Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29

Author Topic: The Island Of RPing 4.0  (Read 13840 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
The Island Of RPing 4.0
« on: July 20, 2010, 08:37:14 pm »

((HEY GUYS! READ THIS FIRST.

Alright, let me tell you how to do this to the neophytes.
Bold is for things a character wrote or typed.
Italics are for actions.
"This is for conversation, der."
((This is for OOC stuff.))

A few rules too.
1. Please don't randomly murder or attack people. Really. OR I WILL BRING GDI'S TITANIUM-LEAD FIST DOWN UPON YOU.
2. No fourth-wall breaking unless in OOC.
3. No too powerful characters. I AM LOOKING AT YOU ARMOK.
4. Don't vandalize the human areas, however feel free to blow up the wilderness and that hostile base, plus the Quarantine Zone.
5. When fighting, you must give the other a chance to react and not kill them outright.

Alright, now away with that, to something else.))

A small laptop lays open in Cole's Bar, a respected establishment in the western part of the island. There seems to be a file about the island in it.

Spoiler: DOCUMENT #616 (click to show/hide)

The owner of the laptop closes it and leaves, while the GDI Soldier Spectre sits in the corner of the bar, having a conversation with Cole. An extremely large bowl of mixed nuts lies on the end of the bar counter, occasionally being taken from when Spectre walks over there. A terran ghost, commonly called Guardian by Phantom, (You should know this guy from my very old RPs.) is playing a game of poker at a table, against 4 GDI Officers.

(Let the RPing begin.)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 10:04:28 pm by Phantom »

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
Re: The Island Of RPing 4.0
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 09:49:25 pm »

((Is it bad I thought this was a thread about rape?))
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 09:56:11 pm »

((I have never found a forum game about rape here on these forums, so why would you think that?
And I'll call it bad if you think threads are about rape consistently.))

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 09:57:31 pm »

((Yes. RPing is very far away from Raping. Mainly due to the caps.))

((So, what are the rules for this, if any?))
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 10:00:08 pm »

((There you go, rules in.))
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 10:08:37 pm by Phantom »

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 11:35:15 pm »

ooc: I see no rules about not being allowed to create our own smaller island just a bit away from the main one, so can i do that?

I am taking that as a yes already, anyway, it will just be the entrance to my place...

Also, it would be best if you linked to this topic in that other topic.
End of occ
---

North east of the large island rests a tiny island with what would classify as a small forest, a very small forest.
But the island is large enough, only one mile wide, to house such a dense forest that travelers have gotten lost in it.
The trees that inhabit this island are weird, as they seem to be fur trees, truly odd for a tropical environment...

The creatures that inhabit this island are of simply colourful parrots, all different colours, there are also some small mammals here, exclusively this small 1 mile large island.
Rarely anybody comes here, and even if they did they would get lost, as this is a VERY confusing island...
But this confusion is exactly why a certain species have claimed it as their home...

The Terlian.
Terrible creatures that look like a mad experiment crossing humans with spiders.
Eight eyes these creatures have, all blood red and glow in the dark.
They have two pairs of legs and two pairs of arms.
Said arms have five fingers on them with three joints on each finger, after the last joint the rest of the finger becomes long and very sharp and pointy.
The feet however are just stubs...
The Terlians are able to spin webs and use them both offensively and defensively, and can work very effectively as a team.
They mostly reside in the dark but can come up into sunlight.

The terlians entrance to their massive underground abode is in the center of the forest, surrounded by an almost impenetrable ring of rock around it, though if one can fly or climb fairly well, they can easily get to it.
Their underground abode is a city constructed and run by Terlians, they mine, and use glowing crystals as light, though they barely need them...

# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 11:40:55 pm »

((MAY YOU PLEASE USE MY FORMAT, AND GIVE REASON FOR A RANDOM ISLAND APPEARING THAT HAS NOT BEEN THERE FOR SEVERAL YEARS? ALSO CAPS LOCK.))

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 11:42:16 pm »

Said island has apeared from recent volcanic activity...
The Terlians have managed to block the volcano and have dug down into the earths crust...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 11:43:52 pm by silhouette »
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 11:45:35 pm »

((USE THE DAMN FORMAT MAN!))
Meanwhile, on the smaller island...
PSS Thunderchild, named after the HMS Thunderchild, sends a small expedition group of 10 GDI Light Infantry soldiers to investigate the newly formed island. The soldiers have a small GPS tracker implanted in their Helemets and wrist-armor-pads should they be lost. A GDI Trooper gets lost from the group, and soon comes fact to face with a Terlian. Yelling various cuss words he tries to pull out his pistol after finding he forgot to get ammo for his rifle.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 11:47:44 pm by Phantom »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 11:49:51 pm »

((So, if I remember correctly, the island is in the same multiverse as Strife's RPs?))
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 11:50:42 pm »

((So, if I remember correctly, the island is in the same multiverse as Strife's RPs?))
((Yessir.))

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 11:51:14 pm »

On the outskirts of a town on a island a strange phenomenon was taking place. A small glowing portal had appeared floating in mid air. Slowly something wiggled though... a single beetle larva fell to the ground. The portal grew larger until the was roughly the size of an eight foot by three foot door way. A figure stepped though.

The door to a bar opened softly, a small creak was the only thing that betrayed it's passage at all. Though the now open door and out from the night came a tall cowled figure came though. It moved across the ground... if anyone was to watch they would have described the way it walked as... odd... as if it did not bring its feet up and down but rather slid across the floor. The truly observant in the room would be able to hear a soft clicking sound emanating from it, almost like the sound of a multitude of small insects. It when to the bar and “sat” on one of the bar stools. It turned it hidden face towards two men at the corner of the bar, one of them is obviously the bartender. A soft sibilant voice comes from under the cowl, it sounds as if a thousand tiny mouths are working in concert to be heard.
“Excuse me sir. What do you serve?”

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 11:52:59 pm »

Cole looks towards the strange man.
"Anything really, what would you like to have?"
Spectre stares uneasily at the strange man, same with Guardian.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 11:56:32 pm »

ooc:
Lol, tis funny cos i normally do the opposite and am too used to it... switching to weird italic format...

Also bold for thoughts right?
----

The ring of rocks is made out of a very special type of rock, which is VERY slippery, and also very smooth.
Said animals and plant life have been brought there by the Terlians, who also engineered the small island to suit the needs of said animals and plants.

Terlians are covered in carapace that is very hard to penetrate under normal circumstances, thought one can kill a Terlian very easily as they are more suited to stealth, and less on open combat...

Meanwhile, in the underground city.

The leader of the Terlians, Hurlgrish, is deciding the next course of action for the prosperity of the new civilization.

... It seems that we need more crystals, though the miners have not been digging them up in sufficient quantity's recently... 

Hurlgrish thought to himself as he picked up a crystal on his rock desk and examined it.

There is also the off chance of the inhabitants coming to this island to investigate the recent volcanic activities...
Thought he as he put the crystal down.

Also, the recent addition of the blood shrooms farm hasnt been very successful lately, i believe its due to the lack of water...

Hurlgrish paced around the room, increasing the blood flow to his brain

---

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 11:58:46 pm »

“Well... I am most interested in information... can you perchance tell me where we are? And ah.... What the date is? As for sustenance I will take one glass of water. I will also purchase some food, any kind will do.”

The figure turns slightly to look at the two other men and than turns quickly back to to looking at the Bartender.

I wonder... I may need to move on soon... I can not afford to attract the wrong kind of attention.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29