Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Regenerate world exactly  (Read 1714 times)

fivre

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Regenerate world exactly
« on: July 21, 2010, 03:54:25 pm »

So I got lucky with worldgen roulette and managed to get a volcanic island with a sedimentary layer to boot. This looked pretty awesome, so I embarked, but was quickly defeated because I was trying to run at 300FPS and everyone drank all the booze before I could get farms set up. For some reason, DF reliably crashes every time I try to reclaim the fortress so I can't use the save anymore. I've run worldgen using the parameters the map exported and the same version of DF, but it no longer generates the sedimentary layer :(

Is there any way to make sure the improbable sedimentary layer shows up or is there some way to wipe the abandoned fort from the save or is there a known fix to the Reclaim crashing?

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
Re: Regenerate world exactly
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 06:33:58 pm »

Embark anywhere could help you but on the other hand the sedimentary layer might even be a bug in df and therefore the cause for your reclaim problems. 
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Regenerate world exactly
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 09:28:31 pm »

You might try PerfectWorldDF (see sig), and generate your volcanism map with a large amount of high frequency noise. I've been experimenting with it myself, and there's some improvements to be made in the way I handled the volcanism map, but if you make a really noisy volcanism map, you can get alot of volcanos with marble layers.

You can also use PW to get alot more volcanos, usually the full 200 is no problem if you want that many, of course that also gives you more chances to find the volcano that you're looking for.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar