Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: My first adventure!  (Read 2059 times)

My first adventure!
« on: July 22, 2010, 06:42:30 pm »

So I'm playing my first adventure mode and instinctively stabbed the first person I saw. I'm pretty much murdering the town despite heavy resistance. I've been blocking everything and now at this point i just think there's a glitch or something -- this shouldn't be happening. What do you think?
And sorry for the picture overload.

Re: My first adventure!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 06:52:20 pm »

I died but the only reason is because i couldn't breath, i had a total of 19 kills, i am proud.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 07:04:18 pm »

There are 2 reasons that come to mind that would explain why you became an instant murder machine:
1) If you create an adventurer from a civilization, you are made superpowerful.
2) peasants and other non-military people can't fight. I've seen large populations of people be reduced severely from mountain goat herds wandering through town.
But congratulations on joining the ranks of the criminally insane adventurers.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 07:04:39 pm »

sure you may seem invincible, but has a crossbowman shot you yet?
also remember that if you grt bored, use the "Play Now!" button and see how tough it is. also try to come up with a creative story for things that happen, unless you have a sucky imagination...
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 07:06:57 pm »

There are 2 reasons that come to mind that would explain why you became an instant murder machine:
2) peasants and other non-military people can't fight. I've seen large populations of people be reduced severely from mountain goat herds wandering through town.
That about summed it up. I spent a good while murdering children and craftsmen i think i took down like 3 trained warriors but that was after I pretty much power level'd 3 skills to legendary. TIME TO PLAY PLAY NOW! Thanks!

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 07:21:23 pm »

Heh, ironic. I just returned to a capital inhabited by all races (must have listened to Black Eyed Peas 'One Tribe') and they were getting slaughtered by hoary marmots and mountain goats. I entered with 278 notable kills and 66 other kills, left with 278 notable kills and 133 other kills. Though many mountain goats still roamed around.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 07:25:06 pm »

"1st adventure"? Sounds more like your "First town killing spree" :P

Search for more megabeats, Go deep unto dark eerie caves, swim the haunted seas, Travel the world and reach out to more people......with your spear/sword/arrows.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 07:25:43 pm »

I see what you guys mean, now. I just started a game did nothing but lick the clay ground then was maimed by a giant eagle where i bled to death.  :-\     I just had another go and was devoured by wolves within seconds (literally).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 07:34:06 pm by The Frivolous Linguist »

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 08:05:46 pm »

"1st killing spree"? Sounds more like your "adventure" :P
fix'd

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 08:08:12 pm »

I see what you guys mean, now. I just started a game did nothing but lick the clay ground then was maimed by a giant eagle where i bled to death.  :-\     I just had another go and was devoured by wolves within seconds (literally).

Okay, yeah. Stay the hell away from Giant Eagles. They are death.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 11:43:12 pm »

Well i started to play adventure mode and i forgot how hard "Play Now" really is. I though a donkey would be an easy practice to wrestle, boy was i wrong. I never knew a donkey can wrestle that well...

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 12:05:39 am »

There are exploits that make Play Now! easier, it's just that, well, they're considered exploits. Also, Less hard =/= more fun in my opinion.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 12:15:21 am »

What exploits?

EDIT

I just cranked out 124 notable kills and died from an lip infection.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 12:40:57 am by Comrade »

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 11:28:48 am »

Well, if you can get your hands on a container of some sort - such as a backpack or waterskin - you can sell water, dirt, snow, any contaminate, really for 1 coin each. If you have 2 backpacks full of dirt and sell the dirt, you can then refill both of those backpacks from the tile of dirt you just dropped. This has allowed me to buy almost full sets of bronze armor in the past. A backpack holds 100 units of a contaminate, a waterskin holds 3.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 08:34:21 pm »

Well, if you can get your hands on a container of some sort - such as a backpack or waterskin - you can sell water, dirt, snow, any contaminate, really for 1 coin each. If you have 2 backpacks full of dirt and sell the dirt, you can then refill both of those backpacks from the tile of dirt you just dropped. This has allowed me to buy almost full sets of bronze armor in the past. A backpack holds 100 units of a contaminate, a waterskin holds 3.

Toady (somewhat) fixed the contaminant system. Dropped wine or blood no longer always forms pools which you can fill your backpack from.

Slightly off-topic: Goddammit, my wolves seem to be bleeding vomit.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (
Pages: [1] 2