Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Burrow problem?  (Read 809 times)

jdiddleymspot

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf Killer
    • View Profile
Burrow problem?
« on: July 23, 2010, 07:14:01 am »

When I designate a burrow and turn it on using the military + (a) screen, it doesn't seem to turn back off when I set the alert back to normal. My burrow was underground and now my carpenter won't go outside to finish his work.

Also, when I designate 8 of my dwarves to a burrow, and designate one dwarf an additional burrow, all the others seem to be able to access his burrow too.

What's going on?
All dwarfs have beards and wear up to twelve layers of clothing. Gender is more or less optional. - Terry Pratchett "Guards, Guards"

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Burrow problem?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 07:17:01 am »

Did you "add citizen" to burrow? I think that makes the burrow active all the time for the assigned dwarves.

Also, burrows don't keep other dwarves from entering them, just the assigned dwarves from exiting. As far as I know.
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.
Ashes are technically fire-safe.

jdiddleymspot

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 07:39:27 am »

Ah, okay. Yes, I added all my dwarves to the burrow.

I'll try it again.
All dwarfs have beards and wear up to twelve layers of clothing. Gender is more or less optional. - Terry Pratchett "Guards, Guards"

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 07:45:31 am »

You can still restrict dwarves to burrows (more momentarily) without adding them directly in the burrows menu. Go to military menu instead, 'alerts' and activate the burrow there.
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.
Ashes are technically fire-safe.

jdiddleymspot

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 11:50:31 am »

Tried making another two burrows and tested it. Not adding them in the menu seems to solve the problem.

Thanks