Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29

Author Topic: The Island Of RPing 4.0  (Read 13890 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: The Island Of RPing 4.0
« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2010, 09:59:41 pm »

"Scientists. Hapless Test Subjects. Mutants. Mutants killing and mutating the soldiers stationed there. Became quarantined."

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 23, 2010, 10:41:15 pm »

"Unless you add a hostile or crazy AI to the mix, cybernetics is far, far less likely to result in that level of Charlie Foxtrot when compared with genetic engineering and suchlike, which is probably why the government invested so heavily in making gadgets and stuff rather than super drugs and the like."
Severo finishes his beer and waves for another.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2010, 10:58:47 pm »

Cole gives Severo another mug full of beer, and the Medic continues the conversation.
"The best we've done were vehicles, weapons, various accessories that help the infantry, and the occasional robot. Like the Hunter-Seeker. Or the Limpet Drone. Or NOD. They have been using Cyborgs against us until one of their AIs gone rouge and killed about 1/50 of the world populace. Or something."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 11:02:39 pm by Phantom »

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2010, 11:08:04 pm »

"That kind of proves my point. NOD's cyborgs were working well for them until a crazy AI mixed in. 'Course, if the cyborgs had been more free willed, it might have been less of a disaster for them, mightn't it?"
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2010, 11:14:23 pm »

"You know, giving them complete free will would be great. They're already committed to NOD if they were turned into Cyborgs, they just needed the enhancements. Although the Elite Cadre were already basically a match for cyborgs. 2 battle-hardened Cadres would fare well against all their cyborgs except the Commando. Cadre are less costly, almost as powerful, and extremely unlikely to become Benedict Arnolds."

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 23, 2010, 11:30:56 pm »

"But a cyborg doesn't need to be programed like a robot and is tougher and easier to fix than a normal person yet still has the creativity and adaptability. However, the main way we use cybernetics is to fix otherwise irreparable injuries, so maybe I shouldn't be arguing this point. Meh. Wanna drink?"

((Where's Luke?))
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 11:34:53 pm by Archangel »
My full sig

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 23, 2010, 11:38:23 pm »

"Sure.
Hey Cole I'd like a vodka."

"Alright, let me get it."
The medic sits down and removes his helmet. In addition Cole quickly retrieves a Vodka bottle and hands it to the medic. Guardian goes over upstairs and retrieves a laptop, same with Spectre. They both move to opposite ends of the bar and do their work.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2010, 01:02:13 am »

Little merely giggles at the cyborg's bravado. She'd taken down bigger things, and even if she couldn't, the bastard would kill her while bleeding. Maybe get him out of that armour first? She'd gotten some pretty important people out of the way that way before. Smiling at the happy thoughts, she sidles up to the bar and pulls out her knife, sticky with the blood of a Russian solider. She casually starts licking the blood off, pausing when half the knife is clean to order a vodka.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2010, 01:03:34 am »

Cole merely throws the vodka bottle at her, expecting her to catch it.

((As for Luke, eh, let's just say he's standing there staring at people disturbingly.))
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 01:10:12 am by Phantom »

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 24, 2010, 01:28:04 am »

Severo orders another beer and cautiously watches at the crazy, and possibly psychopathic, girl. "Hey, GDI people, would you like me to try to find that madman? I've been fighting Arathinians for years and if I'm right about him, I can just sidle up to him, pull his helmet off and use a tranquilizer or kill him, whatever's necessary."
My full sig

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 24, 2010, 01:34:05 am »

Cole refills the cyborgs beer mug, and the GDI soldier responds.
"We haven't seen that guy in months. Even the enemies controlling the northern island area have not seen him. Really there hasn't been anything bad as him right now, except for the quarantine breach and the fact Phantom let a NOD base be built somewhere here. Also, hold on, I'll go haul the knocked out guy here and get him in a room."
The medic does exactly what he said, and returns. A few more patrons enter through the door, wondering about the crater across the street caused by Guardian, or just wanting to get a damn drink.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2010, 02:45:09 am »

Little deftly plucks the vodka bottle out of the air, popping the cap off with her knife and taking a long swallow.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2010, 03:06:23 am »

"OK then." Severo empties his mug, stands, and picks up his helmet. "I think I'll take a look around the city. Disarm that guy and be ready to tranq him if he wakes up violent."
The cyborg walks out of the bar, clipping the helmet to his belt. He heads South, towards the warehouses.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 04:24:47 am by Archangel »
My full sig

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2010, 04:30:29 am »

Inside the boys head it was completely dark execpt for a small space where the boy himself was lieing down, hands around his body, pulling himself into a ball. Sensing that someone is there he uncurls and looks at the worm "No! Get out!" He mouths to the worm. Suddenly, a boy appears next to Ochita "You are not this Host. Prepare to die." His face showed a small strain and then what looked like Ochitas power came out, exept it was red and there was now a figure. A figure with a huge sword, coffins hovering around him. It moved in to attack and.. "NO!" Ochita pulled out the gun like object, held it to his head and pulled. His blue glow came again and this time there was the full figure. A large red scarf covered the neck and only the head looked organic, the rest of the body was mechanical. Pulling out a harp, it strung a chord and fire struck the other figure. "Just get out! You will be killed and you cant hurt him, only I can. Plus When I wake up..." The harpist strung another chord at the worm and the worm was thrown out. After that the walls to his mind were strenghened and the two boys prepared for a long fight...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2010, 03:57:15 pm »

Guardian seems to have a feeling that something strange is going on with Ochita. He goes upstairs to find the worm doing something and Ochita still asleep. He merely eyes the worm with suspicion, but yet he does not leave.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29