token, elves still have forest retreats on embark.  I should see if they would still have other functions like trading even without the token, you know, for science (I doubt it though, I believe the token is required for speech).

And before anyone says anything, don't tell me an elvish milk farm isn't a good idea.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 11:11:37 pm by Genkora »

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Making other creatures milkable
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 11:35:20 pm »

This is a brilliant idea, we can raise the elves as the forest animals they are.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 06:05:25 am »

And butcher all the males?
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Ockad

• Bay Watcher
  • Take a look at my fine wares!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 06:19:17 am »

I'd love to make Peacocks milkable.
Using my nimble dwarven fingers, to find a Peacocks .... eh, and after that make Peacock cheese out of it.
I think the Elves would love it as well.