Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Markdwarves are from the B Ark  (Read 1286 times)

mattspierce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Markdwarves are from the B Ark
« on: July 23, 2010, 09:22:17 pm »

My marks dwarfs refuse to fight.  I station them in the nice fortified fighting spaces and they rarely fire on the ravening hoards of gobs, beak dogs or trolls.  They all are equipped and activated.  They do an admirable job firing into the pit where I unleash caged victims.  They even practice now at archery ranges.  But when moved to station they crowed away from the fortifications ore even in a nearby room. Occasionally on will gush up against a fortification and notice the target rich environment.  Then that dwarf will unleash his ire, until he is out of bolts.  Then he stands around an gets pincussioned by a blowgunner.  I've tried creating single dwarf squads, but they never stand where I designate  I've taken to making fighting spaces one unit wide. But they usually end up standing in the next room.  My next fort will have a single perimeter fighting hall with a nice for or five thick wall separating the inside.  Any one have a good way to make marks dwarves fight?

happydog23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Markdwarves are from the B Ark
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 09:33:03 pm »

My marks dwarfs refuse to fight.  I station them in the nice fortified fighting spaces and they rarely fire on the ravening hoards of gobs, beak dogs or trolls.  They all are equipped and activated.  They do an admirable job firing into the pit where I unleash caged victims.  They even practice now at archery ranges.  But when moved to station they crowed away from the fortifications ore even in a nearby room. Occasionally on will gush up against a fortification and notice the target rich environment.  Then that dwarf will unleash his ire, until he is out of bolts.  Then he stands around an gets pincussioned by a blowgunner.  I've tried creating single dwarf squads, but they never stand where I designate  I've taken to making fighting spaces one unit wide. But they usually end up standing in the next room.  My next fort will have a single perimeter fighting hall with a nice for or five thick wall separating the inside.  Any one have a good way to make marks dwarves fight?

I haven't tried it yet, but there was a thread that said one way that works fairly well is to create a 1 tile wide burrow behind your fortifications and tell your squad to defend the burrow.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 12:09:26 am »

yeah, burrows only 1 by X wide should work, right up against the fortifications >_>
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 02:13:03 pm »

On the bright side, at least your fort should be safe from an infectious disease contracted from an unsanitized telephone   ;D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.