Advanced search  

Author Topic: Demons  (Read 780 times)

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
Demons
« on: July 22, 2010, 02:09:25 am »

i've been playing my new fort 4 two seasons now and as i've progressed this is becoming more & more common: HFS is causing cave-ins way the fuck underground... im kinda worried, they've all been in roughly the same area XYZ
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
Re: Demons
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 02:11:20 am »

i've been playing my new fort 4 two seasons now and as i've progressed this is becoming more & more common: HFS is causing cave-ins way the fuck underground... im kinda worried, they've all been in roughly the same area XYZ
You've probably got some place where magma and water meet, I wouldn't worry about it. (Or, that's what I've been told.)
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 02:17:52 am »

You've probably got some place where magma and water meet, I wouldn't worry about it. (Or, that's what I've been told.)
tht's possible but inspected all the way down the magma tube and there's nowhere with direct contact
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 05:22:14 am »

The magma tube is not the only place with magma.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 07:57:41 am »

It is also possible for the caverns to form in such a way that mud is floating in midair.  Saplings grow in the floating mud, mature into trees, and then promptly cave in.  I have a spot underneath my current fortress that routinely produces caveins this way.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 08:49:45 am »

I have some spots in my caverns that cave in always on loading the save. I think it's causing that part of the caverns to flood slightly/gradually.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 09:29:14 am »

Spoiler your spoiler title, heathen.

Also, I think the tree idea is correct.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 10:23:52 am »

It happens. If it makes you nervous, you can load your save in an earlier version of DF and run Reveal to make sure you haven't already breached the HFS.

BTW: SPOILERS~!!!!@!~!@#$#@!~!@$^i
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 01:40:44 pm »

I have some spots in my caverns that cave in always on loading the save. I think it's causing that part of the caverns to flood slightly/gradually.
If something always cave in when loading save, regarless when save was done, you have bug. Report it on mantis and sent save.