Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Most Impressive Legends (+ large beasties)  (Read 616 times)

Funtimes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Most Impressive Legends (+ large beasties)
« on: July 24, 2010, 06:08:18 pm »

I'm searching through Legends on a freshly generated world, looking for interestings creatures to slay as an adventurer  :D when I notice a huge number of references to various beasts.

The two most impressive, for various reasons are a savanah titan, with seven hundred and twenty seven kills. Strasnu Dawnwinters, who still wanders this world.
Fortunately only three were Dorfs, straying a little far from the mountains.  :o

Secondly, is Bastsan Oculwuvul Usmenshishen (The Heroic Lambs);
A raw umber monster; an enormous goat twisted into humanoid form, bonus noxious secretions.
His resume looks like this:
One hundred and twenty six kills.
Lead two goblin sieges that destroyed mountainhomes.

Very impressive, yes? Well, going through his kill list it changes somewhat. He only killed one dwarf in those two attacks, then he killed two goblins in the following 168 years. Then, he apparently got bored and led a charge against the elves. He killed 123 of them before being shot down and eaten by Lafo Coveredpristine.

Lafo died a year later after getting beaten up by a couple of humans. Bastsan was his only kill, his way of avenging his parents, who were killed by the beast.

What are you best current legends stories?  :o

(Was meant to be gameplay forum, hrm)

Anyway, I think I am going to make an armoury to equip myself to take on Strasnu. And take its place.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 06:09:50 pm by Funtimes »