Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: DARKSPORE  (Read 11445 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: DARKSPORE
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2011, 01:54:23 pm »

Dont need em. Checked my email, found myself in the beta. I got 3 extra beta keys for people who dont have accounts there.

Will send them to the first 3 people who post here if they want em.

EDIT: Sent to Volatar and Myroc, 1 left
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 02:05:48 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2011, 02:01:55 pm »

I would like a key, though mostly for my sister. She will probably play this all day if I get it for her.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2011, 02:03:25 pm »

Sure, I'll take one.

Edit: Silly question. How do I use it?

My intellect fails to disappoint me. Figured it out, got it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 02:21:01 pm by Myroc »
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2011, 02:16:09 pm »

I got a key from the MMORPG.com offer.  Downloading it now, but I don't have high hopes.  I read the backstory and it took all my strength not to look in two different directions and yell "DUUUUH DUUOOY DUUUUHH"
Shoes...

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2011, 02:22:49 pm »

Sounds spectacularly mediocre, Cthulhu.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2011, 02:51:54 pm »

Great to hear that EA was launched a New game.. But I don't Understand is it a 3rd Person Games or any other..?? Actually I like to Play 3rd Person games.. If any one can help me out will be great.. I would like to buy this games...

The tailer makes the game look like Diablo in Space with the Spore Creature Creator.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2011, 07:21:28 pm »

Great to hear that EA was launched a New game.. But I don't Understand is it a 3rd Person Games or any other..?? Actually I like to Play 3rd Person games.. If any one can help me out will be great.. I would like to buy this games...

The tailer makes the game look like Diablo in Space with the Spore Creature Creator.

This is pretty accurate.  Just got back from playing the tutorial and messing around with the creature creator.  If the creator were fully utilized this would be awesome, but that would be out of character for a Spore game, so no.  There are several heroes, all with really cool (If you're twelve) names.  You can customize the size of various body parts, move detail bits around, and change the colors, but other than that no real customization.  Compared to Diablo, Titan Quest, etc. it's pretty subpar.  The game's one saving grace is that there's just enough customization to make your heroes look retarded.

Overall, no.  Would not buy.  Lame.  Dumb.  Original Spore was better (Which is saying a lot)
Shoes...

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2011, 08:34:17 pm »

This is pretty accurate.  Just got back from playing the tutorial and messing around with the creature creator.  If the creator were fully utilized this would be awesome, but that would be out of character for a Spore game, so no.  There are several heroes, all with really cool (If you're twelve) names.  You can customize the size of various body parts, move detail bits around, and change the colors, but other than that no real customization.  Compared to Diablo, Titan Quest, etc. it's pretty subpar.  The game's one saving grace is that there's just enough customization to make your heroes look retarded.

Overall, no.  Would not buy.  Lame.  Dumb.  Original Spore was better (Which is saying a lot)
Pretty much everything Cthulu said. There could of been some potential for this, but why are you giving me 100 heros to choose from but not letting me create my own? Maybe you can at some point but I got bored after less than a level and a half. It feels like a half-assed Diablo that could easily have been something better, they just made some bad design choices and ultimately F-ed up.

It might get better after you play a bit further, but I personally don't care enough to do so. Considering how many bad Diablo clones there already are, I'm a bit surprised designers are still messing it up somehow. Making money on a game and making a good game are two different things though, I guess.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2011, 07:46:43 am »

Pretty much everything Cthulu said. There could of been some potential for this, but why are you giving me 100 heros to choose from but not letting me create my own? Maybe you can at some point but I got bored after less than a level and a half. It feels like a half-assed Diablo that could easily have been something better, they just made some bad design choices and ultimately F-ed up.

It might get better after you play a bit further, but I personally don't care enough to do so. Considering how many bad Diablo clones there already are, I'm a bit surprised designers are still messing it up somehow. Making money on a game and making a good game are two different things though, I guess.
Personally I found it fun.

Whats so bad about it?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2011, 06:13:57 pm »

The gameplay just felt bland to me, and I wasn't interested in the setting really. Just not my bag of chips I guess, and I'm not a huge fan of the play style anyway. I was also kind of off-put by the squad-heros thing, but that's entirely a personal preference. It felt like there was no real attachment or progression to the characters, I got the sense that all skills and abilities were pre-set per hero which is a big turn off for me. Granted I didn't play very far so any information I give is mostly asssumption or opinion.

I didn't really mean to be so negative, I'm sure some people are going to like it, and more power to them.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2011, 07:22:33 pm »

I was a huge fan of Spore, though this looks...  very, very different.  An alternative universe, where the creators focused on science instead of cuteness.  It looks very much like you're controlling a single unit from an RTS, or somesuch.  I'm worried about how much they advertise the "combat", though, because I liked building and designing much more than combat.  Trading and diplomacy had better be in, but I'm very skeptical.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2011, 08:01:20 pm »

... a fan... of spore?

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2011, 08:03:32 pm »

It's a Diablolike, it's not going to be anything like Spore.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2011, 08:07:27 pm »

... a fan... of spore?

Spore wasn't horrible, it just couldn't live up to the massive amount of hype.  People were expecting the second coming and they got a 4/10
Shoes...

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2011, 08:13:20 pm »

I quite enjoyed it.  Note that one doesn't know the worth of their money until they earned it, and...  well, I didn't earn it.  I was at a friend's house for a weekend, and played it throughout.  Put probably 14 hours in to it, not giving it a chance to outstay its welcome.  I can see where things could be improved, but I really did like the game.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10