Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29

Author Topic: The Island Of RPing 4.0  (Read 13849 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: The Island Of RPing 4.0
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2010, 12:05:03 am »

The GDI Troopers further venture into the island, often avoiding web traps made by the Terlians. The lost GDI Trooper on the other hand, is having a very bad day. After finding that his pistol had no effect he charged at the Terlian with a knife, driving it deep into the things carapace. Meanwhile Cole responds to the strange man.

"Well, we're in the only city on this goddamn island. If you are really amnesiac we're on earth, and the date is 2017 June 19th. And hold on, I'll get what you asked for."

Cole goes off to the back of the bar counter to procure some water and food.
Spectre soon asks Guardian to come up with him, and go outside for a conversation.
As he is walking out, Spectre's arm brushes up against the unknown strange man, and Spectre notices an eerie feeling and sound emanating from the strange man.

"What the hell is that clicking noise? What the!?"
Spectre is now backing away from the man slowly...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 12:12:40 am »

((I guess I'll use the same character I did in the agora's Dragon Inn: an archmage with no memory of where his home plane is.))

Outside the bar a slight shimmer appears in the air, at first only a point but rapidly growing into the shape of two figures. Moments later the area pulses oddly, as if that area of space had suddenly been stretched, and the shimmer is replaced with a young man and a small grey imp. The two enter the bar and take a seat at a couple of the bar stools. The man turns to face the odd being seated nearby.

"Good day to you my friend. Not to be rude, but what exactly are you? I am merely curious."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 12:14:23 am »

Guardian looks at the new visitor.
"Hey I seen that guy before."

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 12:15:14 am »

The Terlian retaliates by clawing at the mans abdomen, hopefully getting through what ever armour he is wearing at the time.
And just as a precaution, the Terlian uses two of its hands to grab the mans arms, and with one of the remaining ones, attempting to thrust its sharp pointy fingers into the man, impaling him.
With the last hand, the Terlian pulls out the knife from its backside.

The Terlian starts talking in a series of hisses and random noises, no way that the human could understand, in a way it actually seems threatening...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, 12:17:09 am »

The armor seems to withstand the clawing, but is easily punctured.
The GDI Trooper loses all hope in himself now and begins yelling in to his radio.

"THERE ARE FRICKEN CREATURES HERE AND I JUST GOT MORTALLY WOUNDED BY ONE! SOMEONE HELP ME DAMMIT!"
A seaman on the PSS Thunderchild responds
"Excuse me what?"

"I repeat I engaged an unknown creature and failed! Send some goddamn support to my position!"

"Roger that."

With that, a 2 ATVs are dispatched to to his position.

((These are really weird introductions people.))
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 12:20:49 am by Phantom »

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2010, 12:21:14 am »

The Terlian looks visibly shocked by the GDI troopers outburst and punches him in the head, till he is knocked out...
The Terlian now disturbed by the noises starts dragging the unconscious soldier back to the hole, but feels that it wont make it, so instead climbs one of the tall fur trees and spins a gigantic web, and lays the soldier in the middle of it, it then climbs up higher on the fur tree forest and hides itself in the thick foliage.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2010, 12:24:37 am »

The ATVs arrive and the riders dispatch.
"Thunderchild, it seems we have found the unit. Sensors indicate he has bled to death...
Dear god is that a web!?"

"Uh, ground forces I recommend Red Alert mode from now on."

The dismounted soldiers pull out their rifles.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2010, 12:26:27 am »

((Ya for typing slowly)

Damn and blast “Eirth?” “June?”
The figure seemed momentarily surprised, if something that you can not even see its face can look surprised, when the time and place were told to him but he quickly reigned in his surprise. Two of the men, hard looking fellows, got up and bumped into it, most likely on purpose and reacted with surprise and fear when they heard the clicking and felt something wiggling under the robes of it.

Damn these fools, if I was not drained after that last spell... but no I can not afford to release to much magic energies.. otherwise he may be able to track me. But still, a quick spell and these idiots would learn respect.

The worm quickly Got up from his stool and backed away from the men holding up hands still hidden in his robes.“I do not wish for a fight gentlemen” At lest until I get my powers back. “It would be wise if we just went our own ways and did not ask what makes what noise.”

It quickly turned to the new development in the form of a youth with a imp. A sharp hiss escaped its from its hood. And it quickly started for the door.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 12:29:29 am by Criptfeind »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2010, 12:29:03 am »

"Hey I don't want to fight anybody today sir.
I welcome you to this island, but if you murder anyone that didn't attack you first I will fry you alive."
Spectre walks hurriedly past the worm with Guardian, to have their conversation outside.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2010, 12:34:00 am »

Hearing that the humans did not mean any aggression the worm moved slowly back to the bar taking a seat at the end, as far away from the youth as possible. There he waited and watched the youth.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2010, 12:35:18 am »

Interested in the strange sticks, the Terlian wishes to examine one of them, and hopefully bring them back to the hive, though now that may be difficult...

With the sharp claws it starts cutting just above where it is standing, if it is lucky, everything will go just as planned, the tree will hit the gigantic web and lower it down to the forest floor.
If not, the tree may miss and cause the soldiers to panic, hopefully allowing it to run and grab one of those "sticks"...

With one last movement the tree begins to fall, creating an awful racket...
---

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2010, 12:36:51 am »

"Well, that was odd... ah well."

The man turned to the two soldiers.

"Eh? Oh, yes, I believe I remember you, from the Dragon Inn. I don't believe I ever got your name though. I am Dragnar, and you?"

Meanwhile the imp is loudly calling for a drink from the barkeep.

"Barkeep, bring me a mug of whatever ya got, the stronger the better!"
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2010, 12:40:29 am »

A small hiss came from the hood of the worm. “Youth. You have a companion that marks you as a magic user. Are you this?” The soft clicking slightly increases in volume, as if the what ever is making it is getting agitated.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2010, 12:47:46 am »

The imp stops calling for a drink long enough to answer.

"Ha! Magic user! Sure, he's that, "Archmage Dragnar" even. He's also a reckless idiot who has almost gotten me killed more times than I can count! How  he ever lived long enough to earn that title I'll never know..."

The imp's complains quickly devolve into random grumbling about mages in general.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2010, 12:52:25 am »

The worm reacts with surprise at the audacity of this imp that would talk to it.
“If I may offer a suggestion. When a companion talks in such a way quick and brutal punishment is usually the best option.”
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 01:05:59 am by Criptfeind »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29