Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for Ideal Race Mods...  (Read 596 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Looking for Ideal Race Mods...
« on: July 21, 2010, 07:24:25 am »

I am planning a Game for the Forums using DF itself, but to play this game I am looking for some Ideal mods that can be used for each of the avalible races, mods that not only make the races playable but also believeable. Custom Workshops and Different Jobs and Skill or something like that...

New Plants, Stone and Things like that. While I am no modder or can I decifer the Mods already posted to extract the parts I want, can anyone help me find them and/or present them to me...

What I am looking for mainly...

World Creation.
Plants and Animals that replace the vanilla to the point that it makes the world a little more believeable...
Plants- Plant File from Genisis Mod

Dwarves.
Just what would be useful to make the Dwarves more believeable.

Elves.
Ways to make it so that they are able to produce Wood without cutting down trees, custom workshops and the like.

Humans.
Changing simple things, remaking the Mechanics so that they use wooden mechensims and the like.
Custom Workshops - Sawmill
Goblins.
An easier way to help them hunt and stuff, custom workshops that can help them.

Kobolds.
Well I would be looking at Camp Kobold if I could find it.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 03:53:21 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Ideal Race Mods...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 07:51:26 am »

Plants and Animals that replace the vanilla to the point that it makes the world a little more believeable...
I have a lot of plant types and many real-life plants in Genesis if that's what you mean. There're various grain, stem, flower etc. plants, fruits and mushrooms, many new trees... Over 200 new plants, most of them were made by Chariot and some are added by me later (like mandrake or nightshade which should be used for magery soon).

I don't get what do you mean by " ideal " race. I am pretty sure that there's no real "ideal" race ever made yet.

I've made dwarves very diverse and gave them lots of new workshops, so I consider them pretty complete, but other races in Genesis still have a lot of cosmetic stuff, i.e. no real way to create sun gold for Ezrakim elves etc. But it's only because I don't want to make anyone but dwarves playable yet.

It would be an extreme mod which combines mods like cobold camp with other races... Someone is yet to make it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 07:59:53 am »

I am just looking for the peices that i can slot together, not in one whole thing mind you, seperatly like a DF folder for each race...

When i mean ideal, i mean what would you add to finish them off, would there be need to change them from the vanilla, what is missing if there is something missing...

With that plant mod, I saw it but I have no idea how to extract it cleanly so that i can use it alone. Last time i did i left something somewhere and i had crashes constantly...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 09:16:08 am »

You can just get all plant_***.txt files from Genesis and paste them in your game.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 09:52:34 am »

A sawmill workshop for the humans so that they can make multiple wooden blocks by serrated METAL discs.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 03:54:18 pm »

I need more ideas like Gax's. I will try and get the pieces I have at home when I get back there this weekend, but untill then, please help me find those that I might have missed...