Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: DARKSPORE  (Read 11465 times)

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DARKSPORE
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2010, 05:27:20 pm »

Yeah, if Spore had the stuff it seemed to promise (Actual CONSEQUENCES to making changes), it would have been great. We shelled out money for a game where a smaller creature with four chetah-like legs is slower than an enourmous blob with one "better" foot tacked on somewhere.

Right now, after playing with Captains in Galactic Andentures for a while, you just slap on a pair of hidden 3cm-long wings and glide around. And of cource the "two claws is just like one" thing the automatic symetry does.

Want two eyes side by side? 5pts. Want two eyes one above the other? 10pts. Want only one eye? 5pts.
They all see just as well too.

I want to see a game (not necesaraly with creatures) that can have REAL INVENTION.
Not Generic Part 1 + Weapon B equals Weapon B+1.
Something where people can say "You used the engine exhaust to keep the welder warm? Clever."

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2010, 06:20:16 pm »

Games fall into two categories these days:  They are either First-person-shooters with harsh language, nudity and bloody limbs, or they are cuddly, cute, squishy, round, teddy bear games where everything is puffy and soft.  You either get rated M or rated E.

This one falls into the latter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2010, 07:28:39 pm »

Games fall into two categories these days:  They are either First-person-shooters with harsh language, nudity and bloody limbs, or they are cuddly, cute, squishy, round, teddy bear games where everything is puffy and soft.  You either get rated M or rated E.

There are still a ton of T rated games... So I wouldn't go as far as to say that yet.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2010, 07:31:01 pm »

Dude. Do you want cuddly, cute, squishy, round, teddy bear games with nudity? Because I don't.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2010, 07:35:24 pm »

Given that the cutesy team behind Spore made Will Wright quit, I don't have high hopes for this, as his vision was the sole reason Spore was *supposed* to be so revolutionary.

Er, they did? I recalll Wright riding Spore for all it was worth, and only quiting after the game pretty much collapsed a few months after release.

I'd like to respect him for quitting and all...but I would have respected him more if he'd quit when they saddled him with an army of Disney animators.
He stuck around until it flopped, yes.

It flopped because they wouldn't do it like he wanted.
Ergo, the cutesy team made him quit.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2010, 07:42:31 pm »

Yeah, Will Wright has some seriously deep stuff under his belt, I wish he could've had more of that here.

That, or maybe he's lost his touch.  Remember Peter Molyneux used to make games like Dungeon Keeper.  How the mighty have fallen.
Shoes...

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2010, 08:38:16 pm »

While you have succeeded in making your point with this, that's a pretty big exaggeration of the market.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2010, 10:27:56 am »

While you have succeeded in making your point with this, that's a pretty big exaggeration of the market.

Hurray for Captain Obvious!

Yeah, Will Wright has some seriously deep stuff under his belt, I wish he could've had more of that here.

:o ... I don't want to know.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2010, 10:39:21 am »

Hurray for Captain Obvious!
i am standing on the ground and wearing a cape that is red and says CO on it!
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2010, 11:15:18 am »

I want to see a game (not necesaraly with creatures) that can have REAL INVENTION.
Something where people can say "You used the engine exhaust to keep the welder warm? Clever."
Would this be anything like you're looking for?
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2010, 11:18:14 am »

I don't know what rating it got, but Naughty Bear is a cute and fluffy teddy  bear game that also happens to be a slasher villain simulator. It's like tellytubbies crossed with Friday the 13th (or any other slasher film).

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2010, 03:34:05 pm »

Would this be anything like you're looking for?

Another game that excites players but isn't actually providing all that much information about what it is, and could be a dissappointment?

I guess we did click on a thread about Spore.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2010, 06:46:48 pm »

bump because i simply MUST hear more about this terrible game!
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2010, 06:48:11 pm »

bump because i simply MUST hear more about this terrible game!

It isn't going to be terrible... it is just going to be a bland League of Legends clone with a lousy gimic...

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2011, 11:59:45 am »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10