Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34

Author Topic: Let's Play Pokemon Emerald!  (Read 56909 times)

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pokemon Emerald!
« Reply #375 on: August 19, 2010, 11:57:03 am »

If it wasn't for that slaking he'd be pretty easy.
I just wanna wonder now,

Does snorlax get pretty good stats too?
This makes me wanna re-play emerald.
But since I don't know where it is, I think I'll play HG.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 19, 2010, 02:21:22 pm »

If it wasn't for that slaking he'd be pretty easy.
I just wanna wonder now,

Does snorlax get pretty good stats too?
This makes me wanna re-play emerald.
But since I don't know where it is, I think I'll play HG.
Snorlax has good Sp. Defense, but low defense. It has one of the highest HP stats in the game, though.

Wait, Struggle has a base power of 50. Were you bringing along Focus Band or what?
Nope, just alternating which Zigzagoon I was using. Every time one died, the other would use a Revive on it.

Nice tactic there. How long did it take to finish the E4? Also, try using a Shedinja to whittle down their PP without Revives.
Three hours.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #377 on: August 19, 2010, 02:44:01 pm »

i thought blissey had the most hp's in all the games...

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 19, 2010, 02:52:35 pm »

i thought blissey had the most hp's in all the games...
Snorlax has good Sp. Defense, but low defense. It has one of the highest HP stats in the game, though.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 19, 2010, 02:59:58 pm »

And now that we have unseated the (god)father, we are the true powers of western Hoenn. The land is ours.

Also, apparently Norman uses either Gastro Acid or Skill Swap to remove Slaking's Truant and turn them into total monsters. Geez, I didn't know that. Going to be a tough rematch. I'm quite surprised at how epic Breloom is though; I'm almost at Norman myself and and ready to Mach Punch him into submission with stab :)

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 19, 2010, 06:34:07 pm »

Land!
It is ours!
And now that we have unseated the (god)father, we are the true powers of western Hoenn. The land is ours.

Also, apparently Norman uses either Gastro Acid or Skill Swap to remove Slaking's Truant and turn them into total monsters. Geez, I didn't know that. Going to be a tough rematch. I'm quite surprised at how epic Breloom is though; I'm almost at Norman myself and and ready to Mach Punch him into submission with stab :)

From what I remember, he'll use it like twice in a row, meaning he just gets the ability back again.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 19, 2010, 07:25:06 pm »

Just beat Norman myself, here's my team for comparison.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Need to find a good flying type and water type now. I think Dustox and Sableye are going in the box, sadly. I just grabbed my EXP Share (kinda late) so I need to level up some other guys.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 19, 2010, 07:27:29 pm »

I'm quite surprised at how epic Breloom is though
You would be incredishocked at 4th generation Breloom then. It's one of the only two pokemon that learn Spore, a 100% accuracy sleep move. After you use that, you can use Substitute to take all the damage from the foe waking up or Sleep Talking, while you Focus Punch everything into submission.

@Retro - Pelipper is actually better than you might think, and it's water/flying. Gyarados could work, too. (Unfortunately, no Mantine in Emerald.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 19, 2010, 09:11:27 pm »

In the past times I played pokemon games, I always did the overpower-one-pokemon thing.
I had a friend who was playing the original pokemon red, and he was in mt.moon(Or whatever the first cave is) and he had a Charizard...

I'm starting up HG now, since I already beat SS and I'm pretty sure my first pokemon game(Besides pokemon pinball and hey you pikachu) was crystal.

I'm suprised to see that totodile's attack is better than it's Sp.Attack.
Meaning water gun is only for fire/rock ect. Even with STAB it's apparently worse than scratch...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 19, 2010, 09:22:46 pm »

In the past times I played pokemon games, I always did the overpower-one-pokemon thing.
Same. A Lv. 80 starter can obliterate the elite 4 with the right move setup... or the wrong one for that matter.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #385 on: August 19, 2010, 10:21:56 pm »

Same. A Lv. 80 starter can obliterate the elite 4 with the right move setup... or the wrong one for that matter.
and damn, they level up as fast as hell. i mean seriously.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 19, 2010, 10:23:52 pm »

As a kid I oooonly used the starter. I didn't even catch enough pokemon to fill out the team. Usually won at around L60? These days I just put the starter in the box, grab a L2 of whatever the weakest pokemon is outside the starter town, and win the game with a full well-rounded non-starter team.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 19, 2010, 10:29:15 pm »

Well frankly normally i choose the starter depending on the types i know i want on my team. For exemple, theres not really any fire i like in generation 2, so i often end up with the flaming badger thing. I mostly use them to fill out the spot i dont have a satisfactory pokeman to put in.

Also, for once in my life i want to have a team with trade-evolved pokemons. Back in 1st genration i would have given my left testicle to get a machamp or a gengar.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 19, 2010, 10:32:16 pm »

Yeah, I usually like the ones I catch myself more than the starter, being a ghost, fighting, and psychic fan.
I like some bug and grass Pokemon too, but not as much as some from the other types.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #389 on: August 19, 2010, 10:33:18 pm »

As a kid I oooonly used the starter. I didn't even catch enough pokemon to fill out the team. Usually won at around L60? These days I just put the starter in the box, grab a L2 of whatever the weakest pokemon is outside the starter town, and win the game with a full well-rounded non-starter team.
first time i beat a pokemon game was the original silver. i couldn't even read back then. all i could remember about it was a level 60something pidgeot, a level thirtysomething grass starter. and killing the E4. almost baffles me more than sleepwalking to the shower and bathing in said sleep, which i did. twice.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34